Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jrue is not getting traded!

Jrue is not getting traded!

Hopefully this tweet put the fire out

It’s a tweet by the pelicans social media team. It means nothing.

That being said... I hope you’re correct.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    It’s a tweet by the pelicans social media team. It means nothing.

That being said... I hope you’re correct.
    I would not doubt Grif has some command in the social media’s team.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I would not doubt Grif has some command in the social media’s team.
    Very unlikely. I think it’s 50/50 for Jrue to leave.

We have two years to win a series with Jrue. If Alexander-Walker is good in Year 3, Jrue is shipped. It's sad.

David Griffin at media availability, LITERALLY SECONDS AGO

''This is Jrue Holiday's team [...] we are very cognisant of the fact that this is Jrue Holiday's team.''
    Basketball.

Straight from David Griffin’s mouth. “ This is Jrue’s team”

Presser tonight.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There was never any indication we were even considering Jrue being traded. Y'all should’ve known better.

If we had gotten Beal, I can almost guarantee it would be a different story. I’m very okay with Jrue. Beal would have taken too much

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    There was never any indication we were even considering Jrue being traded. Y'all should’ve known better.
    Some of us did.

Jrue is not getting traded!

He said it clearly because I’m sure Jrue is sitting at home saying wtf with this draft. Or at least that is Griffin’s perception. It would be mine

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    He said it clearly because I’m sure Jrue is sitting at home saying wtf with this draft. Or at least that is Griffin’s perception. It would be mine
    Why would he be saying that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    I’m going to assume we had our sights on Doumbaya or Okeke because Walker was a reach.

Duke fan here who is also a huge fan of the Holiday family.

I can’t understate enough how important keeping Jrue around Zion will be.

Zion will take to him like water and see a big brother that he never had. Zion’s a sweet kid in a monster’s body. Having vets who are good human beings is crucial because otherwise Zion could get jaded and I don’t want the kid’s purity to change.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’m going to assume we had our sights on Doumbaya or Okeke because Walker was a reach.
    How was Walker a reach?

Here is a mock where he goes 16th:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...experts-2019-5

Here's one where he goes 18th:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...p-at-no-4/amp/

Another one where he went 16th:

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/20/nb...s-knicks-hawks

Here's one where he went 14th:

https://nbadraft.theringer.com

Another at 16th:

https://walterfootball.com/nbadraft2019mock_1.php

In no way shape or form did we reach for him.

This should be Zion's team. When you make this kind of investment in a guy it should be about him day 1 until he proves beyond a shadow of a doubt he's not capable of filling that role. Hopefully all this Jrue talk is lip service.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This should be Zion's team. When you make this kind of investment in a guy it should be about him day 1 until he proves beyond a shadow of a doubt he's not capable of filling that role. Hopefully all this Jrue talk is lip service.
    Don't worry Zion going to do his thing regardless. Even better he is able to come in without that burden on his mind...I prefer to just see him play without worry to be free to just go off. Lets gooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Yes I agree the smart thing to do is throw an immense amount of pressure on an 18 year old immediately.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Jrue is the leader of this team. He’s worthy of the throne. Zion is here and will elevate this team to another level. Damn!!! We are lucky!!!!!!

Anthony “That’s all folks” Davis made a fool of himself. Zion is probably more mature than him at 18. The PELS really knocked it out of the park. Every move made so far has made me more excited.

We moved AD and won the lottery: AD disrespected us. AD out.

INCOMING: Zion, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Jaxson Hayes, Nikiel Alexander-Walker. PLUS: a gazillion future picks! GRIFFIN CRUSHED IT!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes I agree the smart thing to do is throw an immense amount of pressure on an 18 year old immediately.
    I hear what you are saying, but let's not pretend like we are rebuilding this team around Jrue Holiday and Zion will be just another role player.

This will be Zion's team but you can't give him the keys before he has attended an NBA practice.

Jrue will show him how to lead, and when the day comes that Zion is ready to assume that leader position... he'll take the baton and run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but let's not pretend like we are rebuilding this team around Jrue Holiday and Zion will be just another role player.
    Who is pretending that Zion will be just another role player? Just because expectations are that he will take over the team doesn't mean that we should immediately heap all of the pressure onto an 18 year old kid.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    We are doing it the right way by saying it's still Jrue's team. We all know what's what, but as far as immediate future, it really does take a little bit of the pressure off of the big fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Who is pretending that Zion will be just another role player? Just because expectations are that he will take over the team doesn't mean that we should immediately heap all of the pressure onto an 18 year old kid.
    people don't seem to understand this but also this is jrues team as of right now

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    This will be Zion's team but you can't give him the keys before he has attended an NBA practice.

Jrue will show him how to lead, and when the day comes that Zion is ready to assume that leader position... he'll take the baton and run with it.
    more like take the baton and dunk with it. RAWWRRR!

Thread Information