Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Want 4th Pick (?)

Rumor Pacers Want 4th Pick (?)

"The Pacers have also discussed a trade with the Pelicans for the no. 4 pick in the draft, according to league sources. New Orleans received the pick from the Lakers in the Anthony Davis blockbuster, and I’m told the team is open to either pick-based or player-based trade packages in return for the selection. It has been reported previously by ESPN’s Jonathan Givony that the Bulls, Hawks, Celtics, and Timberwolves have all shown interest in acquiring the fourth pick from the Pelicans." -The Ringer

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/5...-trades-rumors

Couldn't this have just been posted in the thread already going RE: #4 pick?

Myles Turner

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Couldn't this have just been posted in the thread already going RE: #4 pick?
    lol...no

It would get lost in the shuffle based on the headline. You could always just ignore it and not read it. HA ha ha

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    What are some realistic trade packages for Miles Turner or Domantas Sabonis? What would you give up for each and how important are these acquisitions in your opinion regarding fit/long-term?

Turner is a pipe dream. This has Sabonis written all over it and I like it a lot.

Sabonis/Okafor
    Zion/Diallo
    Ingram/K Will
    Jrue/Hart
    Lonzo/Franky

Off season complete.

Yeah I would be fine with Sabonis as well. Funny seeing Sabonis with Okafor. Both faced each other in the Elite 8 in Houston. I was at that game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    What would be the likely compensation? #4 for Sabonis straight up, or do you think there would be more to it?

Sabonis more likely. However, i dont make the move unless its Turner. You want the 4th pacers you give us Turner.

If not.. pound sand.

How about the 4th and our second round pick?

OR.. and I'm probably going to get a ton of crap for this... We put holiday in the mix for Turner?

Turner is the PERFECT center next to Zion, stretches the floor from 3 pt range and amazing defender.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Turner is the PERFECT center next to Zion, stretches the floor from 3 pt range and amazing defender.
    Holiday and the 4th.

For Turner and the Pacers pick.

LETSSSS GOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Holiday and the 4th.

LETSSSS GOOOOO!!!
    Are you joking?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Are you joking?
    Sadly, I don't think so.
    Basketball.

The deal should be

Turner/Sabonis and #18

For

Hill, Moore, and #4 (Garland)

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Are you joking?
    Im not!

Im basing this off the rumor the Holiday wants to leave (totally speculative) but Turner is quite possibly the pest C in the NBA for our team makeup going forward.

He is young, athletic, can spread the floor, and plays amazing D.

Holiday is getting up there in age and might want to be moved.

Lets assume that he does.... Turner form his position and Holiday from his position is a like for like. Your going to need to give up the 4th to make this happen. Maybe there are more players in this trade to make it happen.

Id definitely try to work out a deal for this if i were the GM..... thankfully im not.

Why can’t the Pels just take Garland? Anyone drafted will be on second unit anyways. Why not lead it with strong guard play?

Both Turner and Sabonis numbers are not good enough to be near an even trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Both Turner and Sabonis numbers are not good enough to be near an even trade.
    We dont need turner to be a big numbers guy. We need him to play D against other big men and Zion come for the doubble team.

Turner also spread the floor for Zion so we can dish it to him low.

We dont need turner to be a big numbers guy. We need him to play D against other big men and Zion come for the doubble team.

Turner also spread the floor for Zion so we can dish it to him low.
    He averages 7 rebounds a game.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Holiday and the 4th.

LETSSSS GOOOOO!!!
    There is no reason for you to be this hyped about trading Jrue, bruh. Hell. Trading Jrue should be a separate move to net us more assets all on it's own. We may be able to get Myles Turner with just the 4th and whatever other filler the Pacers want.

Im not!

Im basing this off the rumor the Holiday wants to leave (totally speculative) but Turner is quite possibly the pest C in the NBA for our team makeup going forward.

He is young, athletic, can spread the floor, and plays amazing D.

Holiday is getting up there in age and might want to be moved.

Lets assume that he does.... Turner form his position and Holiday from his position is a like for like. Your going to need to give up the 4th to make this happen. Maybe there are more players in this trade to make it happen.

Id definitely try to work out a deal for this if i were the GM..... thankfully im not.
    Where is that rumor from?

There are far better centers in the league we can get for way better trading/pricing. HARD PASS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    There is no reason for you to be this hyped about trading Jrue, bruh. Hell. Trading Jrue should be a separate move to net us more assets all on it's own. We may be able to get Myles Turner with just the 4th and whatever other filler the Pacers want.
    You might be right. I hope your right.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    The deal should be

Turner/Sabonis and #18

For

Hill, Moore, and #4 (Garland)
    That makes much more sense.

Thread Information