Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels trying to get Beal with the #4 (Per Shams)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Milsap got 3/100 mil at 33. And the cap will be even bigger in 2-3 years time.

I wouldn't count it out
    Millsap was 32 and was OVERPAID.

Yeah so

Well, if anything... Garland at 4 is pretty much a lock one way or another.

So, I feel pretty confident in my Garland pick. Even if we trade him away.

Basketball Guru
    if its true that we are trying to trade for beal then i see jrue or ingram being traded for someone........griff is high on ingram but maybe he is high on him to flip him....

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We're going after Beal, but we ain't getting him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Yeah so
    Yeah so- He wasnt 33, he was 32. He was overpaid and he is/was an exception to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Yeah so- He wasnt 33, he was 32. He was overpaid and he is/was an exception to the rule.
    And I proved it's possible. And the salary cap will be quite a bit bigger in 2022 than in 2017

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    im seeing now that the owner dont want to trade him....

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I think David is trying to play the field and so what value he can get for the 4th pick. Nothing about Beal makes sense unless you want to set a market value.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I think David is trying to play the field and so what value he can get for the 4th pick. Nothing about Beal makes sense unless you want to set a market value.
    Possible other moves that make this make sense? I think there is more to it.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    thats what im believing....the GM got the player he wanted....gentry got the PG he want.....the only thing i see is jrue being trade somewhere so beal can play the SG spot.......but if its playing the game like you say then im good with it....

Question not trying to start anything because I don’t know but do you think Jrue may be traded ?? Do you think he may have low key asked for a trade ?? I was looking at his twitter page and I don’t see anything pertaining to the Pelicans on it anymore I find that somewhat odd .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

I've see Langford projected everywhere from 16 (Orlando) to 23 (Utah). What does this mean?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

I've see Langford projected everywhere from 16 (Orlando) to 23 (Utah). What does this mean?!?!?
    Probably that we want to trade back in this draft as has been reported since we got #4. Atl at 8 + 17 makes sense if this happens.

Seems like an awful lot of rookies on this team though. I'd hope we'd move our 2nd in this scenario. We still have Blueitt on a 2 way that I'm interested in seeing too.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Lots of draft prospects meet with lots of teams. Could mean something good and it probably means nothing

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    It’s just homework. Maybe the guy gets traded to Nola or as a FA in the future. Just like in the NFL you want to check out as many people as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Then you go spend money on a 5 then.... that shouldn't stop you from trading for an all-star player
    Or we should use those assets to acquire a 5 rather than Beal. All this does is force Jrue to play the 1 again. There is no way on earth Lonzo starts over Jrue or Beal

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    thats what im believing....the GM got the player he wanted....gentry got the PG he want.....the only thing i see is jrue being trade somewhere so beal can play the SG spot.......but if its playing the game like you say then im good with it....
    I'll give credit. David was a master negotiator at making LA bid against themselves..

All he did wasn't tank the trade or rush it. He did what you're supposed to do. He dragged it out for 2 months after the season. Held a meeting to "win" AD over, taking 2 weeks to start opening the AD sweepstakes, Paul trying to sabotage it in the background, get Danny too give out false pretenses... Then, a couple of super crazy injuries left 2019 wide open. Bam... We own the Lakers till 2025 for one player that was leaving for them on 2020 anyways.

https://twitter.com/RealDealBeal23

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    https://twitter.com/RealDealBeal23

Did he tweet something interesting? I don’t see anything.

Unless they are trading Holiday, don't see how Beal fits here at all.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Unless they are trading Holiday, don't see how Beal fits here at all.
    Depending on who gets traded, he's in the starting lineup. I envision our offense won't be over-reliant on just one guy pounding the ball and making decisions anyway. So a three guard lineup is likely as the future version o this team likely makes Zion into sort of a point forward in the vein of a smaller, but far more athletic Lamar Odom type.

Yes please! Even if this can’t get completed now do to time I would be it is still very in play in the future! We get Beal and this team can compete for championships now.. Pelicans/Lakers WCF!? How awesome would that be!?

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    if its true that we are trying to trade for beal then i see jrue or ingram being traded for someone........griff is high on ingram but maybe he is high on him to flip him....
    Not at all. Ingram can split time at PF (small ball) and SF, Jrue can do PG and SG, Zion can do SF or PF. Our guys are pretty fluid so you can, and should, bring in a shooting SG to fit in the rotations. There are enough minutes to fit another starting quality shooter.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Not at all. Ingram can split time at PF (small ball) and SF, Jrue can do PG and SG, Zion can do SF or PF. Our guys are pretty fluid so you can, and should, bring in a shooting SG to fit in the rotations.
    I agree with that. We need shooting. Doesn't really matter in today's NBA which spot that's in. Obviously I have my preferences (SF and C) but if you get it at the PG position then there's really no issue with having Lonzo guard up on defense and essentially functioning as a SF. You can even potentially have Zion as a center at times, a la Draymond Green.
    Basketball.

Thread Information