Pelicans Report

Thread: Excellent breakdown of Zion in a Gentry offense! This is awesome! >>VIDEO<<

Excellent breakdown of Zion in a Gentry offense! This is awesome! >>VIDEO<<

Man, rewatching all these clips of Randle makes me appreciate Zion even more.

Zion's game is just so much more refined, and his dribble is so much better even already.

Edit: I'm also glad he addresses the early stages of Zion's passing. Duke really didn't give him that opportunity to take the ball and create for himself and others that often. He played off-ball very frequently, and was usually receiving passes rather than making them, but when he got the chance he really showed some signs of next level feel.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-22-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    Basketball.

I loved Gentry’s answer to a question about the AD trade today:

“That’s a haul, folks!” That was PRICELESS!!

I’m not the biggest Gentry fan, but he went up a few notches with that comeback! I like how he likes to run, but I don’t know he aggravates the crap out of me sometimes.

Great video. It's gonna be fun season to watch.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wrist release is scary from Zion

But I haven't been this excited for potential for any team I've ever been a fan of ever

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    That wrist release is scary from Zion

But I haven't been this excited for potential for any team I've ever been a fan of ever
    Zion's shooting improved massively over the course of his one year at Duke. He needs some help on his mechanics, but his shot isn't that bad. There have been far worse forms at work in the NBA which have worked out okay.

One of my favourite draft and analysis guys, @Cosmis on twitter, describes Zion basically as shooting like a guy who has never had to shoot from distance before and is just kinda working it out on the fly. That seems accurate to me, and for a guy who's basically been shooting threes for less than a year with any seriousness, it doesn't scare me at all. Give him two months with a shooting coach and it'll be fine.

Thread Information