Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pels trying to get Beal with the #4 (Per Shams)

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Capela doesn't fit with this team. We need to make a move for a guy like Lauri or sign someone like Brook Lopez.
    100% behind getting Lauri however reports seem to indicate Chicago is not interested in trading him. I think he would really be a good fit if we could get him here.

This whole thing with Jrue. Before the lottery everyone was talking about Jrue as the new face of the franchise. But then we won the lottery and got Zion. Its obvious that ultimately Zion will become the face of the franchise, not Jrue. So, did Jrue go to the FO and say he'd like to be moved elsewhere once we got Zion? Don't know, just putting it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    This whole thing with Jrue. Before the lottery everyone was talking about Jrue as the new face of the franchise. But then we won the lottery and got Zion. Its obvious that ultimately Zion will become the face of the franchise, not Jrue. So, did Jrue go to the FO and say he'd like to be moved elsewhere once we got Zion? Don't know, just putting it out there.
    No. It was reported that after we won the lottery Jrue contacted Griff to tell him he's EXCITED to play with Zion.

Not even because of Zion. Whose to say he just doesn’t want a fresh start somewhere else? He has been pretty quiet during this whole ordeal with the exception of admitting that he agreed to re-sign to play with AD. Maybe his family wants to move? So many factors and he has not come out and said he was “ all in” to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Not even because of Zion. Whose to say he just doesn’t want a fresh start somewhere else? He has been pretty quiet during this whole ordeal with the exception of admitting that he agreed to re-sign to play with AD. Maybe his family wants to move? So many factors and he has not come out and said he was “ all in” to my knowledge.

No. He called Griff to say he was excited to play with Zion. He wants to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Anyone agreeing to ship Jrue to anywhere but a contender.

*Breaks glass*

We got a problem... If Anthony can be a scumbag about the whole trade situation and get exactly what he wanted. Jrue deserved all that and more. He's excellent player, human being, and leader.

You asking for bad karma.

Trading a 29 year prime Jrue to a garbage team is a scumbag move. It's like if John Wick adopted airbud and you killed him.
    They would just flip him for more assets probably to a contender

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Reading that Pelicans are trying to trade up to 2 to select Barrett. Maybe Ingram and number 4 could get it done?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No. He called Griff to say he was excited to play with Zion. He wants to be here.
    Yes he said that. A MONTH AGO. Maybe after more thought he and his family decided they didn't want to go through a rebuild again. The removal of all the Pelicans stuff from his social media is pretty telling and that just happened in the last few days.

Basketball Guru

i also think people are forgetting that jrue said 90% of his reason to sign back with us was because of AD.....90% reason was AD.....people have to listen when these players talk........

adding a player like beal is good but the whole lineup would be weird....lonzo,,beal,,jrue,,zion,,ingram....the beal thing makes you think jrue want to be traded to play for a contender and jrue deserves that....

we pick up gentry option so you have to give him the groceries he need to cook....he fought for ball to run his system so how can you trade ball without replacing him with the same type of PG.....you cant put jrue at the 1 when the coach has said jrue is better off ball....jrue his self has said he is better at off ball because he dont have to make decision to get the ball to people and just can play ball..we had cousins and rondo for that when he said that and jrue has been playing better ball since the move and thats a fact.....again people need to listen to the coach and player when they know whats best for their success......t

then we will have people wanting to fire gentry when the season dont go right but you dont give him the players he wanted.......ball,,beal,,ingram,,zion,,seem like the core gentry need to run with thats if jrue did ask to be traded....

i dont know whats going on but i was looking forward to see how good jrue and lonzo can be playing perimeter defense....i hope i get to see that for a season or half a season....
    Last edited by 6warddude; 06-18-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Pels trying to get Beal with the #4 (Per Shams)

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Reading that Pelicans are trying to trade up to 2 to select Barrett. Maybe Ingram and number 4 could get it done?
    I’m sorry but you guys suggesting trading Ingram and 4 to move up two spots is ridiculous . I would bet money that Ingram will be our best player next year . Well maybe not money but I’m pretty confident he’s being very undervalued by some fans

Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 06-18-2019 at 08:27 AM.

People act like Griffin made this deal solely because Gentry liked the players we acquired in return. Griffin simply took the best offer out there. And if he thinks he can move parts to get Beal to help this team, then he will.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I’m sorry but you guys suggesting trading Ingram and 4 to move up two spots is ridiculous . Smh

I would make that trade.

Yes he said that. A MONTH AGO. Maybe after more thought he and his family decided they didn't want to go through a rebuild again. The removal of all the Pelicans stuff from his social media is pretty telling and that just happened in the last few days.
    Yes your right. We shouldn't believe what the ACTUAL PERSON SAID within the last month... Instead we should just base everything off of wild speculation.

Maybe Jrue does get traded, and maybe that's why he removed his Pelicans stuff from social media. That does not mean he WANTED to be traded which is my point. Last reports from Jrue, since we won the draft was he was excited to play with Zion not upset about it like some are trying to say.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I would make that trade.
    So you would rather RJ than Ingram+Garland or Hunter? I'm high on RJ but idk.

Absolutely not! If they do this I’ll be pissed! I’m not high in RJ at all. I think Ingram has more upside. Ingram is a better player than most people think. Especially on defense. If your going to ship Ingram it has to be for Beal our Luri.

Yeah because I'm not really high on Ingram or Garland. I think Barrett has much more upside than both and Hunter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Absolutely not! If they do this I’ll be pissed! I’m not high in RJ at all. I think Ingram has more upside. Ingram is a better player than most people think. Especially on defense. If your going to ship Ingram it has to be for Beal our Luri.
    You're overrating BI. He hasn't been that good and he's a FA after the season.

Ingram is the best SF we've had in like a decade... and yet I'm still not that hot on em ��. Barrett>BI without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I’m sorry but you guys suggesting trading Ingram and 4 to move up two spots is ridiculous . I would bet money that Ingram will be our best player next year . Well maybe not money but I’m pretty confident he’s being very undervalued by some fans

Dallas moved up a couple picks to get Luca for a swap and the next year's 1. We should be able to do the same unless Memphis is greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    You're overrating BI. He hasn't been that good and he's a FA after the season.
    I disagree. I’m taking him appropriately. You are too high on RJ in my opinion. When Zion went down at Duke RJ did not step up like he should have. RJ also takes a LOT of bad shots!! Ingram and the 4th is 10x better than getting RJ!!!

Heck, I’m good with trading Ingram if it means bringing in Beal or Lauri. However, for RJ.... absolutely not it makes
    Zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes your right. We shouldn't believe what the ACTUAL PERSON SAID within the last month... Instead we should just base everything off of wild speculation.

Maybe Jrue does get traded, and maybe that's why he removed his Pelicans stuff from social media. That does not mean he WANTED to be traded which is my point. Last reports from Jrue, since we won the draft was he was excited to play with Zion not upset about it like some are trying to say.
    Did I say he was upset with it? Let's go with what the ACTUAL PERSON SAID. Within the last month, he said he was excited to play with Zion. He ALSO said 90% of the reason he resigned here was because of AD. Now if he had said 50%, I wouldn't consider it an issue but 90%? That's basically saying if AD had told him beforehand that he was going to ask to be traded, Jrue would not have re-signed with us. Which means, this isn't his preferred place to live. That's not enough to make you at least concerned?

Did I say he was upset with it? Let's go with what the ACTUAL PERSON SAID. Within the last month, he said he was excited to play with Zion. He ALSO said 90% of the reason he resigned here was because of AD. Now if he had said 50%, I wouldn't consider it an issue but 90%? That's basically saying if AD had told him beforehand that he was going to ask to be traded, Jrue would not have re-signed with us. Which means, this isn't his preferred place to live. That's not enough to make you at least concerned?
    It is for me!! I think anything can happen Thursday regarding Ball, Hill, Holiday, Ingram, and the 4th. I don’t think any of those are untouchable at this point.

I’m not overly concerned about holiday being on this team or not. Does it hurt to lose him... of corse! However, he’s getting up there in age so if managements plan is a bit more long term then I can seem them trading him. If they think we can contend in the next 2-3 years then keep him.

This is assuming that he wants to stay. If he wants to leave I say let him go now. That way we can move forward now and we’re not in limbo with him. I wouldn’t hate on him if he’s asking to leave. He probably wants to try and win now before he gets much older. Should be a win win for everyone assuming the Pelicans make the right trade.

Would *love* to get beal. A package centered around the #4, plus whichever they prefer of Lonzo/Ingram, and then something else small would hopefully be enough.

I think another poster hit it on the head when they said just because we acquired Lonzo and Ingram doesn't mean we loved them. There just wasn't better offers out there and with other things that went down(KDs injury, Irving about to leave) the other teams who were rumored to be in the mix dropped out or couldn't give as strong an offer as it looked like they might....so we were forced to deal with the lakers.

Hell I honestly wouldn't mind throwing both Ingram and Lonzo in with the #4. because beal is signed for two more years. If we do that, then you could think of it like AD for Beal + 2 firsts + 2 pick swaps. And that's not bad at all....

The one downside to the Lakers deal is that there wasn't some piece of clear quality that we got coming back. It was more of a pu-pu platter of sorts with each thing we got having lots of 'buts' attached. But Lonzo can't shoot, But AD will likely still be on the team for all those picks and pick swaps making it less likely they are that good, But Ingram has to be extended soon and has the health concerns and isn't a great shooter himself, But the #4 pick in this draft doesn't project to be special........

if we could flip some of those buts to make it a platter/buffer instead of a select cut of steak by converting it to that select cut of steak in Beal, I'd be all for it.

Because Beal is good, and if we got something back in the AD trade as good as beal, then we are instantly getting more on the dollar back.

Beal is an all star quality player who is 25. Acquiring him is a move for the now and for the future. He's far more likely to be on the team 3-4 years from now than Ball or Lonzo is....

As good (almost great) as Bradley Beale is, he does not address the Pels biggest need....LENGTH (as currently constructed). At present, the guard rotation will look something like this..........

PG: Ball, Jackson
    SG: Holiday, Hart

F/G: Ingram, Moore, Kenrich, Johnson

There are only so many guard minutes (96) per game. This does not bode well for Payton.

Also: I haven't seen anyone in the forum give Frank Jackson much love, so I'll say it....when given the chance, Jackson has proven himself Big Time. I'm not on Airline Boulevard everyday, but it seems that nobody will outwork him. I think he has a tremendous upside.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Dallas moved up a couple picks to get Luca for a swap and the next year's 1. We should be able to do the same unless Memphis is greedy.
    Ingram alone doesn't get you from 4 to 2 in what is described as a 2 person draft. He would if it was a 1 person draft and there was perceived as less separation from 2 to 4. Or he could maybe get you from 4 to 3 if the team at 3 didn't love RJ.....But Memphis isn't coming off 2 for just Brandom Ingram.

What everyone needs to realize about Ingram and Lonzo is that they don't have a ton of value to most other teams. That's why we are mostly so ok with trading them. You think all our fans are sorta lukewarm on these 2 and can see all their flaws but GMS of other teams are clamoring to get them and give up a lot?

if we actually like Ingram and/or Ball a good bit then we should keep them, since if we like them their value is going to be more to us than other teams. it isn't that high with other teams

Thread Information