Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    I am so excited that the Pelicans will dominate the conversation of this draft. When Zion is announced, the NBA world will be focused on New Orleans and what Zion's special talent will bring to the Pelicans. I can't wait!

At #4, it depends on what happens with Memphis and New York. If they take Morant and Barrett, as expected and there is no trade of the pick, I think Hunter is the best fit. I am hoping Barrett falls to the Pelicans at 4, but Griffin should take the best player on the board and whether he takes Garland, Culver or whoever, I will accept that he believes that player is worth the pick. If they trade down with Atlanta for 8 and 10, my hope would be that he takes Hunter/White and Hayes. I believe the best way to rebuild is by starting with defense and the trio of Zion, Hunter and Hayes (combined with Jrue and Ball) would kickstart the rebuild in a very positive way. They can add shooters in FA.

For the second round picks, they could pick draft and stash guys, if available. But my late first or early second round desire is the kid from Florida State, Kabengele. Everyone has their favorites, but I think Kabengele hasn't come close to reaching his potential.
    To your first statement,it seems like we have dominated the NBA news cycle since the AD trade request. It's seems that a couple of times a week there is some news on the Pels going on. I think the narrative on this franchise has changed dramatically in just four months. It would be exciting if we become a legitimate destination team.

Basketball Guru
    on golic and mingo they were talking about the draft and all stars...they were talking about a stat that showed for 25 years straight the 8th pick in the NBA draft has not made a all star game...

so for all you posters who want us to swap with atlanta for the 8th pick,,i think yall might want to re think that idea lol.........but for real thats crazy,,25 straight years the 8th pick has not made a all star game....

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Intriguing.
    I doubt we keep the pick man. Somebody is gonna cave for the right to take Garland.

Basketball Guru
    listening to what griff said he wanted out of the AD trade was a vet to play with jrue and a up and coming star i think.....well , we got the young players but not the vet....so i think the 4th pick may be a vet he wants or we pick hunter or someone else.......

i dont believe we will have more than 2 rookies on the active roster because we trying to make the playoffs this coming season to show jrue,,zion and the NBA world that its a new day with our organization in being a destination for players to come and play for......we have to make the playoffs or miss be a hand full of games for people to take us serious and not as jokes anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    on golic and mingo they were talking about the draft and all stars...they were talking about a stat that showed for 25 years straight the 8th pick in the NBA draft has not made a all star game...

so for all you posters who want us to swap with atlanta for the 8th pick,,i think yall might want to re think that idea lol.........but for real thats crazy,,25 straight years the 8th pick has not made a all star game....
    I was just going to say that's not true. Vin Baker made four All-star teams! THen I realized 1993 was 26 years ago.

via GIPHY

Feels crazy knowing Zion will officially be a Pelican in like, 14 hours.
    Exciting times ahead for you guys and your legendary city...y’all deserve an NBA title, I hope to see you guys competing for titles in the near future. I saw someone on here mention how FA might be more inclined to come to the Pels. I definitely agree with this, and here in Sacramento we are getting used to FA not seeing us as dysfunctional. You guys have an awesome GM calling the shots, that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Da-Yah View Post
    Exciting times ahead for you guys and your legendary city...y’all deserve an NBA title, I hope to see you guys competing for titles in the near future. I saw someone on here mention how FA might be more inclined to come to the Pels. I definitely agree with this, and here in Sacramento we are getting used to FA not seeing us as dysfunctional. You guys have an awesome GM calling the shots, that’s for sure.
    Good to hear from someone outside the Pelicans immediate fanbase who isn't angry at us for getting Zion

Usually we just hear from LA and NY types in the media who seem mad at us for existing. Sacramento is on the up and up as well. Fox is a stud and I still wish we hadn't given you guys Buddy. Bright future for both teams.
    Basketball.

Who is the best rim defender in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Who is the best rim defender in the draft?
    Goga, Hayes, or Clarke. All three of them are very, very good rim protectors.

Good to hear from someone outside the Pelicans immediate fanbase who isn't angry at us for getting Zion

Usually we just hear from LA and NY types in the media who seem mad at us for existing. Sacramento is on the up and up as well. Fox is a stud and I still wish we hadn't given you guys Buddy. Bright future for both teams.

Haha, yah right as Harden and Westrbook twilight Zion and Fox will be leading the league into a new era, good times ahead! I definitely feel like I found a second Western Conference team (have always loved you guys, Tyreke, Boogie, Eric Gordon etc etc).

Can't wait to see my other team kill the draft tonight, and maybe even secure my main man John Collins from ATL? As many here have suggested, I think this would make this team insane. Garland-Jrue-Ingram-Zion-Collins...would be EPIC. And we love our Buddy Buckets, here in SAC, he has a Kobe like work ethic and a Shane Battier type demeanor, great guy.

Good morning everyone.

Goga, Hayes, or Clarke. All three of them are very, very good rim protectors.
    I like Clarke. He has a nice inside game too he dropsteps all the time lol

I want to trade back and get the 8 and 10 spot where I would select

cameron reddish or rui hachimura

and jaxson hayes

What asset would we give for Collins? Doubt they'd do Ingram for Collins straight up. JC is better than Ingram, doesn't have the injury concerns, and wouldn't leave them when the year is up. Highly doubt ATL lets go of a rebuilding piece while they're rebuilding.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Good morning everyone.
    Ello guvna.

No surprises here, but we picked up Jah’s option. Even if he maintains the same level of production, that is a huge steal for the price. I hold out hope that we can sign him to a cheap long term deal and he balls out right after.

Wait what?????

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Wait what?????
    Poor guy must have read Bill Simmons' silly proposal and thought it was real.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Poor guy must have read Bill Simmons' silly proposal and thought it was real.
    Oh for heavens sake. I didn't even realize that. Stay away from the internet Dickie.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Wait what?????

If only if it were true? Does he know something we don’t?

Houston is shopping Capela? Any interest on this board?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Houston is shopping Capela? Any interest on this board?
    Too expensive. Nice player but there are probably better options.

Thread Information