Pelicans Report

Thread: Bradley Beal?

Bradley Beal?

Landing Bradley Beal was once a fantasy for many fans that now seems to be a serious consideration in our new front office in making a move for him. We have the assets they would be looking for making this a real possibility. There is some rumors the Wizards like Lonzo Ball a lot as well but if not the Suns are obvious fans willing to trade the 6th pick. The Wizards will have their options of Lonzo/#4 or #4/#6..

Bradley Beal instantly makes us serious contenders imo. Beal is just hitting his prime at 25 years old and a top 3 SG in the NBA.. Beal can score 25 ppg while creating for others and can actually play some defense as well.. Jrue Holiday in a backcourt with Beal imo is arguably the best duo in the NBA with an easy top 3. Those 2 alone have you as a playoff team. You throw in a young rising star and scoring SF with elite length in Ingram.. That trio alone could be deadly and do some damage in the West. On top of this you throw in Zion!?!? This core 4 compliments each other so well and is perfectly built around our franchise star in Zion. Nobody can say we are wasting any of his talent by surrounding him with these guys. Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion is a core 4 I really believe can compete for a championship next season.

https://youtu.be/xZDWIViWKIQ
    2018-2019 Bradley Beal Highlights.. Awesome!!

If anybody has any recent articles on the Pelicans landing Beal please post.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-16-2019 at 01:50 PM.

The Franchise
    Bang that drum, I’m listening!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Landing Bradley Beal was once a fantasy for many fans that now seems to be a serious consideration in our new front office in making a move for him. We have the assets they would be looking for making this a real possibility. There is some rumors the Wizards like Lonzo Ball a lot as well but if not the Suns are obvious fans willing to trade the 6th pick. The Wizards will have their options of Lonzo/#4 or #4/#6..

Bradley Beal instantly makes us serious contenders imo. Beal is just hitting his prime at 25 years old and a top 3 SG in the NBA.. Beal can score 25 ppg while creating for others and can actually play some defense as well.. Jrue Holiday in a backcourt with Beal imo is arguably the best duo in the NBA with an easy top 3. Those 2 alone have you as a playoff team. You throw in a young rising star and scoring SF with elite length in Ingram.. That trio alone could be deadly and do some damage in the West. On top of this you throw in Zion!?!? This core 4 compliments each other so well and is perfectly built around our franchise star in Zion. Nobody can say we are wasting any of his talent by surrounding him with these guys. Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion is a core 4 I really believe can compete for a championship next season.

https://youtu.be/xZDWIViWKIQ
    2018-2019 Bradley Beal Highlights.. Awesome!!

If anybody has any recent articles on the Pelicans landing Beal please post.
    I’m down

Ball is better than Beal in every way. He has better measurables. Court vision. Will eventually be a better shooter. Has the pedigree of a winning family. Has a name that doesn't rhyme with Eel. No thanks.

I didn't sleep much last night. Forgive me.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Ball is better than Beal in every way. He has better measurables. Court vision. Will eventually be a better shooter. Has the pedigree of a winning family. Has a name that doesn't rhyme with Eel. No thanks.

I didn't sleep much last night. Forgive me.
    Some Zzzquil will help that sir. You'll be out like a light in no time. Id like to hear your input after about 8 full hours of rest.

The Franchise
    I figured it out but really complicated

Bulls trade Lavine, Dunn, 7 pick and next years 1st
    Receive Ball and Mahimni (Ball is worth a 1st and getting off Lavigne’s contract should at least be worth a first)

Wiz trade Beal and Mahimni
    Receive Hill, Moore, Dunn, 4 or 7 and 3-2nd round picks getting all of their 2nds that we own
    Saves the roughly 20 million

Pels trade hill, Moore, Lonzo, 4th pick, and 3-2nds
    Receive Beal, Lavine, 7th pick and Chicago’s 1st next year
    We absorb about 16 million on the cap but get a future first

Jrue, Elfrid-resign
    Beal, Lavine, Frank
    Ingram, Kenrich
    Zion
    Okafor, Woods

If we keep 4 sign culver but I’m playing him at SF, if we keep 7 I’d take Hunter, but prefer to trade 4 to ATL for 8 & 10. Grab Reddish at 8 and with 10 move down a bunch and grab some draft and stash players like Okeke, Bazley, Samanic, and Obisie

We can’t trade Ball now for 60 days I believe, so we can’t trade him before the draft. The trade is not final, so I guess we could have the Wizards added to it. But that would likely be a first to have someone added to a trade that was already agreed to. I read that the Wizards don’t want to move Beal and I’m sure we already tried to get him in the AD trade. Plus I doubt they would want to have a 2 point guard backcourt of Ball & Wall. And if we wanted to trade him to Phoenix for the 6th pick, we would have to set up a future deal with the Suns to pick a player that the Wizards want. I think that’s a tad complicated and would never happen.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I read that the Wizards don’t want to move Beal and I’m sure we already tried to get him in the AD trade.

I have also read this a few places in the Twitterverse. It seems Washington isn't open to the idea. Could it change with a new GM? Yeah, sure. But at this point getting Beal doesn't seem like a realistic option.

The Franchise
    Got 4 days to figure it out but now that we have the Davis deal done I doubt it’d be hard to start trading those assets even if was pushed back to after July 30. What else could we get from the lakers to accommodate them anyway? We literally control their draft assets and have most of their players.

Definitely would have to be after they got a GM.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 06-16-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I have also read this a few places in the Twitterverse. It seems Washington isn't open to the idea. Could it change with a new GM? Yeah, sure. But at this point getting Beal doesn't seem like a realistic option.
    Also, vital to remember:

WASHINGTON DOES NOT HAVE A GM.

We have no idea if the guy they have running things right now has the authority to make a trade of that significance.
    Basketball.

We can’t trade Ball now for 60 days I believe, so we can’t trade him before the draft. The trade is not final, so I guess we could have the Wizards added to it. But that would likely be a first to have someone added to a trade that was already agreed to. I read that the Wizards don’t want to move Beal and I’m sure we already tried to get him in the AD trade. Plus I doubt they would want to have a 2 point guard backcourt of Ball & Wall. And if we wanted to trade him to Phoenix for the 6th pick, we would have to set up a future deal with the Suns to pick a player that the Wizards want. I think that’s a tad complicated and would never happen.
    The trade is only agreed upon and not consummated. As a result, we can continue to make changes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    The trade is only agreed upon and not consummated. As a result, we can continue to make changes to it.
    The problem is, at the point that we want to make any changes, you KNOW the Lakers will use pushing the date back to July 30 as a bargaining chip. Remember, they have to agree to the trade as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    The problem is, at the point that we want to make any changes, you KNOW the Lakers will use pushing the date back to July 30 as a bargaining chip. Remember, they have to agree to the trade as well.
    Not a huge deal to Pelicans, especially if they deal the #4. Beal is such a long shot at best, that there is likely no need to change it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    My understanding is if the Pelicans deal the 4th the team they are trading it to will not want to have the player miss summer league.

If I had to guess the deal the Pels and Lakers worked out was something like, "Hey we will do the trade on July 30th if we keep the 4th but we expect to trade the pick so we need to have everything done on the 6th. That's why as it's set up now the trade was agreed to for the 6th.

The Pelicans wanted a 3rd team to begin with. The Lakers failed on their own to get a 3rd team involved so they had to give more to get it agreed to without a 3rd team.

The Lakers want AD. They aren't going to try and hold the Pelicans ransom now that it's agreed to.

It would just be a 3 team deal and something that we could be in the process of negotiating now. I have read rumors that we were asking the Lakers to find a 3rd team to bring back a star and this is one of the few scenarios imo that would make sense. Wall will likely not even suit up next season and Ball would give them a young PG for the future that will sell tickets. I think it gives the Wizards the high picks they want along with a young talent for the future. Gives them time to let Wall come back and boost his stock as a trade asset possibly setting the Wizards up nicely for a long time.

I don’t see the Wizards as not having a GM as a big obstacle either. The Head Coach Scott Brooks has a lot of power. It’s not like they don’t have a president along with many other things. We didn’t have a GM for a short period here and I wouldn’t have counted anything out because of it. If a trade for Beal doesn’t happen now then I would not count out as something with no chance of happening in the future once they do have a GM in place. At that point they would be taking young players we have along with future picks. Would looking at every team in the NBA and comparing our situations the few teams that would make sense for Beal don’t have near the assets to make a deal as we do. This deal just makes way to much sense for both the Pelicans and Wizards.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-17-2019 at 05:55 PM.

I have also read rumors of the Pelicans being a possible landing spot for Lauri Markkanen. Now Bradley Beal is my first and favorite trade option but Markkanen is not far behind as realistic possibilities. The center position is a position I’m sure we are very interested in upgrading. Markkanen is a 22 year old 7’ versatile big who can shoot 40% from 3pt. Would be one of the best young options in the NBA to pair in the front court with Zion. He compliments his game offensively very well and would make it near impossible for defenses to have a big help in the paint when paired with Markkanen. He is not just a great shooter but a very good post player and all around skilled offensively. He needs to work on his defense but he has improved on as he has added strength building his body for the NBA. I think he can be a solid defensive center going forward while making our front court a nightmare to deal with offensively.
    The 4th pick and Lonzo for Lauri Markkanen

I have also read rumors of the Pelicans being a possible landing spot for Lauri Markkanen. Now Bradley Beal is my first and favorite trade option but Markkanen is not far behind as realistic possibilities. The center position is a position I’m sure we are very interested in upgrading. Markkanen is a 22 year old 7’ versatile big who can shoot 40% from 3pt. Would be one of the best young options in the NBA to pair in the front court with Zion. He compliments his game offensively very well and would make it near impossible for defenses to have a big help in the paint when paired with Markkanen. He is not just a great shooter but a very good post player and all around skilled offensively. He needs to work on his defense but he has improved on as he has added strength building his body for the NBA. I think he can be a solid defensive center going forward while making our front court a nightmare to deal with offensively.
    Would love Markkanen but supposedly Chicago has said he is untouchable.

I can only hope and pray Markkanen joins us...im 100% in.

Thread Information