• Draft someone else

3 3.75%
  • Trade the pick

37 46.25%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: pick #4

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Agreed. Hunter honestly might not even go top 6. If Atlanta offers #8 and #17 for #4, then I take that trade, pick up Hunter at #8 if I really want him.

I could easily see him going behind Zion, RJ, Morant, Culver, Garland, White, and possibly a few other names as well.
    that's exactly what i'm rooting for - I don't see it happening, but if Atlanta would give up 8 & 17 - and we still get De'Andre?? hot damn.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    that's exactly what i'm rooting for - I don't see it happening, but if Atlanta would give up 8 & 17 - and we still get De'Andre?? hot damn.
    I'd take it because of the flexibility. I wouldn't be mad at Hunter, even if I'm not nearly as hot on him as some on this board, but the #17 would give a shot at Bol Bol. Wouldn't feel good about taking Bol top ten, but as an extra-pick, high risk high reward? Yes please.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'd take it because of the flexibility. I wouldn't be mad at Hunter, even if I'm not nearly as hot on him as some on this board, but the #17 would give a shot at Bol Bol. Wouldn't feel good about taking Bol top ten, but as an extra-pick, high risk high reward? Yes please.
    Ugh I am so against grabbing Bol. His body SCREAMS career long injuries. He already has a ton of foot issues. Picking and developing college players is already difficult enough. Don’t need to add injury issues to that situation.

Trade the #4 and get 2 top ten picks this draft and someone’s 1st in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Ugh I am so against grabbing Bol. His body SCREAMS career long injuries. He already has a ton of foot issues. Picking and developing college players is already difficult enough. Don’t need to add injury issues to that situation.
    I would agree if in this scenario we didn't already have TWO safe picks.

As far as I'm concerned, if you have multiple first rounders you can afford one of them to be a risk. We would have, in that situation, three.

With #1, we're taking Zion, who is the safest possible prospect in the draft.
    In this scenario, we'd also be taking Hunter at #8, who is another relatively safe bet.

With two ''sure-fire'' bags, I don't see any problem with taking a risky, potentially very high reward move. Wouldn't do it if it was our only pick, but since it's just the cherry on top then I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by specialman View Post
    Trade the #4 and get 2 top ten picks this draft and someone’s 1st in 2020.
    That’s a lot of rookies. I think we got enough coming down the pipeline as it is. I would rather trade back and acquire future 1st at most. Gentry might have a stroke with 5 rookies to coach.

I got some news fellas...

Weedplate Wiggins is on the trade block.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

That contract aged well

I would like Hunter at 4. If we trade the pick to the ATL for 2 picks. I can see us going with Goga Bitadze and Cameron Johnson.

Minn: Hey... We got a young centerpiece up for trade... It's *cough* Wiggins *cough*

Pels desperately shopping the 4th pick for a star:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tZOS8.gif 
Views:	87 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	6439

WoW if our 4th pick is not traded this is only the 3rd time in the common draft era a team has had 2 of the top 4 picks. If we hit on our picks and/or traded we have the chance to build a dynasty that can be set up to be great for the next 10+ years. I like our window to compete for a championship in a wide open Western Conference in the immediate and long term future for this team. Some great assets like the 1st and 4th picks to help us do that..

Rockets in 1983 - 1st Ralph Sampson / 3rd Rodney McCray
    Cavaliers in 2011 - 1st Kyrie Irving / 4th Tristan Thompson
    Pelicans in 2019 - 1st Zion Williamson! / 4th ?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieZ View Post
    I would like Hunter at 4. If we trade the pick to the ATL for 2 picks. I can see us going with Goga Bitadze and Cameron Johnson.
    That is the exact combination I was thinking about. Wouldn't be surprised if Goga surpasses Jaxson Hayes as first big man selected.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I love the idea of grabbing BolBol especially now that we have been awarded Zion. IMO we have the luxury to go take a risk on someone who has potential to be one of the best players in this draft and a skill set that can be a serious threat for teams in the NBA. Yes he has some questions about staying healthy and not having a body ready for the NBA. I see BolBol for us similar to when teams draft a European player “euro stash” and don’t bring them over immediately allowing them to further develop for the NBA. We have just hired the best training staff in the NBA that can put together a program to add weight and strength to his frame while working on his body for injury prevention. I think his injuries are being way over exaggerated as if he is someone who is untouchable but I would take caution obviously and let our staff assess the scenario. It is very common for young players like him to have nagging injuries do to their bodies still growing. We can slowly bring him along until he is ready while getting him minutes to develop on our GLeague team. I think his talent is worth the risk even if it takes 2 years before he touches the floor. His skill set and potential is insane and to imagine him with Zion is scary.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I'd like to do a trade down with PHX/CHI if they really do covet that #4. Something like:

Pels: #6/#7 + 2020 1-6 protected, 13-30 reverse protected, if it doesn't convey then 2021 1-4 protected, 18-30 reverse protected, if it doesn't convey then 2022 unprotected.

PHX/CHI: #4, both our second rounders this year (we don't need them)

From there we have another future 1st coming our way and we can grab Coby White who can provide us with some badly needed shooting and potentially a successor to Jrue. Would be good next to Ball, or a great scorer as a 6th man. If he's off the board, maybe Doumbouya or Hunter or yeah, why not Bol Bol depending just on who is there.
    Last edited by donato; 06-17-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

Hey Minn. 4th pick + assets for KAT. Deal?

I watched a full high school game of Bol Bol. He's a big bust. Motor is on lawn mower status.

I wonder if the Knicks will do Knick things and pass on RJ.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

pick #4

A lot of you guys eager to build a team than can win the ncaa tournament or your 2k franchise in two years. Anyone else here afraid that underestimating the speed of Zion’s timetable could be walking him out of the door in 3 years? I mean if you’ve already decided to keep Jrue you should not be drafting any more rookies. I’m fine if we trade all of this year’s picks away (past 1) and one of the ones we got from the Lakers, the 2024 maybe. Just gimme a shooter like Niko and trade for a spacing vet center who can hit from 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RhythmNathan; 06-18-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    A lot of you guys eager to build a team than can win the ncaa tournament or your 2k franchise in two years. Anyone else here afraid that underestimating the speed of Zion’s timetable could be walking him out of the door in 3 years? I mean if you’ve already decided to keep Jrue you should not be drafting any more rookies. I’m fine if we trade all of this year’s picks away (past 1) and one of the ones we got from the Lakers, the 2024 maybe. Just gimme a shooter like Niko and trade for a spacing vet center who can hit from 3.

Are you nuts man? We're not building a team of voungish vets with Jrue as the core piece. You definitely double down on keeping Zion past at least his rookie contract

Dell Demps? The 2024 may be the most valuable pick as it is unprotected after Lebron leaves and has a deferment option.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I wonder if the Knicks will do Knick things and pass on RJ.
    Sweet baby Jesus i hope so

Per bleacher Pels are talking to the Hawks for the #8 and 10 for our #4. Got the update on my phone.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Per bleacher Pels are talking to the Hawks for the #8 and 10 for our #4. Got the update on my phone.
    Would be nice if they could throw in Huerter too - make it happen Griff!

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Pass. They offered that to Knicks and they turned them down. I would have to have Len and another future 1st before considering.

The 100% proven method of winning: trading all assets for young vets.

That has never failed for us before.

Thread Information