• Jarrett Culver

7 8.75%
  • Draft someone else

3 3.75%
  • Trade the pick

37 46.25%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: pick #4

How about trading up to get the 2nd pick for Ja Morant? We offer Lonzo Ball and two futrue 1st rounders that the lakers were offering us.

Quote Originally Posted by adoboman View Post
    How about trading up to get the 2nd pick for Ja Morant? We offer Lonzo Ball and two futrue 1st rounders that the lakers were offering us.
    Balls ceiling is potentially higher than his. Does not make sense to start giving up assets now. Hold tight this year. We can make moves next season.

How about nabbing Aaron Gordon?

Trade Hill, Moore, and the 4th pick for Gordon.

Then we'll be a couple of shooters from being legit. Like a Terrance Ross, Jeremy Lamb or JJ Reddick.

We're only days away from the draft !! I'm so excited!! ��

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    We're only days away from the draft !! I'm so excited!! ��
    Agreed. If we don’t hear anything on draft night, the picks to look out for are 4,6,7,8,10 and 17. I can see us trading back into any of those spots. Usually they announce any deals on draft night so we should be itk on the 20th

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Balls ceiling is potentially higher than his. Does not make sense to start giving up assets now. Hold tight this year. We can make moves next season.
    I agree. We don't need to make all of our moves in one summer. Draft Zion, draft whoever with the 4th pick or with whatever combo of picks we get from moving it (10+ 2020 Nets pick from Atlanta is still my hope), and then just go into the season with that and a FA or two. No need to try and steal the world at once.

One step at a time. Don't try to rush things.
    Basketball.

[QUOTE=Pelicanidae;1494693]
    Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post

Yeah, and drafts are not that unpredictable. Some players are: Cam Reddish is an example of a player who's a crapshoot. Could work it out and be great, could fail.

But there are players who are legit just safe picks. There are lots of them. Lebron was one. Wade was one. AD was one. Players you just saw, and maybe you don't know EXACTLY how good they're going to be, but you know they're going to be good. And lo and behold, they were.

Scouts aren't just guessing. They know what to look for. They're not just tossing darts at a board and saying ''oh man, hope this one works out''. They're seeing things and they are usually right.
    WOW , you just don't get what I was saying in the first place , Of course "Scouts aren't just guessing. They know what to look for. They're not just tossing darts at a board and saying ''oh man, hope this one works out''.
    C'mon man you are being facetious,You must be a lawyer LOL . The point IS it's NOT a science , If it were Wade would have been picked BEFORE the 4 guys that went before him or Kobe would have went BEFORE the 12 guys that were picked ahead of him. Not saying the draft is a not well educated guess and quite a few of these guys really know their stuff but it's NOT a SURE THING ,hence Crap shoot , My biggest point is JUST because we have the 4th pick in a draft where the "experts : say there are only 3 sure to good bet players that we or someone else that picks 4th or later won;t get a good, very good or even great player , It happens all the time , THAT was my point

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Unless we can move #4 for Beal or Lavine, we should draft Garland. I don't think trading #4 for multiple firsts and having 3+ rookies to develop (in addition to the 3 new members of the team) is a good idea.

No one is going to even mention Brandon Clarke? 6'8", elite athlete with 40+" vertical, high basketball IQ, high motor, tough two-way player who excelled as a weak side shot blocker.

He's being discounted because his wingspan is merely human. But he scores in the point and can guard 1-5. I love the idea of the Pels pairing Zion not with a traditional center but with another athletic freak forward who can defend and score...via draft net....

Bouncy, undersized big who plays with tremendous explosiveness and energy ... He is a strong finisher around the basket ... He’s shown the ability to score off the dribble ... He’s able to score from the low post against certain matchups ... He’s great at scoring on off ball motion plays ... He is a great rebounder, averaging over 8 a game the last couple years ... He is very good on the defensive end of the floor, as a help defender and on the ball ... An amazing shot blocker for a 6’8 forward, he averaged over 3 blocks per game this past season ... Along with the 3+ blocks, he averaged over 1 steal per game ... He has a non-stop motor to go along with his elte athleticism ... He has great timing when he goes to contest shots at the rim ... He rarely fouls despite contesting a lot of shots ... He’s rarely out of control despite how hard he plays ... He’s capable of switching screens and defending players on the perimeter ... In the NBA he’ll need that skill with how the game is played today ... He plays within himself and doesn’t take shots out of his skill set……. He has great touch around the basket ... He’s capable of guarding four different positions ... His athleticism can make him a great help defender at the next level ... He runs the floor very well in transition ... He’s a good finisher in traffic ...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Trade of the Day!

Suns
    Lonzo
    Solo

Bulls
    Pick #4
    Tyler Johnson

Pelicans
    LaVine
    Pick #6
    2020 top 4 protected Bulls 1st

Bulls select Garland
    Cavs select Culver
    Pels select Hunter
    Bulls select Reddish

Every team gets what they want....

Suns get PG to fill massive hole and a lesser salary to dump in Solo vs Johnson
    Bulls get the PG they want in Garland, keep the 7th pick, and can still add a wing. They also clear up future cap space by swapping LaVine for Johnson.
    Pels turn Lonzo and #4 ...into LaVine, 3&D wing at #6, another future 1st, and dump Solo.

Who says NO to this???

We should do a tournament like Hornets 247 did for the 10th pick in the 2012 draft.
    Jrue dat

Just seen a sweet mock:

Trade the pick & Solo Hill to Atlanta for 8, 17, & 35

8 DeAndre Hunter- seriously doubt that happens, no way he falls to 8. Supposedly the Hawks & Cavs really like him. But they had the Cavs taking Reddish at 5. That would be sick since that’s the guy I would take at 4 if we stay there. Think us taking Reddish would be a more likely pick there.

17 Bol Bol- he would probably be the perfect center to play with Zion due to him spacing the floor out since he’s a 3 point threat. He just scares me that he won’t be able to stay healthy. If he does though he could be a steal with his shot blocking & shooting. He’s a big time high risk, high reward pick for sure

Then getting rid of Solo’s contract would just be icing on the cake. I want 10, but if I can cut Solo lose to make room for free agency than I’m all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Just seen a sweet mock:

Trade the pick & Solo Hill to Atlanta for 8, 17, & 35

8 DeAndre Hunter- seriously doubt that happens, no way he falls to 8. Supposedly the Hawks & Cavs really like him. But they had the Cavs taking Reddish at 5. That would be sick since that’s the guy I would take at 4 if we stay there. Think us taking Reddish would be a more likely pick there.

17 Bol Bol- he would probably be the perfect center to play with Zion due to him spacing the floor out since he’s a 3 point threat. He just scares me that he won’t be able to stay healthy. If he does though he could be a steal with his shot blocking & shooting. He’s a big time high risk, high reward pick for sure

Then getting rid of Solo’s contract would just be icing on the cake. I want 10, but if I can cut Solo lose to make room for free agency than I’m all for that.
    Moving Solo really, really, really isn't a big deal.

Moving him now is a cost. Moving him at the deadline, he's an asset. Teams will want expirings at that point, and if they don't then we just free up his cap next summer instead of this summer. It doesn't matter that we have him on the cap now, because we aren't going to be a contending team and we don't know what our future will look like in detail yet, so trying to sign a free agent to big money is absurd. Especially when you consider which free agents will be available: KD is out for the year, wouldn't sign here anyway. Klay is out until February, wouldn't sign here anyway. Kawhi is probably staying in Toronto, Kyrie is going to Brooklyn, Kemba is going to either stay in Charlotte or take a max in NY.

Who are we freeing up cap space for? Vucevic? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by bustah View Post
    Fletcher reporting Bulls and Suns interested in Garland.

#4 for either #6 or #7 plus a protected 2020 pick.
    Similar to Dal/ATL trade.
    Watch Griff pressure it to be a 2021 with low protection. 2021 got a lot of great prospects. Our only chance at a big in 2020 is winning the Wiseman Sweepstakes... And that is probably super unlikely.

The Franchise
    Trade of the Day

Suns
    4th pick

Bulls
    Lonzo
    Hill

Hawks
    Pick #6

Pelicans
    Bridges
    LaVine
    Pick #7 - from Bulls
    Pick #8 - from Hawks
    Pick #17 - from Hawks

Then I’d trade Moore, 7, 8, and protected Bulls pick to Washington for Beal.

Jrue, Elfrid, Frank
    Beal, Lavine
    Ingram, Bridges
    Zion, Kenrich
    Okafor, Woods

Long wish list but if we could get Beal and Bridges by trading 4, Lonzo, and absorbing Lavine, I’d do it. I could see running the final 5 as Jrue, Beal, Lavine, Ingram, and Zion.

pick #4

Suns reportedly throwing around packages including TJ Warren, Josh Jackson, and the number six pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m hoping we keep the pick and draft Hunter.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Suns reportedly throwing around packages including TJ Warren, Josh Jackson, and the number six pick.

If you got Suns throwing a crazy package to get Garland. It might be the best to take him yourself. We and Phoenix are supposed to be title contenders within the next 4-5 years. I don't see the point of helping a squad like this. Dallas coveting Luka is another example. If a player is getting coveted. You may be on to something...
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-17-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I agree. We don't need to make all of our moves in one summer. Draft Zion, draft whoever with the 4th pick or with whatever combo of picks we get from moving it (10+ 2020 Nets pick from Atlanta is still my hope), and then just go into the season with that and a FA or two. No need to try and steal the world at once.

One step at a time. Don't try to rush things.
    Ahhh. Some patience and some reason! Fresh air to my sports lungs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Trade of the Day

Suns
    4th pick

Bulls
    Lonzo
    Hill

Hawks
    Pick #6

Pelicans
    Bridges
    LaVine
    Pick #7 - from Bulls
    Pick #8 - from Hawks
    Pick #17 - from Hawks

Then I’d trade Moore, 7, 8, and protected Bulls pick to Washington for Beal.

Jrue, Elfrid, Frank
    Beal, Lavine
    Ingram, Bridges
    Zion, Kenrich
    Okafor, Woods

Long wish list but if we could get Beal and Bridges by trading 4, Lonzo, and absorbing Lavine, I’d do it. I could see running the final 5 as Jrue, Beal, Lavine, Ingram, and Zion.

I thank god you are not our GM lol. Why are we going to give away assets and absorb a contract!?!? There is no reason to force the issue just to get Beal.

Yeah, TDCreator. I see you proposing several trades where the Bulls or Suns essentially trade their picks for Lonzo AND Hill.......this was never confirmed but the rumors were that the Suns and Bulls didn't want to trade those picks straight up for Ball. I believe this to be true or LA would have done that to sweeten the deal. So I highly doubt they do it now but also take Hill on with it.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Personally, since we made a blockbuster trade already... I think we make a small one at the draft. He wont make another big trade, I think he'll want to access how the team is building up. I think we trade the 4th pick and MAYBE a second rounder to the bulls for Lauri Markkinen. Makes since because they are HIGH on Garland I think they do this trade plus he and Lavine are on the trading block. It would get us some much needed scoring and spacing the floor. However defensive wise..... Meh.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    I really think people need to think harder about adding De'Andre Hunter at #4. We would have a truly elite defense for years to come.

Yes I'm biased. But man it would be sweet. Just pick up FA sharp-shooter or two and sit back and enjoy the ride.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I really think people need to think harder about adding De'Andre Hunter at #4. We would have a truly elite defense for years to come.

Yes I'm biased. But man it would be sweet. Just pick up FA sharp-shooter or two and sit back and enjoy the ride.
    I like Hunter, but I think if Pelicans have interest in him it makes sense to get whatever you can from a team like Phoenix or Chicago that might want Garland, and see if you can drop back a few and get him.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I like Hunter, but I think if Pelicans have interest in him it makes sense to get whatever you can from a team like Phoenix or Chicago that might want Garland, and see if you can drop back a few and get him.
    Agreed. Hunter honestly might not even go top 6. If Atlanta offers #8 and #17 for #4, then I take that trade, pick up Hunter at #8 if I really want him.

I could easily see him going behind Zion, RJ, Morant, Culver, Garland, White, and possibly a few other names as well.

Thread Information