Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

I didn't know Ingram hated the Lakers more than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I didn't know Ingram hated the Lakers more than we do.
    I can bond with him over that mutual hatred.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I can bond with him over that mutual hatred.
    Lol

I’m on date night guys, can anyone give me the actual picks we are getting back protected /unprotected etc. so I can stop getting the meanest look I have ever seen on a person in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    I’m on date night guys, can anyone give me the actual picks we are getting back protected /unprotected etc. so I can stop getting the meanest look I have ever seen on a person in my life.
    I would tell you my friend, but we don't officially know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Lol
    ''Ingram... I hate your game. But as long as you hate LA... I will always root for you.''

Like a heartwarming scene in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Now it's more than just Ramona...

This is extremely important. I said the same thing when the Nets trade happened: If the Lakers ever fall apart from injuries or whatever, they'll be paralyzed without any real way to improve. If that ever happens the Pelican's LA picks will be incredibly valuable.

Weird how LA just paired Lebron with the best sidekick he's ever had, and somehow we still look like we won the trade.

LOL Dwight Howard is trending on Twitter

...we get to go McDonalds
    I think both teams are ok with the deal. If, and this is a huge if.....

the Lakers pull Kyrie or Kawhi to Lakers this offseason. Without this, I personally think the Lakers are run by morons. Put yourself in their shoes --- they gave away assets because they couldn't wait a single season.

I think both teams are ok with the deal. If, and this is a huge if.....

the Lakers pull Kyrie or Kawhi to Lakers this offseason. Without this, I personally think the Lakers are run by morons. Put yourself in their shoes --- they gave away assets because they couldn't wait a single season.
    Neither Kyrie nor Kawhi are going to the Lakers this offseason. That's my bet.

But it's still not a case of them giving away assets because they ''couldn't wait a single season''. They literally CANNOT wait a single season. If they did, Lebron would be 36, and they'd have had to waste ANOTHER year of his talents. There were leaks that if they couldn't secure someone in free agency, Lebron would consider asking for a trade, and Woj was reporting that LA was not at the top of ANYONE's FA list.

They had no choice.

Neither Kyrie nor Kawhi are going to the Lakers this offseason. That's my bet.

But it's still not a case of them giving away assets because they ''couldn't wait a single season''. They literally CANNOT wait a single season. If they did, Lebron would be 36, and they'd have had to waste ANOTHER year of his talents. There were leaks that if they couldn't secure someone in free agency, Lebron would consider asking for a trade, and Woj was reporting that LA was not at the top of ANYONE's FA list.

They had no choice.
    And this is where you need a top GM to sit his ****** down and let him know that it's a single season. He'll be fine, and in a year, he'd have AD + all these assets. Which he'll need so he doesn't play 40+ minutes a game. As it stands, he needs to rack up minutes in a deep western conference.

LeBron and company in a weird roundabout way set up the Pelicans better than ever before.

''Ingram... I hate your game. But as long as you hate LA... I will always root for you.''

Like a heartwarming scene in a movie.
    First NM and I became best friends today and now you and Ingram are bonding over your hatred of LAL.

And this is where you need a top GM to sit his ****** down and let him know that it's a single season. He'll be fine, and in a year, he'd have AD + all these assets. Which he'll need so he doesn't play 40+ minutes a game. As it stands, he needs to rack up minutes in a deep western conference.

LeBron and company in a weird roundabout way set up the Pelicans better than ever before.
    Father time is undefeated. It's no good telling someone who jsut missed the playoffs for the first time in 14 years ''wait longer, till you're even older''.

There's no guarantee they would even get AD in a year. They would have to sign players this year. If they signed those players for multi-year contracts, which is what it would take to get legitimate talent, then they wouldn't have the cap for AD anyway. There's a strong chance that for LA, it was now or never on Anthony Davis.

They want to win a ring, this is their best shot. Warriors out of the way. Cap space for potentially another FA. AD is on the table. They had to do it. No real choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    First NM and I became best friends today and now you and Ingram are bonding over your hatred of LAL.
    It's the magic of having the trade tension released.

******* fifth wheel, again!

Always alone.

In reality I have six year old quintuplets, a four year old, and a cool gamer wife. So I'm good.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I’m actually happy AD did this rather than not tell us anything and act like he wanted to be here then slap us in the face and go to LA, he actually did us a favor so I can’t even be mad at AD we got so much in the deal.

Father time is undefeated. It's no good telling someone who jsut missed the playoffs for the first time in 14 years ''wait longer, till you're even older''.

There's no guarantee they would even get AD in a year. They would have to sign players this year. If they signed those players for multi-year contracts, which is what it would take to get legitimate talent, then they wouldn't have the cap for AD anyway. There's a strong chance that for LA, it was now or never on Anthony Davis.

They want to win a ring, this is their best shot. Warriors out of the way. Cap space for potentially another FA. AD is on the table. They had to do it. No real choice.
    Yep, I see the point of view. And I disagree with it. If they don't win it this year, then it wasn't worth it. I'm meh on the deal from the Pels side. I'm meh+ if we get the swap rights. But if I'm a Lakers fan, I'm excited and pissed all at the same time.

Given the conditions the Rich Paul put us in, this is a pretty good return for AD.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I mean, they're making it sound like there's a second blockbuster trade attached. I mean, the draft picks are awesome. But when they phrase it that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I mean, they're making it sound like there's a second blockbuster trade attached. I mean, the draft picks are awesome. But when they phrase it that way...
    I am desperately willing, with all of my soul, despite absolutely NO reason to suspect that this will happen, that we trade Ingram + #4 to Atlanta for John Collins, #8, and #10.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I hate everything about that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Haha. Now Dae will bond with LeVar!!!

Thread Information