Pelicans Report

Thread: Realistic free agents that would come to New Orleans.

Question Realistic free agents that would come to New Orleans.

The team is shaping up to look very different next season. The AD trade will bring us some new players plus the draft picks of Zion and possibly the 4th pick (unless it’s moved). Who do you honestly see considering signing with us? I know it’s wishful thinking to think about high end talent coming our way, but I’m sure there are some free agents out there that would consider the big easy. Any thoughts, ideas?

I would like us to keep all the kids and the 4th this year to see what they can do with a full season tighter.

That being said I think our needs are at C and PG. I don’t think we need to make a big splash in FA and dedicate a bunch of money to a FA till we know what we need. To know what we need we need to allow the team one full season together.

So if I were GM. I’d go after 2 guys specifically.

1. Brook Lopez. You can get him for cheap and he can play C. He’s a decent defender. He can also spread the floor with his 3pt ability. Would give Zion room to make cuts for easy baskets.

2. Rajon Rondo. He played great here 2 years ago. We can get him on a one year deal for cheap. He is a pretty good leader and can help this team a lot. Also, I think He can still be a solid backup PG.

Two solid moves that fill up two holes on a short term basis for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I would like us to keep all the kids and the 4th this year to see what they can do with a full season tighter.

That being said I think our needs are at C and PG. I don’t think we need to make a big splash in FA and dedicate a bunch of money to a FA till we know what we need. To know what we need we need to allow the team one full season together.

So if I were GM. I’d go after 2 guys specifically.

1. Brook Lopez. You can get him for cheap and he can play C. He’s a decent defender. He can also spread the floor with his 3pt ability. Would give Zion room to make cuts for easy baskets.

2. Rajon Rondo. He played great here 2 years ago. We can get him on a one year deal for cheap. He is a pretty good leader and can help this team a lot. Also, I think He can still be a solid backup PG.

Two solid moves that fill up two holes on a short term basis for cheap.
    Lopez would be a nice addition, I read somewhere that he wanted to return to Milwaukee, but I’d like to add him.

Ideally, Nikola Vucevic, but cap might make it tough (and Orlando holds Bird Rights)

Realistically, Brook Lopez (been saying it since we obtained rights to ZW)

….or Enes Kanter

Note: I would be surprised if Rondo is not re-signed by Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Ideally, Nikola Vucevic, but cap might make it tough (and Orlando holds Bird Rights)

Realistically, Brook Lopez (been saying it since we obtained rights to ZW)

….or Enes Kanter

Note: I would be surprised if Rondo is not re-signed by Lakers.
    I agree with everything you said. I just don’t want us to commit to any large deals until we know what we have with all the kids we have next year.

First we need to find out if we are flipping Lonzo or picks for any vets, if not and the roster stays as is, Lopez and Brogdon are my picks

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    First we need to find out if we are flipping Lonzo or picks for any vets, if not and the roster stays as is, Lopez and Brogdon are my picks
    Why does everyone want to dump Lonzo!? He’s better than everyone thinks. Just needs to stay healthy.

Hard to say until we see what happens with draft, or move players. But give me Lopez for damn sure ! Great C to play next to Zion. I'd be more excited for MARKKANEN but that's probably a pipedream..

Any possible way we could try to get Bojan Bogdonovic? His game would complement us tremendously.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 06-17-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Enes Kanter
    Rudy Gay
    Patrick Beverly

I’d be looking at guys like that.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

For me, there are two things I'm looking at: relatively large framed shooters, and stretch bigs.

Shooters: Bogdanovic, Brogdon, both immediately jump to mind. I think they're both at least 6'5, and can shoot. Legitimately shoot.

Stretch bigs: Lopez, but I think his price will end up being too high if you wanna get him away from Milwaukee, so Dedmon or JaMychal Green.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Why does everyone want to dump Lonzo!? He’s better than everyone thinks. Just needs to stay healthy.
    That's what I keep saying. I never liked the kid because of his dad, but upon further review he is a star in the making. Just leave his old man in LA and we are golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    That's what I keep saying. I never liked the kid because of his dad, but upon further review he is a star in the making. Just leave his old man in LA and we are golden.
    Exactly! The lakers record and defense was much better when he was playing. I think he is going to shine in the new situation!! Especially with Zion to dish the ball too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    I wonder how much of our hesitation is from that game last season against us when he shot 1-12 from three? Pels basically just let him shoot, and he threw up bricks all night while we were able to focus on LBJ. That scares me if he can't buy a bucket.

Thread Information