Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar

Draft 2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

I figured it would be a great idea to start a 2019 Draft day thread to consolidate our thoughts on our picks along with the rest of the league.

Here are the Pelicans current picks.

1st Round:
    Pick 1 - ZION WILLIAMSON
    Pick 8 (from the Hawks) - JAXSON HAYES
    Pick 17 (from the Hawks) - NICKEIL ALEXANDER-WALKER

2nd Round:
    Pick 35 (from the Hawks) - DIDI LOUZADA
    Pick 39 - ALLEN SMAILAGIC Traded to GS for 2 future second rd. picks

We'll see what Dave Griff. and Swin Cash decides on with the 4th pick. I personally say trade it away to the Hawks for the 8th and 10th, since we've beefed up our scouting department. I also wouldn't mind Beal!

#inGriffweTrust
    Last edited by j_bones; 06-21-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Ready to go.

Looks like Zion is too. Unbelievable just how massive he is. Makes RJ look like a twig, and RJ's 6'7 and about 210lbs.
    Basketball.

I think the Pels should stand pat, pick at #4. Something tells me Barrett or Morant could be there a la Chris Paul.

The only way I move the 4th pick is...

A. Myles Turner trade
    B. Swap picks with Phoenix + future 1st(We don't need 5 rookies in 1 year)

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ready to go.

Looks like Zion is too. Unbelievable just how massive he is. Makes RJ look like a twig, and RJ's 6'7 and about 210lbs.
    Oh my god they hate each other

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ready to go.

Wait hold up. If RJ is 6'7. Zion has to be at least 6'9. Maybe even 6'10, he looks to have a solid 2-3 inches on him in height.

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    I think the Pels should stand pat, pick at #4. Something tells me Barrett or Morant could be there a la Chris Paul.
    Exactly. Just stay with 4 pick. If RJ is not available take Garland or Hunter. They also will be very good players.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Wait hold up. If RJ is 6'7. Zion has to be at least 6'9. Maybe even 6'10, he looks to have a solid 2-3 inches on him in height.
    Uhh yeah thats crazy. I had to look it up and Zion is indeed listed as 6' 7". If Barrett's height is accurate he is clearly 6'10".

Also theres a lot of talk about maybe Zion carries too much weight. To me he just looks solid. His height/weight ratio look totally fine. Again thats just the eyeball, and maybe hes put on a couple inches and kept his weight the same, but he just looks like a ton of bricks is all.

What I find amazing about Zion is that, at 6'7", 285lbs, he's comparable in size to an NFL defensive end. With his agility, that's just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I said a few months ago that Zions at least 6'8. Looking at this video, 6'9 wouldn't be surprising. I was right when I said the same thing about Culver, who was listed at 6'6. I knew, looking at him in comparison to other players that that could not be true.

Then, at the combine, Culver measured at basically 6'8, I think. I'm sure that Zion would have measured at 6'9 at least if he'd been measured.

The picture is an illusion. When they stand next to each other, you can tell that they are close to the same height.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    The picture is an illusion. When they stand next to each other, you can tell that they are close to the same height.
    Where is the illusion? In the video, they are standing next to each other. I would guess Zion is about 2 inches taller, maybe RJ is 6'6" and Zion is "6'8"

After watching the video clip, I am wrong. I don’t know how tall either of them are, but looking at their shoulder joint and eye line, Zion is around two inches taller.

That video makes you realize how young this guy is, as he still has a 5-year-old brother. I hope this guy remains humble as he matures unlike AD.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    What we got here?

Posters,

Please educate me on the NBA Draft.

If we keep our 4th pick, the Lakers actually make the pick for us? Does Griffin tell Pelinka, "OK, we want you to draft *******." Then the player is traded to us on July 6th?

Quote Originally Posted by PelDave View Post
    Posters,

Please educate me on the NBA Draft.

If we keep our 4th pick, the Lakers actually make the pick for us? Does Griffin tell Pelinka, "OK, we want you to draft *******." Then the player is traded to us on July 6th?
    The Lakers make the pick for us and then the draft rights to the player is included in the trade on the 6th.

If RJ drops to 4 I think we'll take him.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    If RJ drops to 4 I think we'll take him.
    I hope so.

Thanks, Mythrol.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    Uhh yeah thats crazy. I had to look it up and Zion is indeed listed as 6' 7". If Barrett's height is accurate he is clearly 6'10".

Also theres a lot of talk about maybe Zion carries too much weight. To me he just looks solid. His height/weight ratio look totally fine. Again thats just the eyeball, and maybe hes put on a couple inches and kept his weight the same, but he just looks like a ton of bricks is all.
    Why is no one mentioning that Zion can still grow too? Dude is only 19. He could definitely add more inches
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Adams and DS are intriguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Why is no one mentioning that Zion can still grow too? Dude is only 19. He could definitely add more inches
    Dude is 18. Doesn't turn 19 until July 6th.

Thread Information