Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Feelings about Davis now?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Luck

6 9.09%
  • Don’t care

17 25.76%
  • Good riddance

25 37.88%
  • Hope he blows both legs up

18 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Feelings about Davis?

Poll: Feelings about Davis?

Davis,

Incoming

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He's just another player to me. Two whole time zones over. I'll rarely even need to see him play except in SportsCenter highlights.

I don't WISH injury on AD, but if it happened... It would make me believe in karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't WISH injury on AD, but if it happened... It would make me believe in karma.
    karma will do its thing. We just need to focus on the future. good luck anthony.

I hope his basketball fortunes are cursed beyond belief but that it doesn't ruin his personal life too much. Which I knownis improbable. But it's like I want him to suck, not suffer.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I was a lot more broken up about the Chris Paul trade. Anthony Davis never did much for this city.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I hope his basketball fortunes are cursed beyond belief but that it doesn't ruin his personal life too much. Which I knownis improbable. But it's like I want him to suck, not suffer.
    Like Eric Gordon?

Need a good laugh? Dwight Howard trending on social media

I take a different approach on this. Davis actually did us a favor and by them fans bashing him it made me realize how good a guy AD is. He cares for the nola fan base and the team which is why he demanded a trade. Would you rather him be miserable in nola just to satisfy us fans? You probably would but at the end of the day he a young dude and want to live his life and what better city than LA? He gave us time to find an amazing deal and we even got Zion. So I hope AD is successful in LA man

You can vote twice. I won’t check Id’s

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Like Eric Gordon?
    Gordon is so much worse to me. So much. Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    I take a different approach on this. Davis actually did us a favor and by them fans bashing him it made me realize how good a guy AD is. He cares for the nola fan base and the team which is why he demanded a trade. Would you rather him be miserable in nola just to satisfy us fans? You probably would but at the end of the day he a young dude and want to live his life and what better city than LA? He gave us time to find an amazing deal and we even got Zion. So I hope AD is successful in LA man
    I agree he did us a solid by allowing us time to find a trade partner. If he was smart he would of just waited a year and went into FA to LA but whatevers....LA just got got.

Good Luck in LA Anthony!

Me? I’m glad he is gone. I don’t consider AD a winner, and this team was never going to be a consistent playoff team with AD being the number one option, and Demps as GM. Now they have a chance to be so.

If anyone wants to rebut my comment about AD not being a winner, just remember the two teams he had as his preferred destinations where the Lakers and Knicks, case closed.

With James on the downside end of his career, the Lakers may become a playoff team, but that is about it. It seems to me, that the only all star who wants to play in James shadow is AD, so James, AD, Kuzma and a bunch of vets on one year rentals, does not sound like a championship team to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lets see how he handles that LA pressure!

AD and RP hurt the Pels leverage, so I would like to see something that hurts ADs value going forward.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I don't wish injuries on any player, but the Lakers having nagging injuries like sprains and pulls that cause them to miss the playoffs next season would be sweet.

I loved AD as a player for the Pelicans, so it's tough for me to just hate him now that he plays for a team that I want to fail. But I have no problem hoping that he decides to leave the Lakers for the Knicks next offseason (and I grew up hating the Knicks) and that Lebron decides he has had enough and retires. That way, the Lakers may have tons of cap space, but few high draft picks when they are horrible for the next half decade. Whatever makes the Lakers a bad team during the years the Pelicans have their picks or swap rights is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    AD and RP hurt the Pels leverage, so I would like to see something that hurts ADs value going forward.
    If that haul we got was after hurting our leverage I couldn't imagine what it would be like if we didn't have hurt leverage. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I agree he did us a solid by allowing us time to find a trade partner. If he was smart he would of just waited a year and went into FA to LA but whatevers....LA just got got.
    Except, if he didn't sign the extension this summer we would have traded him anyway. No way we were going to let him walk for nothing.

Bye Felecia.meme

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Except, if he didn't sign the extension this summer we would have traded him anyway. No way we were going to let him walk for nothing.
    Yep. Not even Demps would have let him walk for nothing

Wow. Some of you are wishing harm on him? Really?

Highly doubt anyone is truly wishing harm on another human being. Ya’ll talking like people are actually crafting AD voodoo dolls or learning black magic. I took that last option as a joke. Having said that, it would turn my stomach to see AD win a championship with the Lakers after the crap he and Rich Paul pulled. So, I’ll amend my answer to good riddance, with the added caveat that I don’t want to see AD win a ring and I hope that Space Jam 2 is a flop.

Wish him well and hope he gets to see Zion, Jrue and company get their shiny new rings while he still waits like his buddy Cousins.

None of the poll options accurately describe my feelings. I wish for the Lakers the same injury luck that the Pelicans have enjoyed and the Hornets before them. I wish them the same success with their selection of aging free agents and "young talent" as we had before Jrue. I hope he is as happy in Los Angeles as Dwight Howard and other recent big men. I hope he receives the same respect he showed to the Pelicans organization and the city of New Orleans. Lastly I hope he gets to enjoy watching next year's playoffs at Boogie's house on the big screen ultra-HD TV with a nice frosty mug.

Thread Information