Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4th Pick: Cliff Notes Version

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    https://www.nj.com/sports/2019/06/la...rojection.html

Who does this trade? I would in a heartbeat.
    Asolutely and I’d draft Goga in that scenario as well.

Boston looks stuck in purgatory with Al and Kyrie's departures. Pels should try to take advantage.
    Jrue dat

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    garland or deandre hunter
    This. Unless by a miracle somehow RJ or Morant falls to 4, one of the above should be our pick.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Boston looks stuck in purgatory with Al and Kyrie's departures. Pels should try to take advantage.
    Yes. Trade #4 for the Memphis pick next year. If you can get one of the picks they have this year too

With the important caveat that I really only watch Pels basketball, doesnt Aaron Gordon play Zions position?
    He doesn’t seem to shoot or stretch well. How would he fit next to Zion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zion can move around the court offensively and defensively so its kind of impossible for someone to play his position. But yeah, ideally you want shooters banging 3s next to Zion. Unless we form a super amazing defensive juggernaut that changes the shape of the league......but you'd still want spacing.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Zion can move around the court offensively and defensively so its kind of impossible for someone to play his position. But yeah, ideally you want shooters banging 3s next to Zion. Unless we form a super amazing defensive juggernaut that changes the shape of the league......but you'd still want spacing.
    It's also not just Zion you have to think about but the potential starting lineup. Right now it's looking like Zo-Jrue-Ingram-Zion-??Okafor??

That isn't enough shooting to be successful. Need more spacing in that lineup. A 5 that can stretch the floor or replacing Zo with a shooter (Garland) would be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Yes. Trade #4 for the Memphis pick next year. If you can get one of the picks they have this year too
    No that's a horrible idea. The Memphis pick is top 6 protected next year so the only way they Pels would get it would be if it landed outside of the top 6. The year after its unprotected but that's a big risk.

I'm not opposed to trading the 4th but it'd take more than a top 6 protected pick next year.

Culver or bust. That's it. That's the post.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Culver or bust. That's it. That's the post.
    No way.

Looks like the Grizz really are all in on Ja after trading Conley. Come on Knicks! Do something knicks like and pick someone projected much later in the round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    No way.
    You'll see, he will be the 2nd best player in this draft(tied with Morant). His presence on the court is something you can't teach. Special player.

Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    I still like trading with Atlanta for 8 and 10. The thought of closing playoff games with a Brandon Clarke/Zion front court has left me drooling late at night. Ive been blaming it on the dog, but I think the wife has caught on. The defensive potential of that lineup is off the charts amazing. With Clarke reworking his jumper, and the touch he has on floaters and around the rim, I am pretty confident he will become a league average shooter. He also handles well for his size and has flashed the potential to be a good playmaker at the 4/5. I know Im a broken record on him but I just don’t think there is anyway that guy isn’t contributing to winning basketball for a long time. With the other pick you could go a variety of directions…..Colby White, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Hunter, maybe Cam Johson(bit of a reach). Or trade back with the other pick and target a shooter.
    Yeah I'm really enamored with Clarke + Zion as well. Can't totally justify it as Clarke would be a 6'8" F/C with short arms, a suspect (though developing!) jump shot and a bit light in the keister at around 210 pounds. But the dude can just play, a freak athlete (like Zion), with a high motor, high basketball IQ, who was the second most efficient scorer in college basketball last year behind Zion as well as a stone cold defender and, as one scout put it, "the best short-armed shot blocker I've ever seen." He's a mid-first rounder so if we trade down I'd love to nab him, though you could do much of the same kind of line up with Hunter, PJ Washington, Hachimura or even Jaxson Hayes. I just think Clarke is a better basketball player than any of those guys (Hunter is close, but not as dynamic, though a much more proven shooter at this point). Zion + Clarke would be a super dynamic front court of two A+ defenders who could play off each other on offense as well and run bigger forwards and centers right off their feet with Ball and Holiday setting the pace...

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Yeah I'm really enamored with Clarke + Zion as well. Can't totally justify it as Clarke would be a 6'8" F/C with short arms, a suspect (though developing!) jump shot and a bit light in the keister at around 210 pounds. But the dude can just play, a freak athlete (like Zion), with a high motor, high basketball IQ, who was the second most efficient scorer in college basketball last year behind Zion as well as a stone cold defender and, as one scout put it, "the best short-armed shot blocker I've ever seen." He's a mid-first rounder so if we trade down I'd love to nab him, though you could do much of the same kind of line up with Hunter, PJ Washington, Hachimura or even Jaxson Hayes. I just think Clarke is a better basketball player than any of those guys (Hunter is close, but not as dynamic, though a much more proven shooter at this point). Zion + Clarke would be a super dynamic front court of two A+ defenders who could play off each other on offense as well and run bigger forwards and centers right off their feet with Ball and Holiday setting the pace...
    Heres a really good in depth look into him as a prospect. https://www.thestepien.com/2019/06/1...randon-clarke/

Thread Information