Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Want 4th Pick (?)

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Where is that rumor from?
    It been talked about multiple times this week in multiple threads. Some reporter posted in yesterday I think. Holiday also deleted almost all of his IG posts that had the Pelicans in it.

Dont shoot the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    It been talked about multiple times this week in multiple threads. Some reporter posted in yesterday I think. Holiday also deleted almost all of his IG posts that had the Pelicans in it.

Dont shoot the messenger.
    Even if it were true (which it is not), your proposed trade would equate to giving him away for nothing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    There are far better centers in the league we can get for way better trading/pricing. HARD PASS.
    Unless I'm getting the perfect fit and an All NBA candidate, I want to go with the Chicago Bulls model at Center from the 90s.

Give me three randos with 18 fouls who can get rebounds. I don't want a lot draft capital or salary cap devoted to a dude that isn't going to be on the court in the last 5 minutes of a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    There is no reason for you to be this hyped about trading Jrue, bruh. Hell. Trading Jrue should be a separate move to net us more assets all on it's own. We may be able to get Myles Turner with just the 4th and whatever other filler the Pacers want.
    Not trying to be down on him at all, this isn't an insult in any way, and I'm always glad to see new faces on the forum.

But honestly, I'm pretty sure Hart is an ex-Lakers fan who has come over here as a result of the AD trade. He almost certainly hasn't watched as much Jrue as we have, he may not know exactly how valuable Jrue is on court, and he almost certainly doesn't have the same kind of attachment to him that we do.

He's definitely over-hyped to trade Jrue, but part of that comes down to the fact that he just doesn't really know what Jrue means to us, either as fans or his on-court impact.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    New faces are always welcome. Didn't mean to come off antagonistic. Just that giving them Jrue is a bridge too far when we might get Turner for way less.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    New faces are always welcome. Didn't mean to come off antagonistic. Just that giving them Jrue is a bridge too far when we might get Turner for way less.
    Nah, I don't think you were antagonistic.

But yeah, trading Jrue is a no-go unless Jrue asks for it. Otherwise, I think in a perfect world he retires a Pelican.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sadly, I don't think so.
    What would you be willing to give up for turner? Imo he’s the perfect piece next to Zion

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    What would you be willing to give up for turner? Imo he’s the perfect piece next to Zion
    #4, Moore, Ingram. Second rounders.

They wouldn't take that, I think, but that's what I'd offer. I'm not giving up

Jrue
    Zion
    Ball
    Future firsts of our own
    The Lakers haul

Especially when he needs paying in like a year.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Lauri Markkenen would be a good option too if Turner is a no-go. Though he'd just be the center sized version of Ryan Anderson. But a much better shooter.

Not trying to be down on him at all, this isn't an insult in any way, and I'm always glad to see new faces on the forum.

But honestly, I'm pretty sure Hart is an ex-Lakers fan who has come over here as a result of the AD trade. He almost certainly hasn't watched as much Jrue as we have, he may not know exactly how valuable Jrue is on court, and he almost certainly doesn't have the same kind of attachment to him that we do.

He's definitely over-hyped to trade Jrue, but part of that comes down to the fact that he just doesn't really know what Jrue means to us, either as fans or his on-court impact.
    Hes not being down, he's just giving his opinion. Im a big boy, so its going to take a HECK of a lot more than some forum talk to affect me negatively haha.

IM all for people being able to give their opinion! Thats what makes this fun!

You are correct. I am a massive ZO and Hart fan. I fell in love with the young Lakers team. Ive hated Lebron for the past 10 years (along with every other Laker fan). I was so upset when he came because I knew this would happen. I told myself early on if Lebron threw everyone off the team and tried to buy himself another championship that I would not stand by and watch.

I love the NBA. I hate what its turning into. All the super teams and players complaining whenever their situation isnt perfect.

Hart and Zo are the main reason Im here... Which is evident by the numerous signed balls, bb cards ect I have of them both haha.

I have nit spent a lot of time watching Holiday. So excuse my ignorance there. You guys are probably right about me under valuing him. Im going off of the info ive gathered in the past 2 days since the trade.

Nah, I don't think you were antagonistic.

But yeah, trading Jrue is a no-go unless Jrue asks for it. Otherwise, I think in a perfect world he retires a Pelican.
    If they wanted to do a full rebuild, I’d get that. With the Beal rumors going around though, it looks like we plan on being a tad more ambitious than that. We would lose assets and likely Jrue if we went that route. Is it really worth it? I don’t think the social media stuff is all for nothing either. I think Jrue is just as uncertain about his future as we are. I think everything depends on draft night and what comes of this whole blockbuster trade. Griffin will do what he thinks is in HIS best interest, not ours.

#4, Moore, Ingram. Second rounders.

They wouldn't take that, I think, but that's what I'd offer. I'm not giving up

Jrue
    Zion
    Ball
    Future firsts of our own
    The Lakers haul

Especially when he needs paying in like a year.
    That is way too much.

I love the NBA. I hate what its turning into. All the super teams and players complaining whenever their situation isnt perfect.

Hart and Zo are the main reason Im here... Which is evident by the numerous signed balls, bb cards ect I have of them both haha.

I have nit spent a lot of time watching Holiday. So excuse my ignorance there. You guys are probably right about me under valuing him. Im going off of the info ive gathered in the past 2 days since the trade.
    Jrue's kind of like the heart of this team, to be honest. He's been through a lot in his personal life since coming to New Orleans, and the franchise has been through a lot as well, and there's been a lot of mutual support here. Last season, when we made that playoff run and swept Portland, he was the motor behind a lot of that. This season, when AD demanded the trade, Jrue is the guy who basically became the face of the franchise, and along with Gentry, it was Jrue who faced the music and the media for a lot of it while AD skulked around in the back.

And Jrue's on court impact is absurd. One of the numbers I've loved using to show just how much he has meant to this team is his on-off statistic. When Jrue is on the court, the Pelicans are a net +14.5 better than when he's off the court. For comparison, that's about the same as Lillard, and is higher than Lebron, Harden, Giannis, and Kawhi all were last season (they all sit between +5 and +10). When he's on the court, the Pelicans are good. When he sits, we suck. It's that simple.

Combine those two things, the personal love and the incredibly high standard of play, and Jrue is a guy who I (and I think a lot of other Pels fans) want to be on our team until he retires, and to possibly end up with a jersey in the rafters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    That is way too much.
    What is, #4, Moore, and Ingram?

I guess that depends on how much you like Moore and Ingram.

Jrue's kind of like the heart of this team, to be honest. He's been through a lot in his personal life since coming to New Orleans, and the franchise has been through a lot as well, and there's been a lot of mutual support here. Last season, when we made that playoff run and swept Portland, he was the motor behind a lot of that. This season, when AD demanded the trade, Jrue is the guy who basically became the face of the franchise, and along with Gentry, it was Jrue who faced the music and the media for a lot of it while AD skulked around in the back.

And Jrue's on court impact is absurd. One of the numbers I've loved using to show just how much he has meant to this team is his on-off statistic. When Jrue is on the court, the Pelicans are a net +14.5 better than when he's off the court. For comparison, that's about the same as Lillard, and is higher than Lebron, Harden, Giannis, and Kawhi all were last season (they all sit between +5 and +10). When he's on the court, the Pelicans are good. When he sits, we suck. It's that simple.

Combine those two things, the personal love and the incredibly high standard of play, and Jrue is a guy who I (and I think a lot of other Pels fans) want to be on our team until he retires, and to possibly end up with a jersey in the rafters.
    Clearly, I don't understand the statistical or sentimental side of Holiday.

If this is the case.. then in Jrue we trust!!!

Cant wait to watch him next all next season. Already got my NBA pass $$$ set aside.

Also going to go to every game here at staples next season

Cant wait!

Basketball Guru
    #4 and moore for turner and #18....

moore can back up oladipo......pacers can draft hunter or raddish to play SF...

People are comparing Garland to Damian Lillard. The guy has that much potential and hype. We should be getting a pick back plus Turner for #4.

Like I said

Turner plus #18

For

#4 (Garland), Moore, and Hill

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Would much rather Turner, but it's more likely Sabonis, who I am a major fan of.

Either way, GIMME GIMME GIMME.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Would much rather Turner, but it's more likely Sabonis, who I am a major fan of.

The more i Look at their stats. Sabonis might actually be the better guy to grab of the two!!!

The more i Look at their stats. Sabonis might actually be the better guy to grab of the two!!!
    Sabonis is a better passer and arguably a better rebounder, but when you look at what this team needs (shooting shooting shooting shooting) he's worse. He shot a higher raw percentage, sure, but on basically no attempts per game, whereas Myles shot pretty much 39% on way more shots.

The best fit for a big man next to Zion is one who can defend, protect the rim on defense, and then stretch the floor to get out of the way on offense. Turner is the better fit, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

Both of those guys make more sense than Beal. I’d prefer Turner because of his ability to stretch the floor, but both would be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Both of those guys make more sense than Beal. I’d prefer Turner because of his ability to stretch the floor, but both would be acceptable.
    The potential of having either of these guys is exciting. It fills a BIG hole on the squad.

If we are able to get another shooter via FA we would be in good position to make the playoffs next season!

The potential of having either of these guys is exciting. It fills a BIG hole on the squad.

If we are able to get another shooter via FA we would be in good position to make the playoffs next season!
    We can sign Mirotic back to be our 3rd big again.

So I really like Niko, but he's going to cost at least double the money that Ilyasova will cost and we can even get an asset to take on Ilyasova. To me it's a no brainer who I'm choosing.

I've seen some talk about the Pacers trying to open up more cap space by doing Turner for #4 straight up, I think the Pels might have enough cap space to absorb $18mil.

I think Turner is a bargain at the price. We have a useful backup in Okafor (Turner only averaged 28mpg) and Turner is locked in for a while and has 4 years experience, stretches the floor and plays All-Defensive team level defense.

I think the Pacers rumor -should- have legs to it if it doesn't already because either Sabonis or Myles would be a great fit here.

Thread Information