Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Want 4th Pick (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So I really like Niko, but he's going to cost at least double the money that Ilyasova will cost and we can even get an asset to take on Ilyasova. To me it's a no brainer who I'm choosing.
    Mirotic is a legit 3rd big though who can play solid defense.. Ilyasova is an undersized stretch 4 who isn’t as versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    We can sign Mirotic back to be our 3rd big again.
    I dont know if hes the right move. But it definetly get interesting after we ad a big man,.

We don't need Mirotic back. Okafor/Diallo are the bench bigs IMO and play fine together. Starting C is the focal point

Mirotic is a legit 3rd big though who can play solid defense.. Ilyasova is an undersized stretch 4 who isn’t as versatile.
    I still think Brooke Lopez is the best FA we can go after this season! He can start as our C or come off the bench. He plys decent D and can really stretch the floor. If we were to get either of the Pacers big man and Lopez id be jumping off the walls!

Exactly what is the difference between a 3rd big and a stretch 4? They're both 6'10.

Exactly what is the difference between a 3rd big and a stretch 4? They're both 6'10.
    A stretch 4 can shoot threes and/or long range jumpers. Hence “stretch the floor”. Don’t feel
    bad. I had to figure it out when people kept calling Niko that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way we could get Turner for 4 IMO. He’s on a good contract at $18 million per season and a quality proven center that fits today’s NBA. I like Sabonis but he’s only got 1 year left on his deal, so we would have to sign both him & Ingram to new contracts next season if we wanted to keep him. I would rather draft someone at 4 than have to sign Sabonis next year. Don’t think I would make that trade if he had a longer contract. I don’t care for their pick at 18 either. I would maybe trade Jrue, Solo, & 4 for Oladipo & 18. I like that Oladipo only has two more years on his deal with no player option cause 2021 would be the year to possibly go after a big time free agent like a Dame Lillard after we become a possible in demand destination if Zion is the beast we all hope. The Pacers seem like a team that Jrue would join for some odd reason to me.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-18-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Mirotic is a much more physical player at 250 who could cover a 5. Ilayasova is not. There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I would maybe trade Jrue, Solo, & 4 for Oladipo & 18. I like that Oladipo only has two more years on his deal with no player option cause 2021 would be the year to possibly go after a big time free agent like a Dame Lillard after we become a possible in demand destination if Zion is the beast we all hope.
    That's a terrible trade proposal.

Jrue and Oladipo is a roughly lateral move, except Oladipo is coming off a serious injury (ruptured quad tendon).

And at the same time, why bother moving Solo?!?!?! Can we stop acting like shipping Solo off is a pre-requisite of a trade. It's really not a big deal.

So what you're saying is that you would maybe do a trade where we give away the two best assets (Jrue and #4) in exchange for some worse assets (Injured Oladipo and #18) for the price of getting off Solo's contract which is an expiring anyway?

Come on.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    A stretch 4 can shoot threes and/or long range jumpers. Hence “stretch the floor”. Don’t feel
    bad. I had to figure it out when people kept calling Niko that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes but he's acting like there's a difference between a stretch 4 and a 3rd big. Both are bigs. Lol. A stretch 4 is literally a 3rd big.

Mirotic is a much more physical player at 250 who could cover a 5. Ilayasova is not. There you go.
    And that's worth double the money for someone who is still just a 3rd big?

To be clear Ilyasova split time between both positions too. 21% of the time at center vs 24% of the time there for Niko. So I mean....
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-18-2019 at 08:02 PM.

I would do pick 4 for turner immediately, no hesitation

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I would do pick 4 for turner immediately, no hesitation
    1,000,000,000,000%

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    #4, Moore, Ingram. Second rounders.

They wouldn't take that, I think, but that's what I'd offer. I'm not giving up

Jrue
    Zion
    Ball
    Future firsts of our own
    The Lakers haul

Especially when he needs paying in like a year.
    I’ll be completely honest with you bro . You bash literally every trade proposal on this forum but you come up with literally the worst ideas out of everyone and it’s kinds annoying lmfao .... that’s a shocking trade if I’ve ever seen one . Literally trading Anthony Davis for turner and ball and a few firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by bdnp1 View Post
    I’ll be completely honest with you bro . You bash literally every trade proposal on this forum but you come up with literally the worst ideas out of everyone and it’s kinds annoying lmfao .... that’s a shocking trade if I’ve ever seen one . Literally trading Anthony Davis for turner and ball and a few firsts.
    ...What? Ingram and #4 is ''literally Anthony Davis'' now?

I was literally saying I would NOT, repeat, underline, bolded, NOT trade Ball, or the Lakers haul, or the future firsts of our own. It's literally just Ingram, who hasn't been very good so far in his career, #4, and a mediocre roleplayer. The only thing in that trade of serious value is #4, and if you think #4 for Turner is unfair, then you don't know Turner's value.

I'll be completely honest with you bro. It's absolutely fine if you disagree with my trade proposal, like I said, I don't think it would actually acquire the player anyway, but you should probably take the time to actually read the proposal first before getting on your high horse. Might help you avoid falling flat on your face.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-18-2019 at 09:12 PM.

If we trade the #4 overall pick for Myles Turner the only way it would be an even trade is if they gave up a future 1st rounder to go with Turner or if they took Solomon Hill of our books. Myles Turner isn’t worth a top 5 pick in the NBA draft, although I do like him as a player. If Turner is the best we can do we might as well just sign somebody like Kanter and draft a player at 4.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Best case scenario is #4 for Turner and their pick. Worst case scenario is we have to send something extra their way. Hopefully we acquire Turner and their pick and land Bol. It would be the most perfect draft ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Best case scenario is #4 for Turner and their pick. Worst case scenario is we have to send something extra their way. Hopefully we acquire Turner and their pick and land Bol. It would be the most perfect draft ever.
    Bol train.

Bol train.
    3 Bol. That’s his nickname

3 Bol city

People are comparing Garland to Damian Lillard. The guy has that much potential and hype. We should be getting a pick back plus Turner for #4.

Like I said

Turner plus #18

For

#4 (Garland), Moore, and Hill
    I like the way you think. I couldn’t agree more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    3 Bol. That’s his nickname
    Bol Bol, shoots the basketbol with deadly accuracy. N-Bol-A all-star in the making. Future NBA Blocks Leader, Bol Bol.

Bol Bol, shoots the basketbol with deadly accuracy. N-Bol-A all-star in the making. Future NBA Blocks Leader, Bol Bol.
    Yes yes yes
    If it doesn’t happen now I will be upset. Hell, we are going to acquire the pick and pass on him.

That's a terrible trade proposal.

Jrue and Oladipo is a roughly lateral move, except Oladipo is coming off a serious injury (ruptured quad tendon).

And at the same time, why bother moving Solo?!?!?! Can we stop acting like shipping Solo off is a pre-requisite of a trade. It's really not a big deal.

So what you're saying is that you would maybe do a trade where we give away the two best assets (Jrue and #4) in exchange for some worse assets (Injured Oladipo and #18) for the price of getting off Solo's contract which is an expiring anyway?

Come on.
    I like Oladipo cause he’s only due $50 million and I could possibly want to resign him in 2 years if he looks good when he comes back since he will only be 29 years old. Jrue is due possibly $79 million if he takes his player option which could happen if he has a serious injury or his play falls off. I doubt I will want to resign Jrue after his contract is up, so I would like to get something for him. I may not want to resign Oladipo either, but I also might. We would not get Oladipo for Jrue if he was healthy IMO. He’s running on it now, so they probably wouldn’t do the trade anyway. Now if his rehab wasn’t going well and it didn't look like he will play at all next year than I wouldn’t make the deal. I would like to move Jrue now, but would like to get something more than picks like a 2 time All Star still in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I like Oladipo cause he’s only due $50 million and I could possibly want to resign him in 2 years if he looks good when he comes back since he will only be 29 years old. Jrue is due possibly $79 million if he takes his player option which could happen if he has a serious injury or his play falls off. I doubt I will want to resign Jrue after his contract is up, so I would like to get something for him. I may not want to resign Oladipo either, but I also might. We would not get Oladipo for Jrue if he was healthy IMO. He’s running on it now, so they probably wouldn’t do the trade anyway. Now if his rehab wasn’t going well and it didn't look like he will play at all next year than I wouldn’t make the deal. I would like to move Jrue now, but would like to get something more than picks like a 2 time All Star still in his prime.
    Jrue, opting in to his contract, will be on the team for another 3 seasons. You don't trade someone with THREE YEARS left on their contract because ''you would like to get something for him'' if he walks. That's absurd. You do that, if you do it at all, when he's opted into his third year and you know whether or not you're going to resign him.

Jrue is just as good as Oladipo, and like I said, healthy. Oladipo just had a ruptured quad tendon. That is a serious, serious injury. Which would you rather have on your books: $79m for three years of a healthy player producing at an all-star level, or $50 for 2 years of a player who is ruined by injury? There's no guarantee Oladipo will be ruined, he might be fine, but that's an absurd risk to take based on the premise that we might not want to resign Jrue in 3 years.

What next, Zion gonna sign his rookie deal and then next season we get you saying ''oh you know, he's only on a deal for another three years and he might wanna walk after that so we should probably trade him now'' or something?

Especially when you're saying ''I may not want to sign Oladipo either''. So it's like what, trade away a franchise centrepiece whose impact on the court is massive and who is locked up for several seasons in order to take a risk on a heavily injured guy, on a shorter contract for roughly the same cash per year, who you might not even want to keep anyway. Awful, awful, awful proposal.

''I would like to move Jrue now'' why?

Thread Information