Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels trying to get Beal with the #4 (Per Shams)

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    No, let Jrue and Beal split running the offense. They could make it work.
    This is the exact player Jrue needs next to him and I have been saying it for a couple years. Jrue needs someone like Beal who can help take pressure of being able to create for others. We also now have Ingram who himself can play point forward at times taking even more pressure off Jrue having to create. Then you throw in Zion and Jrue now has 3 players who can all create for themselves while having their own unique ability to create for others. In the past Jrue has never played with anybody who could create for themselves or others and now he will potentially have 3!? AD is the only player and he is someone who needs a lot of his game created for as someone like Zion won’t. We need a guard like Beal next to Jrue who can flat out score the ball wether he is off ball or creating for himself.. Throw in some ability to play combo guard and you have a perfect compliment to Jrues game. Jrue is a PG and an all star one at that. Jrue compliments the play of any guard in the NBA which is why he looked good with Rondo as well anyone else he has been next to. Give me a SG like Beal/Booker over a PG like Wall/Russ/Conley/Kyrie next to Jrue any day. People forget how talented of a PG he is. Jrue has never had help in the backcourt since he played with Iggy in Philly where he thrived. IMO one of the best compliments in the NBA you could put next to Jrue is Beal and we have the chance to do that. Jrue is a great PG who simply needs a running mate so he can play his game and not try to be a CP3 type of PG.

This deal is going to be for the #4 pick and Lonzo along with possibly some additional picks. No way are we trading Ingram and don’t know why some are even bringing Jrue up in the deal. I hope we hold on to Josh Hart who I like a lot. Jrue/Beal with Frank/Hart off the bench would be awesome!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-17-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This is the exact player Jrue needs next to him and I have been saying it for a couple years. Jrue needs someone like Beal who can help take pressure of being able to create for others. We also now have Ingram who himself can play point forward at times taking even more pressure off Jrue having to create. Then you throw in Zion and Jrue now has 3 players who can all create for themselves while having their own unique ability to create for others. In the past Jrue has never played with anybody who could create for themselves and others now he will potentially have 3!? AD is the only player and he is someone who needs a lot of his game created for as someone like Zion won’t. We need a guard like Beal next to Jrue who can flat out score the ball wether he is off ball or creating for himself along with some ability to be a combo guard. Jrue is a PG and an all star one at that. Jrue compliments the play of any guard in the NBA which is why he looked good with Rondo as well. Give me a SG like Beal/Booker over a PG like Wall/Russ/Conley/Kyrie next to Jrue. People forget how talented of a PG he is. Jrue has never had help in the backcourt since he played with Iggy in Philly where he thrived. IMO one of the best compliments in the NBA you could put next to Jrue is Beal and we have the chance to do that. Jrue is a great PG who simply needs a running mate so he can play his game and not try to be a CP3 type of PG.

This deal is going to be for the #4 pick and Lonzo along with possibly some additional picks. No way are we trading Ingram and don’t know why some are even bringing Jrue up in the deal. We I hope we hold on to Josh Hart who I like a lot. Jrue/Beal with Frank/Hart off the bench would be awesome!
    feels like a nonsensical Dell Demps rookie AD move that barely moves the needle. What are trying to do? Build a championship team in 4 years or race for a Participation Award with the 8th seed.

This is the exact player Jrue needs next to him and I have been saying it for a couple years. Jrue needs someone like Beal who can help take pressure of being able to create for others. We also now have Ingram who himself can play point forward at times taking even more pressure off Jrue having to create. Then you throw in Zion and Jrue now has 3 players who can all create for themselves while having their own unique ability to create for others. In the past Jrue has never played with anybody who could create for themselves or others and now he will potentially have 3!? AD is the only player and he is someone who needs a lot of his game created for as someone like Zion won’t. We need a guard like Beal next to Jrue who can flat out score the ball wether he is off ball or creating for himself along with some ability to be a combo guard. Jrue is a PG and an all star one at that. Jrue compliments the play of any guard in the NBA which is why he looked good with Rondo as well. Give me a SG like Beal/Booker over a PG like Wall/Russ/Conley/Kyrie next to Jrue. People forget how talented of a PG he is. Jrue has never had help in the backcourt since he played with Iggy in Philly where he thrived. IMO one of the best compliments in the NBA you could put next to Jrue is Beal and we have the chance to do that. Jrue is a great PG who simply needs a running mate so he can play his game and not try to be a CP3 type of PG.

This deal is going to be for the #4 pick and Lonzo along with possibly some additional picks. No way are we trading Ingram and don’t know why some are even bringing Jrue up in the deal. We I hope we hold on to Josh Hart who I like a lot. Jrue/Beal with Frank/Hart off the bench would be awesome!
    Just don’t see Ball getting moved I don’t think Ingram will get moved either I think it will be draft picks and fillers if it gets done .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    feels like a nonsensical Dell Demps rookie AD move that barely moves the needle. What are trying to do? Build a championship team in 4 years or race for a Participation Award with the 8th seed.
    LoL Bradley Beal barely moves the needle? We are in a much different position then we were with AD. If Zion is anywhere close to what I expect him to be among with Ingram then adding Beal can be the piece to take you from pretender to contender immediately. Not like Beal is some old vet but is a star just entering the prime of his career at 25 years old. This deal is a no brainer.

LoL Bradley Beal barely moves the needle?
    He's no Jimmer.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Just don’t see Ball getting moved I don’t think Ingram will get moved either I think it will be draft picks and fillers if it gets done .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we are getting Beal then Ball would have to be getting moved unless it’s Jrue and that’s not happening. You really think we are going to have Lonzo come off the bench and deal with all of that madness of him being a backup PG along with not only his attitude but his dads? Even without the drama it doesn’t make sense for him to stay. If we are getting Beal then Lonzo is no doubt the one getting traded with our PG and SG positions being filled by stars.

Not a fan of square pegging round holing as the foundation of the team. Shooting is fine but find it elsewhere.

LoL Bradley Beal barely moves the needle? We are in a much different position then we were with AD. If Zion is anywhere close to what I expect him to be among with Ingram then adding Beal can be the piece to take you from pretender to contender immediately. Not like Beal is some old vet but is a star just entering the prime of his career at 25 years old. This deal is a no brainer.
    oh, I'm sorry. I forgot where this was a one player sport. Oh wait, it's not. We don't have a center or suitable depth at power forward. We are overloaded at guards. We have Ingram being almost in Bust territory starting at SF. We already have $25 million committed in a 29 year combo guard and your solution is to get another 25 year combo guard at 25 million with swapping expiring contracts/possibly still taking some back. So, have no shooters, grossly undersized, and half of cap is sunken into combo guards.

What the hell you trying to build... We go into FA probably capped out for the most part aswell. We go into next year draft with probable needs at center, wing, and big. Then, Jrue starts declining. So, we need to start looking for another guard. Then, we back where we started. It doesn't make any sense.

are some of you seriously saying no to Beal if it happens? he's the type of player that fits in just about any system lol geezus man

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    are some of you seriously saying no to Beal if it happens? he's the type of player that fits in just about any system lol geezus man

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I mean... what are we going to do with him... spin our wheels like we did with Evans and Jrue. He's a luxury piece for team that is one piece away from contending. We are about 3-4 away.

Why couldn’t Jrue be the sixth man? Put differently, what is starting in this league?! To me, landing Beal strengthens our team and there is a way to balance the minutes. The move would certainly give us top-shelf depth. Although I would hope it is not the case, you have to imagine the possibility of Ball getting hurt. If he does, Jrue could easily step into the role. And Beal gives us shooting, which is needed. I’m having a hard time seeing the downside to a potential trade for Beal.

I mean... what are we going to do with him... spin our wheels like we did with Evans and Jrue. He's a luxury piece for team that is one piece away from contending. We are about 3-4 away.
    Here we geaux! Why do we want Beal? He's a guy that isn't scared to take the big shots late game and would excel in a fast paced offense with the Pels. The dude can get his shot whenever he wants and has an IQ to get the best shot available with what's given to him. We don't have one player like that with a deadly jumper on this team and they are hard to come by, Nevermind the fact if you want to develop Zion into a superstar, then you need to show him in a winning culture and that starts now! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	6435

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    Why couldn’t Jrue be the sixth man? Put differently, what is starting in this league?! To me, landing Beal strengthens our team and there is a way to balance the minutes. The move would certainly give us top-shelf depth. Although I would hope it is not the case, you have to imagine the possibility of Ball getting hurt. If he does, Jrue could easily step into the role. And Beal gives us shooting, which is needed. I’m having a hard time seeing the downside to a potential trade for Beal.
    Bringing Jrue off the bench would be a travesty, and an insult to a dude who has been a fantastic player, leader, and person for our franchise through an incredibly difficult period in both his own life and in the history of the team. He is one of the best two way players in the NBA and a top 5 player at his position. You don't bench that.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Forenzik View Post
    Nevermind the fact if you want to develop Zion into a superstar, then you need to show him in a winning culture and that starts now!
    I don't disagree with MOST of what you've said (I'm still not really begging for Beal or anything) but I just want to point out the absurdity of saying you want to develop a winning culture and then using a player from the Wizards as the basis for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Bringing Jrue off the bench would be a travesty, and an insult to a dude who has been a fantastic player, leader, and person for our franchise through an incredibly difficult period in both his own life and in the history of the team. He is one of the best two way players in the NBA and a top 5 player at his position. You don't bench that.

By the time team is ready to really contend not just 8th seed chase. He'll probably knocking on the door at 33. I mean realistically. We aren't winning overnight. My bet... We are lotto team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    That is a lot of money for a sixth man. This is precisely why I was hoping we’d flip Ball for Beal. It just looks like the FO is trying to rush things a bit.. Not a terrible thing, but we need to build smartly.

By the time team is ready to really contend not just 8th seed chase. He'll probably knocking on the door at 33. I mean realistically. We aren't winning overnight. My bet... We are lotto team next year.
    Sure, maybe that's the case in a couple of years.

But not now. You don't say ''oh yeah bring in Beal next year, it'll be fine we'll just bench Jrue.''

Like wow.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    That is a lot of money for a sixth man. This is precisely why I was hoping we’d flip Ball for Beal. It just looks like the FO is trying to rush things a bit.. Not a terrible thing, but we need to build smartly.
    That's my view when people start lining up the first round picks. I've seen people saying we should trade not just a player and a first, but MULTIPLE firsts for Beal.

Really? Is that the stage we're at? Or are people just so used to the Demps era that they feel uncomfortable holding picks, just need to move 'em ASAP.

Bench? A sixth man could easily play 30+ minutes a night. Travesty? Insult? I can remember when most Pelicans fans did not want Holiday to be re-signed and thought $25 million a year was overpaying. I have the utmost respect for him. And he is not the only player you could play in the sixth man role—Ball or Ingram could also play that role though I think Jrue and Ingram would thrive much more than Ball. But the opinion that having Jrue play the sixth man is not disrespectful to him whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post

Now I do agree with the financial aspect of it all. And I would not have an issue moving Ball though it seems as if that will not happen. I guess for me there are good problems to have and bad problems to have. Adding Beal falls into the former category, not the latter.

Jrue ain't coming off the bench LOL. They are telling him he and Zion will be the face of the franchise.

Why would they not make Lonzo come off the bench? Then he won't have any pressure, he can go against easier competition and will actually have a chance to run the offense.

Jrue and Beal is a great pairing starting.

I think Beal knows something that we should all want as a Pels fan

https://twitter.com/RealDealBeal23/s...51012074070016
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	6438  

Sure, maybe that's the case in a couple of years.

But not now. You don't say ''oh yeah bring in Beal next year, it'll be fine we'll just bench Jrue.''

Like wow.
    I have Ball coming off the bench in combo-rotation with Beal/Jrue. It's only way this Beal trade makes sense to me. Giving up Ball just seems unlike David Griffin long term stability plan of being winners.

Between having $60 million at guard with Jrue, Beal, and Ball

I much rather just have Ball, Garland, and Jrue at a more balanced $41 million.

I have Ball coming off the bench in combo-rotation with Beal/Jrue. It's only way this Beal trade makes sense to me. Giving up Ball just seems unlike David Griffin long term stability plan of being winners.

Between having $60 million at guard with Jrue, Beal, and Ball

I much rather just have Ball, Garland, and Jrue at a more balanced $41 million.
    I think I might agree. There's no question that Beal is a better player than Ball, but even with Beal it's unlikely that we're contenders next year, and Ball/Garland would be a cheaper, deeper, and possibly better fit long term.

Again, I wouldn't be mad if we traded for Beal depending on the price. He's a legitimate baller, no question about it. Just the timing and the motivation seems a touch suspect to me.

Thread Information