• Jarrett Culver

7 8.75%
  • Draft someone else

3 3.75%
  • Trade the pick

37 46.25%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: pick #4

I think people are sleeping on Cam Reddish. Dude has a way better stroke than both Hunter & Culver. If he was a sophomore like those two, I think he would be above them for sure. Hell if he went to a different school he would be right up there with those two this year. He averaged 13.5 points per game with two guys that averaged over 20 on the same team. Culver & Hunter only averaged 11.2 and 9.2 respectively as freshman and that’s not with 2 top 3 picks on those rosters at Texas Tech & Virginia. Plus I like his size at 6’8” and close to 220 lbs. And I like that he played with Zion, so they already have some chemistry and it should make Zion more comfortable coming in as a rookie.

He had huge games against UNC twice and once against one of the best defensive teams in Florida St(which he also hit a game winning 3 against)

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I think people are sleeping on Cam Reddish. Dude has a way better stroke than both Hunter & Culver. If he was a sophomore like those two, I think he would be above them for sure. Hell if he went to a different school he would be right up there with those two this year. He averaged 13.5 points per game with two guys that averaged over 20 on the same team. Culver & Hunter only averaged 11.2 and 9.2 respectively as freshman and that’s not with 2 top 3 picks on those rosters at Texas Tech & Virginia. Plus I like his size at 6’8” and close to 220 lbs. And I like that he played with Zion, so they already have some chemistry and it should make Zion more comfortable coming in as a rookie.

He had huge games against UNC twice and once against one of the best defensive teams in Florida St(which he also hit a game winning 3 against)
    Cam Reddish has a fantastic stroke, when he's alone in a gym with nobody within 30 feet of him.

On the actual court, he changes his release when he's contested vs when he's open, which leads to incredibly inconsistent shooting. And unlike a broken shot, that's not a mechanical thing that can be fixed by a coach; he already has the shot, he just flinches almost when someone closes out on him and that's all mental game.

Combine that with the fact that despite his physical tools on defense, he's actually not a very good defender due to poor instincts and mediocre anticipation, and the fact that he is an all-time bad inside scorer (finishes at the rim worse than almost anyone in the last decade in college) he has a HUGE bust risk.

He could end up being good, no doubt, but there's a lot to figure out and the risks are real. Nobody is sleeping on him, most mock drafts have him going somewhere in the top ten, which is huge for a guy who can't score, has a mediocre-to-poor handle, shoots inconsistently, and can't defend.
    Basketball.

I’ve seen worse trades than that. The Rockets are not winning anything with their current roster. I could see them trying to move Capela & Gordon, so they could sign a max guy like DeMarcus Cousins or Jimmy Butler. Supposedly the whole team is on the trade block. I would blow it up by trading those two, then signing DeMarcus Cousins & drafting De’Andre Hunter who can play the 3 & 4. Gordon is not gonna ever start and you would need to replace his offense. Bring in Cousins with Hunter & Tucker at the forward spots with Harden & CP3 in the backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Cam Reddish has a fantastic stroke, when he's alone in a gym with nobody within 30 feet of him.

On the actual court, he changes his release when he's contested vs when he's open, which leads to incredibly inconsistent shooting. And unlike a broken shot, that's not a mechanical thing that can be fixed by a coach; he already has the shot, he just flinches almost when someone closes out on him and that's all mental game.

Combine that with the fact that despite his physical tools on defense, he's actually not a very good defender due to poor instincts and mediocre anticipation, and the fact that he is an all-time bad inside scorer (finishes at the rim worse than almost anyone in the last decade in college) he has a HUGE bust risk.

He could end up being good, no doubt, but there's a lot to figure out and the risks are real. Nobody is sleeping on him, most mock drafts have him going somewhere in the top ten, which is huge for a guy who can't score, has a mediocre-to-poor handle, shoots inconsistently, and can't defend.
    Out of those 3 wings, I think he will be the best shooter in the NBA by far. That’s just my opinion and I could be wrong. The other two are inconsistent shooters as well. Culver is not a good spot up shooter at all and shot well below 30% from 3 in the last 25 games or so this past year. He completely changed his shot mechanics from his freshman to sophomore season. He has to have the ball in his hands creating his own shot off the dribble. He seemed to turn down open shots to drive and take contested ones far too often. I don’t think he is a good fit at the 3 and should play the 2. I like his defense though, but don’t see him as a 3 & D type of wing. More of dribble drive creator and D lol. So he needs to have good shooters around him to be the most successful. Hunter is the same in his inconsistency at times. He got a lot of his points off easy baskets driving to the basket. Some games his shot is going and others it looks absolutely terrible. His shot was horrible in most of the tournament games, but put on a show in the title game. He’s not a great athlete, but Cam isn’t the greatest either. Culver is the better athlete of the 3 for sure. Hunter is another that likes to drive for most of his offense. I absolutely love his defense, but not sure if his offense is good enough for the next level. And when your not a quick twitch athlete at the 3, you better be a good shooter. He will be more successful as a Draymond type 4 than a 3 at the next level IMO.He only made 67 3s in 71 total games and Culver only made 49 this past year while Cam made 89.

I just think Cam put too much pressure on himself playing with those other 2 beasts. He was thinking too much and thought he had to make every shot he took cause he might not get as many to impress the scouts due to playing with Zion & RJ. I think with Jrue, Ball, & Zion, Cam would probably be the best fit cause I think he will be the better shooter out the bunch. Plus if we get another pick to take a big man than I think it’s a no brainer. If we got 8 & 10, I would take Hayes at 8 and either Reddish or Little if he didn’t make it to 10 cause we desperately need a center more than anything.

I see Hunter as a better fit as a Draymond type of 4 and see Culver as a better fit at 2 which we have our backup in Hart. Reddish is a pure 3, so yes I would rather him backing up Ingram than the other two.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-16-2019 at 12:57 AM.

I’d like to see us trade the 4th and a player for Beal if that’s doable. If not keep the pick and grab the best shooter available.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I’d like to see us trade the 4th and a player for Beal if that’s doable. If not keep the pick and grab the best shooter available.
    Welcome to the board!

The Beal deal isn't happening, I think. The #4 isn't enough, and Washington still doesn't actually have a GM.

I would try to flip it.
    Ball + #4 + 2021 Lakers pick for Barret
    Ball +#4 + hill + Moore + 2021 Lakers pick for Beal

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    I would try to flip it.
    That is way to much to move up one spot. I would take Culver over Barrett anyway.

I would try to flip it.
    That's awful.

I would try to flip it.
    If we're trying to get Beal, we don't make them take Hill lol. Unless it's for salary matching purposes

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    If we're trying to get Beal, we don't make them take Hill lol. Unless it's for salary matching purposes
    Its for salary purposes and its expiring contract so it doesn't have so much negative value.

As for others saying its too much for Barrett. Most NBA people think its a big gap after #3 pick in this years draft. I do not value Ball much since he hasnt showed anything yet and he had a lot injuries. Lakers 2021 pick will be 25-30 range.

Its for salary purposes and its expiring contract so it doesn't have so much negative value.

As for others saying its too much for Barrett. Most NBA people think its a big gap after #3 pick in this years draft. I do not value Ball much since he hasnt showed anything yet and he had a lot injuries. Lakers 2021 pick will be 25-30 range.
    The 2021 pick is top 8 protected for the pels, so if it’s in the 25-30 range it goes to 2022

There are a number of players that I would like at #4, but I assume that Griffin will try to move the pick for a player. The problem I am having is trying to come up with a fit, especially since we don't know what he intends to do with Ball/Ingram.

If we stay at 4 then give me Hunter. He can make spot up 3s and that is what we need.

Both he can Culver can score but Culver seems like he can only make a 3 off the dribble at the top of the Arch.

Personally, give me shooters over scorers in this draft. We have too much scoring on this team and no shooting.

My ideal would be to trade down and either grab Reddish or Bol Bol. If Bol can get over that injury and play like he did before he got hurt then that is the pick of the draft. I didnt realise how good he was until I watched Tacko and saw that he was bascially just tall. Bol is tall AND skilled. Really skilled. I think when you already have Zion for sure you can take the risk on Bol. Just not at #4.

On a side note, I dont like Garland for this team. He averaged 2.6 asts at PG which just screams Kyrie to me. We saw how Kyrie made a guy like Tatum dissapear. I just dont see he and Jrue working well together.

Edit: Final answer, I would love to trade with ATL for 2 of their picks. Everyone knows they are in love with Reddish and they may even give up 10 instead of 17 for him. Who knows. But either way you then take Bol and whoever the best shooter left is with the last pick. I would love that. It would be the safest route possible and give you the best chance to get upside without having to reach too much.
    Last edited by AD-AT; 06-16-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Bol Bol will always be an injury risk with his height and foot problems. He's gonna fall in this draft.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'd see if Atlanta want it for #10 and #17
    More like 8 and 10

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I would try to flip it.
    Worst trades ever.

Jarrett Culver. He's our SF

Basketball Guru
    give it to the suns for a future 1st and draft hunter....

Garland makes a lot of sense next to Jrue. Garland makes absolutely no sense next to Jrue and Lonzo. So, if we trade Lonzo, sign me up for Garland. But if we plan on keeping Zo around, then I'm begging for Hunter. He fills a ton of gaps that this team will likely have, is more mature than most of the other prospects at that spot which is a necessity with such a young team, and he has shown that he's more than willing to take a secondary role for the good of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Jarrett Culver. He's our SF
    Lol what about Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Lol what about Ingram
    He's a FA after this season and still somewhat of an unknown commodity. The only piece we're missing is a center, but no center projects as high as the 4th pick. Jaxon Hayes from Texas is probably the best center prospect in the draft and he's projected as a top 10, but not top 5 pick.

I would like to check with Portland and see what it would take to pry CJ from them. Ingram and #4+? Anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    He's a FA after this season and still somewhat of an unknown commodity. The only piece we're missing is a center, but no center projects as high as the 4th pick. Jaxon Hayes from Texas is probably the best center prospect in the draft and he's projected as a top 10, but not top 5 pick.
    Gotcha

Trade Lonzo to the Suns for the 6th pick. Move the 4th and 6th for Bradley Beal.
    If we keep the 4th pick I take Culver, Hunter, Bol Bol, or Garland in that order.

Thread Information