Pelicans Report

Thread: LA got 'Hershel-ized' Big Time.

LA got 'Hershel-ized' Big Time.

Never forget; LA got owned. Yep, LA now officially owns L.A. Thanks to the genius of Griff, for the next seven years, Gayle Benson officially owns two NBA Franchises. Sorry Jeannie, there's no way to get around it, your brand now belongs to Gayle Benson for the foreseeable future.

….and to think, they allowed it to happen while bidding against themselves. How lame is that group of geniuses? Had they waited until next year, the world would have been their oyster. LMAO

Not if they get Kemba or Leonard as a third man.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Screw the lakers and what they might get. The Pelicans now have the opportunity to creat and mold into a contender for the next 5-10 years.

Just got to be smart about it and be willing to spend money when the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Screw the lakers and what they might get. The Pelicans now have the opportunity to creat and mold into a contender for the next 5-10 years.

Just got to be smart about it and be willing to spend money when the time is right.

True. Then y’all also agree with Lavar Ball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    That would be the most shocking thing imaginable if they got Leonard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190616-213126_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	6434
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That would be the most shocking thing imaginable if they got Leonard.
    Yeah that's not happening.

Kemba's already on record saying he'd take a paycut to stay in Charlotte, and Leonard isn't leaving his 2nd ring and 2nd Finals MVP to play sidekick to Lebron.
    Basketball.

After reading a lot of the initial reactions on this board I thought we had been fleeced again by an LA team, but it turns out to be the opposite. This was the largest haul by any team ever! So what if LA gets another super star. They will be so thin that injuries will take away whatever advantage they might have had. We are on the precipice of greatness and have the right guy holding the reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah that's not happening.

Kemba's already on record saying he'd take a paycut to stay in Charlotte, and Leonard isn't leaving his 2nd ring and 2nd Finals MVP to play sidekick to Lebron.
    Ainge also said that he was all in. That wasn’t true either. We don’t know what these dudes will or won’t do. Kemba can take a cut and play for a contender
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Ainge also said that he was all in. That wasn’t true either. We don’t know what these dudes will or won’t do. Kemba can take a cut and play for a contender
    I'm not saying it's physically impossible for Kemba to go to LA.

I'm saying that I don't think it's happening. He COULD take a paycut to go play third man in LA. I don't believe he will.

I mean there's a difference between a GM willing to trade all his assets for AD and Kemba walking away from 100m to play for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I mean there's a difference between a GM willing to trade all his assets for AD and Kemba walking away from 100m to play for the Lakers.
    He’s willing to lose it to stay with a loser so why not for a winner?

He’s willing to lose it to stay with a loser so why not for a winner?
    No. He's willing to attempt 100m extra to stay with a loser...

Thread Information