Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    u see my above post?
    Just saw it. Sounds like it's true... Hopefully. Lol. I'll believe it when Woj gives the full details.

Well.

I am giddy like moves are about to just start falling but in reality it will be days......even months if it involves players and future picks. Gotta calm myself.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Just got the news...lets gooooo!

now just imagine if we make the playoffs and they don't

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

No healthy Warriors.

Zion is on the team.

AD in LA, a marquee franchise?

You just know AD returns to New Orleans for a Christmas Day game.
    Basketball.

question is who we pick @ 4

I understand that none of us saw this because none of us are ridiculous enough to have wasted time watching the stupid Ball TV show.

But yeah... according to Lonzo, New Orleans is haunted and he doesn't wanna come here.

When you trade a top five talent and most are saying you easily won the trade . Great job Griffin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe anyone could possibly believe we still should have traded AD at the deadline....

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Hart vs Frank......who you got and why? I mean, I know we can keep both but who beats out who?
    Frank because he's our guy

We no longer have a PG shortage.

If those pack swaps are correct we may have significantly won a trade when trading away a top 5 player. Crazytimes!

Plus we still have Zion coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't believe anyone could possibly believe we still should have traded AD at the deadline....
    There will be someone that goes:

''Look! We traded him to LA anyway, and before the deadline they were offering FOUR firsts!!!''

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

''Look! We traded him to LA anyway, and before the deadline they were offering FOUR firsts!!!''
    Zubac alone was easily worth five.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

It's always funny who keeps wanting to debate this.

Wouldn't you rather debate Ingram vs Kenrich again? Or how great the Celtics package is because Ainge will be able to trade for AD before Kyrie leaves. Or how the NBA can't force us to play AD.

It's a good thing we don't live in a world where Anthony Davis got hurt playing 20 mpg for us after the deadline, and instead live in timeline where our 6% chance of winning the lottery actually cashed into the #1 pick.

I really don't want to debate this anymore. I'm 1000% happy with how things turned out. Great, even if predictable, trade by Griff. How do you feel about it?

Now we trade #4 to Atlanta for #8 and #10, trade Ball to Chicago for whatever, draft Zion, Chuma, and Bol, and use our $18.8m in cap to sign Bojan Bogdanovic to stretch the floor and resign Payton.

Roll out

Payton/Hart/Moore
    Jrue/Bogdanovic/Jackson
    Ingram/Chuma/Kenrich
    Zion/Wood
    Bol Bol/Okafor

Still shooting issues, sure, but... picks picks picks picks. I can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Zubac alone was easily worth five.
    *breaks glass bottle on the ground*

How dare you not mention our savior Josh Hart.

Speaking of Hart.... How did Hart. Play 2
    5mpg and average less than 8 points a game? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Great, even if predictable, trade by Griff. How do you feel about it?
    Depends on the next step. If Griff just folds his hands and says that's it, then I'm kind of whatever about it. Glad that we got 3 firsties, not a fan of the players.

If he makes an extra move, maybe packaging Ingram or Ball for something I like better, then I like the trade a lot.

If he makes an extra move, AND Shelburne's report of the picks including pick swap rights is true, then I love the trade.

That's my view.

Speaking of Hart.... How did Hart. Play 2
    5mpg and average less than 8 points a game? Lol.
    From what I've read/heard he played injured most of the year.

From what I've read/heard he played injured most of the year.
    That would make sense.

That would make sense.
    ...So you're telling me all three LA players we got in this trade are injured?

Depends on the next step. If Griff just folds his hands and says that's it, then I'm kind of whatever about it. Glad that we got 3 firsties, not a fan of the players.

If he makes an extra move, maybe packaging Ingram or Ball for something I like better, then I like the trade a lot.

If he makes an extra move, AND Shelburne's report of the picks including pick swap rights is true, then I love the trade.

That's my view.
    Depending on what he could flip them for, I'm not tied to any of the Laker players. I would just caution that they're better than the opinion folks here have of them, and if for some reason he has to sell them low, I'd rather hold on to them - let them raise their stock playing in our organization - AND THEN flip them when they raise their value. Ingram could legitimately average 26-6-6 in Gentry's system. I'd rather trade him after showcasing him than to trade him now unless I can get good value.

Lonzo is whatever. I think he could be great defensively and pushing pace. But we could also flip Lonzo and draft Garland or White and I'd be thrilled.

I'm assuming that's why the Lakers gave away the next 7 years of their future.

All 3 had injuries during the season. No different than AD and Jrue having injuries every season. It's a grind. Hopefully our medical staff can reduce injuries going forward.

All 3 had injuries during the season. No different than AD and Jrue having injuries every season. It's a grind. Hopefully our medical staff can reduce injuries going forward.
    Nah, I don't think that's the same.

AD played less games this year than he should have, partially due to injury sure but also because we did hold him out for like 2 weeks after all-star break, and shut him down a couple of games early. The previous two years before that, he played 75 games both years.

Jrue played at least 67 games the last three years, including 81 games last year.

Ball has not played in more than 52 games in a season yet. Ingram has played less than 60 games both of the last two years. It's a little different.

That said, it doesn't really matter that much since I assume we're moving at least one of Ingram or Ball, so I don't care. The comment was mostly a joke.

Thread Information