Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pels trying to get Beal with the #4 (Per Shams)

Looks like they are trying to keep Beal... T'was all smoke.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bradley-bea...045052201.html
    BLESS

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Did I say he was upset with it? Let's go with what the ACTUAL PERSON SAID. Within the last month, he said he was excited to play with Zion. He ALSO said 90% of the reason he resigned here was because of AD. Now if he had said 50%, I wouldn't consider it an issue but 90%? That's basically saying if AD had told him beforehand that he was going to ask to be traded, Jrue would not have re-signed with us. Which means, this isn't his preferred place to live. That's not enough to make you at least concerned?
    He made those comments 2 years ago when he signed his contract with a totally different front office and even a different owner.... 1 month ago he called the current GM said he was excited to play with Zion.

Should we believe AD from 2 years ago when he said he wanted to stay here or should we believe AD from 1 month ago?
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-19-2019 at 06:15 AM.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar

Grain o salt

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post

Grain o salt
    Get er done Griff!

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Get er done Griff!
    If we get Beal, I see it as a result of what we acquire for Holiday in addition to the 4th pick. If we hold on to Jrue, I can’t see a deal being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post

Grain o salt
    Well. There are only two trades that I've herd about so far leading up to the draft.

One is for Beal. The other with Pacers for one of their big man.

The 4th wont be enough for Beal imo. So im assuming they will want a guard back in return,

What makes sense to me is this.

Washington - 4th, Ingram

Pelicans - Beal

Washington then takes Garland with the 4th. They have Ingram and Garland in their starting 5 next season.

Pelicans now have Holiday, Beal, Ball, Zion, FA Big man. Hopefully we are then able to make another trade or grab a big man in FA.

With this scenario we are a SERIOUS CONTENDER in the league next year!

Make this happen boys!!!
    Last edited by HartOfaPelican; 06-19-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Well. There are only two trades that I've herd about so far leading up to the draft.

One is for Beal. The other with Pacers for one of their big man.

The 4th wont be enough for Beal imo. So im assuming they will want a guard back in return,

What makes sense to me is this.

Washington - 4th, Ingram

Pelicans - Beal

Washington then takes Garland with the 4th. They have Ingram and Garland in their starting 5 next season.

Pelicans now have Holiday, Beal, Ball, Zion, FA Big man. Hopefully we are then able to make another trade or grab a big man in FA.

With this scenario we are a SERIOUS CONTENDER in the league next year!

Make this happen boys!!!
    If that happens, we need to go hard after Vucevic or Horford.

Last ditch effort to sway him to stay long-term before a trade to the Pels?

The extension offer came out either last night or the night before. It's been known. Woj said it on TV, can't remember what show.

There's no real new news here. Seems weird they would just respin all the same stuff 48 hours later.
    Basketball.

How does Beal fit on this team? Start Jrue at PG and Beal at SG and then Lonzo backs up the Point and Jrue can shift over?

If we trade Ingram, who plays SF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    Last ditch effort to sway him to stay long-term before a trade to the Pels?

Yeah that was reported a couple of days ago about the extension. If Beal doesn’t agree to sign i’m sure this trade gets done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trade

Beal and Dwight Howard

For

Ingram, #4 (Garland), Hill, and Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The extension offer came out either last night or the night before. It's been known. Woj said it on TV, can't remember what show.

There's no real new news here. Seems weird they would just respin all the same stuff 48 hours later.
    Ah I see....the article is dated for today but probably was updated today and not new.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    If that happens, we need to go hard after Vucevic or Horford.
    Agreed 100%

I think you go hard after Vucevuc.

Yeah fake news. @chrisrobertsnba Twitter account has 66 followers

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    Ah I see....the article is dated for today but probably was updated today and not new.
    It could be new, maybe they just didn't put an article up straight away. Not sure

If we trade Ingram, who plays SF?

PG Ball/Payton/Jackson
    SG Beal/Hart
    SF Holiday (he can guard SF.) KD called him one of the best defenders in the league./Williams
    PF Zion/Mirotic
    C Howard/Okafor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Trade

Beal and Dwight Howard

For

Ingram, #4 (Garland), Hill, and Moore.
    I mean.... Heck yeah let's get it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The one thing lost in all this is...what if Beal flat out goes up to whatever Wizards' brass is out there and says "Trade me to the Pels, please. I'm not signing a contract here."

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The one thing lost in all this is...what if Beal flat out goes up to whatever Wizards' brass is out there and says "Trade me to the Pels, please. I'm not signing a contract here."
    Anything is possible Especially these days!

Quote Originally Posted by djbless77 View Post
    Looks like they are trying to keep Beal... T'was all smoke.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bradley-bea...045052201.html
    Or maybe this is just the Wiz trying to up the price

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    If we get Beal, I see it as a result of what we acquire for Holiday in addition to the 4th pick. If we hold on to Jrue, I can’t see a deal being made.
    No go if Jrue has to be included.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    No go if Jrue has to be included.
    Agree. Jrue to Beal is a relatively lateral move.

Beal's a better shooter, Jrue's a better defender and passer. Both are 20ppg guards who can run an offense.

In terms of immediate impact, if you have to trade Jrue to get Beal, you might as well just keep Jrue.

I think the Pels should keep Ingram. I keep seeing his name brought up in trades but I believe any effort to land a veteran in return for the #4 pick should not include Holiday (unless it is for Tatum/Beal), Ingram (unless it is for Tatum), or Ball (unless it is to land Morant).

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    I think the Pels should keep Ingram. I keep seeing his name brought up in trades but I believe any effort to land a veteran in return for the #4 pick should not include Holiday (unless it is for Tatum/Beal), Ingram (unless it is for Tatum), or Ball (unless it is to land Morant).
    Serious question: if you're not willing to trade Jrue (which I agree with, no trading there), Ingram, or Ball, who are you willing to trade? Solo and Moore? Is that it?

Thread Information