Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Pacers Want 4th Pick (?)

Yes that ruptured quad tendon is super serious injury. I actually tore my quad tendon...well 3 of the 4 and i can tell you it will reduce mobility and strength. You can get about 90% of the mobility but he will never be the same.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I will be in the minority, but I do not think trading #4 for Turner is a good idea. I would rather draft at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I will be in the minority, but I do not think trading #4 for Turner is a good idea. I would rather draft at 4.
    Why? Based on our team needs, his age, his success thus far, do you not think he fits what this team is building?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why? Based on our team needs, his age, his success thus far, do you not think he fits what this team is building?
    Although he made 1 3pter per game last season (career averages 0.6), I don't consider him a 3pt threat even though he has a decent percentage. For the most part, he occupies the same space as Zion. I think the upside of whoever we draft at 4 will be greater - garland, hunter, or if the improbably slides of Ja or RJ. This is also me assuming the trade would be 4 for Turner straight up.

Although he made 1 3pter per game last season (career averages 0.6), I don't consider him a 3pt threat even though he has a decent percentage. For the most part, he occupies the same space as Zion. I think the upside of whoever we draft at 4 will be greater - garland, hunter, or if the improbably slides of Ja or RJ. This is also me assuming the trade would be 4 for Turner straight up.
    I don' t think he occupies the same space as Zion, but I understand your rationale. I would certainly not commit to a deal until I knew what was available at 4. If Ja or RJ fall, I think you have to take them. If it is Garland, I think Turner and 18 for Hill and 4 would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I don' t think he occupies the same space as Zion, but I understand your rationale. I would certainly not commit to a deal until I knew what was available at 4. If Ja or RJ fall, I think you have to take them. If it is Garland, I think Turner and 18 for Hill and 4 would be fair.
    See to me that isn't even fair LOL. 18 means nothing to me and I don't want to use 4 just to get rid of Hill, he's an expiring, I don't feel the need to trade him as badly as in years past.

See to me that isn't even fair LOL. 18 means nothing to me and I don't want to use 4 just to get rid of Hill, he's an expiring, I don't feel the need to trade him as badly as in years past.
    I think what he is more saying is Turner for #4...Hill and #18 are just casualties of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I think what he is more saying is Turner for #4...Hill and #18 are just casualties of war.
    Exactly. Turner is not some throw in. My guess is Indiana would not even consider giving him up for the #4, but that is the speculation we are discussing.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Very interesting read on the topic: https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/6...-okogie-wolves

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Very interesting read on the topic: https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/6...-okogie-wolves
    Other than maybe the Suns trade, I do not like any of those deals. The writer seems to be set on giving up Ingram regardless.

I was skeptical on Turner at first but the last day or two i checked into him and he would be a pretty good fit. 23 Yrs old, 6'11' 250lb Center, 2018-2019 Blk Champ, 77% FT, 36% 3PT, 49% FG, 13 PPG, 2.7 Blocks per game last season with a 2.1 block career average. Signed rookie scale extension Monday, October 15, 2018. 18m per year for next 4 years. Trading Hill basically evens the money factor.
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 06-19-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I was skeptical on Turner at first but the last day or two i checked into him and he would be a pretty good fit. 23 Yrs old, 6'11' 250 Center, 2018-2019 Blk Champ, 77% FT, 36% 3PT, 49% FG, 13 PPG, 2.7 Blocks per game last season with a 2.1 block career average. Signed rookie scale extension Monday, October 15, 2018. 18m per year for next 4 years. Trading Hill basically evens the money factor.
    Why would Pacer take that tho...

Yeah, Turner's good. He's not going to be some 20/10 machine all-star for you, but we don't need him to be. We have guys who can give you 15, 20 points a night, or at least have the potential to in Jrue, Zion, and maybe even Ingram one day. You don't need four, five guys averaging 20.

The best possible big to go alongside Zion is a big who can stretch the floor, protect the rim, switch, protect in space, and do a little rim running. Turner can do all of that.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why would Pacer take that tho...
    They probably won't unless they are very desperate. The talk has been that they do not see Sabonis and Turner co-existing long-term so one may be traded soon.

Yea with Sabonis filling that center position already i can see them going for the #4 to grab a needed starter elsewhere to sure up the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Those are terrible trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Those are terrible trades.
    I wasn't gonna say it. Somebody was having too much fun with Jim Bean and the trade machine.

Thread Information