7 8.75%
  • Draft someone else

3 3.75%
  • Trade the pick

37 46.25%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: pick #4

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Trade Lonzo to the Suns for the 6th pick. Move the 4th and 6th for Bradley Beal.
    If we keep the 4th pick I take Culver, Hunter, Bol Bol, or Garland in that order.
    I'm with you overall except I have Hunter over Culver and I think Bol Bol will fall a lot. Guys his height routinely have long-term injury concerns and he's already battling foot problems. Too much of a risk to use as a lottery pick. Seems like a guy who will always have injury issues which is unfortunate because he put up some strong numbers in his limited time.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I also prefer hunter slightly over culver

As much as I like Bol’s game, we should trade back if we even think about acquiring him. I can see him being a huge steal in this draft with the way the NBA is going, but his weight is a real concern. I hope we somehow get him though. Keep Jah around while he puts on a few quarter pounders

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I also prefer hunter slightly over culver
    Me too. Polished game, body, elite defender, good handles, good spot up shooter, drives to the basket well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I'm with you overall except I have Hunter over Culver and I think Bol Bol will fall a lot. Guys his height routinely have long-term injury concerns and he's already battling foot problems. Too much of a risk to use as a lottery pick. Seems like a guy who will always have injury issues which is unfortunate because he put up some strong numbers in his limited time.
    Yea I agree I would probably take Garland over him but if I was to take BolBol I would move back a few spots and pick up more assets. I wouldn’t take him at #4 but I would use a top 10 pick on him. I think we are in a position to make a risky pick like him and let him develop. With our new training staff we could work with him early and help develop his body for the NBA. Some injuries with these young bigs like him happen more often early because they are still growing. I think he is so talented he’s worth the risk. Some say he’s the best shooter in the draft. That is just crazy! The threat he could be with his skill set compliments Zion who we are building around. IMO our biggest need is talent at Center where we are set everywhere else.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-16-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea I agree I would probably take Garland over him but if I was to take BolBol I would move back a few spots and pick up more assets. I wouldn’t take him at #4 but I would use a top 10 pick on him. I think we are in a position to make a risky pick like him and let him develop. With our new training staff we could work with him early and help develop his body for the NBA. I think he is so talented he’s worth the risk. Some say he’s the best shooter in the draft. That a just crazy! The threat he could be with his skill set compliments Zion who we are building around. IMO our biggest need is talent at Center where we are set everywhere else.
    He is incredibly talented. That doesn’t always translate to great players in the NBA (injuries, lack of an NBA ready body), but I can see him being the biggest “steal” in this draft.

My big board

1. Zion
    2. Morant
    3. Barrett
    4. Hunter
    5. Culver
    6. Garland
    7. Sekou

If we can’t trade the pick I think I would take Darius Garland. I think he is likely the 4th best player in the draft and would lock up our point guard spot. Then I would hope Louis King falls to us at 39 cause I think he can be a good small forward in this league. He’s got a sweet stroke and nice size at 6’8”. I would move the 39 & 57 picks to make sure I got Louis King if he’s available at the very end of the 1st or early 2nd. Or if a team needs to good backup shooting guard with an expiring

We would be set at the 1, 2, & 3. I would try to sign a center, but they only have like 2 max type guys. So maybe we target 2 guys instead of one max guy. Maybe we bring back Julius Randle for around 12 million a year & sign a center like Brook Lopez, DeAndre Jordan, Jonas Valanciunas, or Hassan Whiteside for around 12 million a year. We really don’t need a big time center, but I would like one. I just doubt we could get Vucevic or Cousins. I like Lopez’s shooting, but not his rebounding. I like Jordan’s D & rebounding, but not his scoring. I like Jonas’s scoring and he’s an ok rebounder. I like Whiteside’s rebounding and down low scoring.

C: Lopez or Jordan or Jonas or Whiteside, Okafor
    PF: Zion, Randle
    SF: Ingram, King
    SG: Jrue, Hart
    PG: Ball, Garland

I still would try to move the pick though. Atlanta would be ideal cause Jaxson Hayes & Cam Reddish would be a perfect duo to add to our team, but Atlanta would like those two as well I would think. We need a shooter and Cam is the best one on the wing in the top 10 IMO. Garland is a good shooter though, so that’s why I take him. But Jrue can play the point, so a backup to Ingram would be ideal. I just don’t think Hunter or Culver would be the ideal backup 3. Neither are great spot up shooters, but they are both good defenders. Cam made more 3s this year than both those guys combined.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-16-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Lol what about Ingram
    Lol I'm not crazy about Ingram. I expect him to be gone after this season. He's a good player though. Just doesn't fit with Zo/Jrue/Zion as well as Culver

If we keep the 4th pick I would take Garland or Hunter.

I would try to trade the pick to Chicago or Atlanta or a team willing to part with a young center. If the Magic are gonna resign Vucevic maybe they trade Mo Bamba for the 4th pick. Not sure if I would want to make that trade, but if they don’t resign Vucevic than I would try to bring him in as a free agent. I thought they possibly drafted Bamba to be his replacement, so who knows what the Magic will do. Vucevic is 28, but I’d sign him to 4 year max deal cause he’s a damn good center.

Whoever wants Garland the most may trade up to the spot. He’s by far the 2nd best point guard in the draft and that position is really thin in the draft. I heard that Coby White has a guarantee in the top 6, so I would think that would be Phoenix so maybe they like him more than Garland. But Cleveland might like him to team up with Colin Sexton cause White can be a combo guard as well. I see him as a Jrue kind of guard that can play either backcourt spot. He wasn’t even seen as a point guard till UNC started playing him there. I doubt the Lakers promised him since I don’t think he would go 4th, but who knows. I would take a few players on either the Suns or Bulls rosters. The Suns have a few intriguing guys like Josh Jackson, Mikal Bridges, or Elie Okobo. I doubt they would move pick 6 & Jackson or Bridges, but who knows. The Bulls have Kris Dunn, Chandler Hutchinson, or Denzel Valentine. So dropping to 7 we could still get either Hunter, Culver, or Reddish if White does go in the top 6 cause two of those guys should be available.

The best scenario other that getting a center or good veteran already in the league would be trading with Atlanta. Getting Cam Reddish and Jaxson Hayes would be the best possible draft haul to us IMO. But I would possibly take 8, 17, & 35 or maybe just 8 & 17. We could take either Reddish or Hayes at 8. Then take Kabengele, Bol Bol, Fernando, Claxton, Langford, Porter Jr, Keldon Johnson, or one of the many other wings in this draft at 17. The wing position is loaded in this draft. Then we could add two good players at 35 & 39 as well. I’d take both LSU players in Naz Reid & Tremont Waters since we would need a power forward and point guard. Then take Tacko Fall at 57 to be our 3rd center. Having a 7’6” 3rd center would be awesome!

C: Kabengele, Okafor, Fall
    PF: Zion, Reid
    SF: Ingram, Reddish
    PG: Ball, Waters

That would be a sick, young, and talented team and that’s before free agency. Have Reid, Waters, & Fall playing for our G league squad when ever that happens

We would probably have the favorites for the summer league title LOLOLOL
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-16-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I want De’Andre Hunter. He’s my guy.

Can shoot, score, handle the rock, great defender. He’s the wing we’ve been missing for so many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Come on, man! Give Solomon Hill a chance!

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    If we can’t trade the pick I think I would take Darius Garland. I think he is likely the 4th best player in the draft and would lock up our point guard spot. Then I would hope Louis King falls to us at 39 cause I think he can be a good small forward in this league. He’s got a sweet stroke and nice size at 6’8”. I would move the 39 & 57 picks to make sure I got Louis King if he’s available at the very end of the 1st or early 2nd. Or if a team needs to good backup shooting guard with an expiring

We would be set at the 1, 2, & 3. I would try to sign a center, but they only have like 2 max type guys. So maybe we target 2 guys instead of one max guy. Maybe we bring back Julius Randle for around 12 million a year & sign a center like Brook Lopez, DeAndre Jordan, Jonas Valanciunas, or Hassan Whiteside for around 12 million a year. We really don’t need a big time center, but I would like one. I just doubt we could get Vucevic or Cousins. I like Lopez’s shooting, but not his rebounding. I like Jordan’s D & rebounding, but not his scoring. I like Jonas’s scoring and he’s an ok rebounder. I like Whiteside’s rebounding and down low scoring.

C: Lopez or Jordan or Jonas or Whiteside, Okafor
    PF: Zion, Randle
    SF: Ingram, King
    PG: Ball, Garland

I still would try to move the pick though. Atlanta would be ideal cause Jaxson Hayes & Cam Reddish would be a perfect duo to add to our team, but Atlanta would like those two as well I would think. We need a shooter and Cam is the best one on the wing in the top 10 IMO. Garland is a good shooter though, so that’s why I take him. But Jrue can play the point, so a backup to Ingram would be ideal. I just don’t think Hunter or Culver would be the ideal backup 3. Neither are great spot up shooters, but they are both good defenders. Cam made more 3s this year than both those guys combined.
    we would have to move hill first to have a chance to sign Vucevic .....but we would have to go after lopez or Valanciunas because gentry is our coach and you know he would want them shooting 3s lol....

He’s my thing. Lots of new players coming into the mix. I think it’s best to just draft and let’s see how this year goes. If someone Disney fit then we get rid of him. I think making any moves right now is premature and could mess up moral. Let’s let the kids gel and see what they can do with a full year. We will then know what gaps we have and we can fill them.

One reason I like Hunter is he can play a small ball, Draymond type 4/5. So you could have a run & gun squad of Ball, Jrue, Ingram, Hunter, & Zion. Could be a devastating defensive squad, but could get hammered in the paint. We would match up good against the Warriors whenever they get to full strength. So if we keep the 4th pick I’d take Hunter cause he would be the only pick there that could play with the other 4 IMO.

Saw a mock with us taking Jaxson Hayes at 4. It makes the most sense, but we better not reach for him if we can’t move the pick. If we trade down then I’ll be ecstatic taking him as long as we get another pick or player as well.

I would love it if the Grizzlies or Knicks pull an “Anthony Bennett” type pick and surprise everyone, so either Ja or RJ falls to us. It’s highly unlikely, but you never know. That’s why I hope we don’t trade it till we are on the clock just in case haha.

Hey Ja or RJ get arrested for a pot charge and scare both the Griz & Knicks. Where they gonna be at the next couple days? ? I might have to set them up LOLOL. Or if anyone has them doing some crazy stuff on camera post it to Twitter PLEASE!!
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-16-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Pick swap with the Knicks this year for our pick next year and get RJ? Anyone? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Pick swap with the Knicks this year for our pick next year and get RJ? Anyone? Anyone?
    Nope.

Next year's draft is far better than this one overall, and RJ is not a sure fire superstar, nor does his skillset fill in very well with our roster, including our other young guys.

Would much rather win 37 games next year, get the 8th pick and draft someone with more upside.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I'd trade Lonzo and pick 4 for Morant, but not RJ.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Part of me really hopes we don't trade the #4 pick at all. Not unless we're getting a player who is pretty much an All-Star already.

Basically, if it were for like Brad Beal. But that isn't gonna happen. So just take Culver or Garland and call it a draft where we get two top 5 picks.

gimme Culver, Coby White, or a trade down please. no particular order

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

While the educated people say that this is a 3 player draft and the drop is significant I'd be will to bet $ that there will be at least 1 if not more players drafted #4 or later that will go on to become good , very good if not borderline all-stars. There almost always is and almost always will be , NO draft is an exact science . It's all a matter of how good a talent evaluator you are . And it's especially hard to read the mental aspect of a young man at 19 or 20 . Heaven forbid when we start drafting 17 yr old HS players

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    While the educated people say that this is a 3 player draft and the drop is significant I'd be will to bet $ that there will be at least 1 if not more players drafted #4 or later that will go on to become good , very good if not borderline all-stars. There almost always is and almost always will be , NO draft is an exact science . It's all a matter of how good a talent evaluator you are . And it's especially hard to read the mental aspect of a young man at 19 or 20 . Heaven forbid when we start drafting 17 yr old HS players
    Nobody really doubts that, I think.

When people say ''this is a 3 player draft'', they don't mean ''only three players from this draft will be any good''. They mean ''only three players from this draft have really shown those possible superstar vibes at this point''.

Now even that isn't really true. I think the vast majority of popular media says that, but if you read up drafting reports, scouting reports, draft day analysis, etc (visit scouting twitter), there are actually a bunch of names in this draft that are exciting for one reason or another. Maybe they aren't projected to be superstars, but they're projected to be very good. People like Chuma Okeke, PJ Washington, Talen Horten-Tucker, Brandon Clarke, Grant Williams, Jontay Porter, Goga Bitadze, Sekou Doumbouya, Jaxson Hayes, etc.

I will add though, and I know this isn't quite what you said but you just made me think of it, the people who say ''oh, the draft is a crapshoot'' are usually people who know relatively little about drafting. There are legitimate indicators of talent, that seem to predict with pretty decent accuracy and frequency quality NBA players. The disconnect isn't between players and scouting, it's between ownership and scouting: it doesn't matter if the scouts have everything worked out to the smallest detail. If they tell their GM to draft X, but the GM has fallen in love with Y, then it doesn't matter how good the metrics are. That's what's so encouraging about Griffs attitude towards teamwork and listening: you get the vibe that he will actually listen to his scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nobody really doubts that, I think.

When people say ''this is a 3 player draft'', they don't mean ''only three players from this draft will be any good''. They mean ''only three players from this draft have really shown those possible superstar vibes at this point''.

Now even that isn't really true. I think the vast majority of popular media says that, but if you read up drafting reports, scouting reports, draft day analysis, etc (visit scouting twitter), there are actually a bunch of names in this draft that are exciting for one reason or another. Maybe they aren't projected to be superstars, but they're projected to be very good. People like Chuma Okeke, PJ Washington, Talen Horten-Tucker, Brandon Clarke, Grant Williams, Jontay Porter, Goga Bitadze, Sekou Doumbouya, Jaxson Hayes, etc.

I will add though, and I know this isn't quite what you said but you just made me think of it, the people who say ''oh, the draft is a crapshoot'' are usually people who know relatively little about drafting. There are legitimate indicators of talent, that seem to predict with pretty decent accuracy and frequency quality NBA players. The disconnect isn't between players and scouting, it's between ownership and scouting: it doesn't matter if the scouts have everything worked out to the smallest detail. If they tell their GM to draft X, but the GM has fallen in love with Y, then it doesn't matter how good the metrics are. That's what's so encouraging about Griffs attitude towards teamwork and listening: you get the vibe that he will actually listen to his scouts.
    I don't mean the odds are the same as a crap shoot C'mon , What people mean when they say that is there's no sure thing, or even really almost a sure thing . I'll bet there are just as many #1 picks that bust that are superstars,. If not it's not that far off , Draft in any league is an educated guess

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    I don't mean the odds are the same as a crap shoot C'mon , What people mean when they say that is there's no sure thing, or even really almost a sure thing . I'll bet there are just as many #1 picks that bust that are superstars,. If not it's not that far off , Draft in any league is an educated guess
    That would be why I said ''I will add, and I know this isn't quite what you said but you made me think of it''. That's what that part means.

You can bet that, but you're not correct. Since the intro of the draft lottery in 1985, there have been 34 #1 picks. 7 have gone on to win NBA titles, 21 have made all-star teams, get 10 MVP awards, and 17 of them have made at least one all-nba team.

#1 picks are good. They are far, far more likely to be good players than busts. The only real busts I can think of at #1 since the lottery introduction are Olowokandi, Kwame Brown, Anthony Bennett, and Joe Smith. That means a #1 overall pick is more likely to win a championship than bust, let alone just be a star.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    More like 8 and 10
    And why would atlanta do this? There isn't enough perceived separation in this draft between 4 and 8 to justify throwing in a 10 too.

Think about it- everyone is mentioning Garland, Culver, Hunter and White in that mix(especially the first 3 4-7) and in different orders. When there isn't even a well defined order 4-8 and nobody is a clear #4, the value of 4 vs 8 isn't nearly enough to justify giving up the 10th pick. If it was thought to be a 4-5 person draft and then big dropoff at 6, then maybe this is doable

Thread Information