Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels trying to get Beal with the #4 (Per Shams)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Jrue is up in 2 years too
    Technically, yes, but aint no way he's opting out of 27,000,000 . So we have Jrue for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    If you go on bleacher report all you see is " new Orleans loves lonzo or Josh hart in pels clothing" but you never hear anything about Ingram....
    Also Gentry loves Lonzo. Coming from credible sources.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    4,ball and probably a couple of seconds or if they don't want ball ingram

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Ingram and the 4th are plausible in a trade but they wouldn't want an unproven Lonzo. They'll want the farm for Beal starting with at least 2 firsts and Ingram. Which is why ill pass. No need to go get it all at once. Besides I want to keep Ingram. I don't understand the hate on that man.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    have to give something to get something if you think we'd get Beal with just the 4th pick you're delusional

You're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Technically, yes, but aint no way he's opting out of 27,000,000 . So we have Jrue for 3 years.
    I think he very well could opt out

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Ingram and the 4th are plausible in a trade but they wouldn't want an unproven Lonzo. They'll want the farm for Beal starting with at least 2 firsts and Ingram. Which is why ill pass. No need to go get it all at once. Besides I want to keep Ingram. I don't understand the hate on that man.
    they won't want the farm abut they also won't just let him go for basically nothing

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    If you go on bleacher report all you see is " new Orleans loves lonzo or Josh hart in pels clothing" but you never hear anything about Ingram....

Also an article Denver was interested in Davis but was not willing to give up Murray

I reckon they can make it work easily without sending Ingram

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'd rather draft Garland.

we could of had him last year with not so great assets and now we have even better ones I don't think it have to be a crazy type of deal

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    I think he very well could opt out
    You think someone is going to give Jrue more than that at 32yrs old? Nahh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You think someone is going to give Jrue more than that at 32yrs old? Nahh.
    Milsap got 3/100 mil at 33. And the cap will be even bigger in 2-3 years time.

I wouldn't count it out

Milsap got 3/100 mil at 33. And the cap will be even bigger in 2-3 years time.

I wouldn't count it out
    That was stupid by Denver. Shout out to the homie Milsap for getting that contract.

Unless they want cap relief with Moore, Hill, a pick, and another player. How I seeing this work "easily" is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    That was stupid by Denver. Shout out to the homie Milsap for getting that contract.
    Lol Facts

Unless they want cap relief with Moore, Hill, a pick, and another player. How I seeing this work "easily" is beyond me.
    We have the draft capital now. Maybe not easy but it could be done depending on what we're willing to part with

We have the draft capital now. Maybe not easy but it could be done depending on what we're willing to part with
    Yes, thats true. But whatever move Griffin makes, whether its for Lavine, Beal or whoever, I'm with it. Griffin is making me more excited as the days go by.

This. Right now, we're asset rich. There's probably no one that's available for trade that we couldn't get if we wanted them. We have the goods. The only question is, who do we want and what are we willing to give up for them?

Just because we HAVE assets to spend, doesn't mean we have to spend them. Obviously we don't want to be Danny Ainge, clinging on to second round picks over gaining superstars, but I don't really want to line up everything we just gained and dropkick them into the ocean during one summer.
    Basketball.

I don't want to be another Minnesota Chicago Phoenix Orlando with all these picks and nothing materializes.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

You either roll with Lonzo and let him develop or trade him for Beal. You do not overload the roster with highly paid guards on a rebuilding team when you have a big hole at the 5 to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just because we HAVE assets to spend, doesn't mean we have to spend them. Obviously we don't want to be Danny Ainge, clinging on to second round picks over gaining superstars, but I don't really want to line up everything we just gained and dropkick them into the ocean during one summer.
    I didn't say we HAD to spend them. All I said was IF there's someone we want that's the right fit for this team, we can get them.

Beal hasn’t led Washington nowhere I’m cool with Lonzo we need to listen to what the players say ; how may times will Jrue say I don’t wanna be a point guard for people to listen or ad say I don’t want to play center , I bet Noel would’ve be great with AD , or look at buddy in sac town stop being so quick to trade and evaluate the team and the future

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I didn't say we HAD to spend them. All I said was IF there's someone we want that's the right fit for this team, we can get them.
    That would be why I wasn't responding directly to you, just addressing the topic overall.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    You either roll with Lonzo and let him develop or trade him for Beal. You do not overload the roster with highly paid guards on a rebuilding team when you have a big hole at the 5 to fill.
    Then you go spend money on a 5 then.... that shouldn't stop you from trading for an all-star player

Thread Information