Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    thaaaat would be beautiful i might actually cry if we were that petty

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I don't think we will because if Griff is serious about moving any of the LA pieces, he will probably want to do so ASAP in order to control who is drafted with any other picks that get involved, but it's funny to consider.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The fact that that's possible is brutal.

Like Shamit said, if this deal IS filled with these pick swaps, then with Lebron being about to turn 35 this season, the Lakers may have just Billy King'd themselves.
    What happens if AD plays for 1 season and ends up absolutely HATING the Lakers? That's what makes this trade (especially if pick swap rights are true) crazy. Or what if AD only signs a 1-2 year deal and leaves after LBJ?

I mean SO MUCH could happen in LA that could absolutely torpedo their team and we will have their 1sts through it all.

I don't think we will because if Griff is serious about moving any of the LA pieces, he will probably want to do so ASAP in order to control who is drafted with any other picks that get involved, but it's funny to consider.
    let a man dream damn you!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    On a tablet and I'm dumb and don't know how. Search on instagram for Brandon Ingram and it's first result. Check his story. And for hart... I saw it on twitter. Andrew Lopez linked it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What happens if AD plays for 1 season and ends up absolutely HATING the Lakers? That's what makes this trade (especially if pick swap rights are true) crazy. Or what if AD only signs a 1-2 year deal and leaves after LBJ?

I mean SO MUCH could happen in LA that could absolutely torpedo their team and we will have their 1sts through it all.
    or even they just aren't that good or like ad is prone too gets hurt

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Thankya kindly

*cough*

*cough*

Sounds like he's uhhhh... keeping his options open.

Pick swap ins cool option so long as the Lakers take a dip in the next 3-5years and the Pelicans take off. Otherwise we won't even bother.

damn I might end liking him as the best piece in the trade lol

...we get to go McDonalds
    If we keep 4 and everyone stays, Garland is not an option.

1. We have Ball at PG
    2. Hart is backup (eh, maybe not)
    3. Jrue can play backup PG
    4. He's a Rich Paul client, who at this point, isn't welcome in New Orleans. He's close to Roger Goodell level. He will get murked.

I'm not assuming any other deals get done. I hope I'm wrong.

let a man dream damn you!

You have been quite, lately. Missed you and the Australian peeps.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

or even they just aren't that good or like ad is prone too gets hurt

Yep. The pick swap rights thing is insane if true. You can basically field as competitive of a team as you want and then look at how the lottery played out this year with teams jumping up. So the Lakers end up being bad or even just bad enough to get into the lottery and they make a jump up....

And we get the pick. And for 7 years having control over their pick? That's flipping crazy if true.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Pick swap ins cool option so long as the Lakers take a dip in the next 3-5years and the Pelicans take off. Otherwise we won't even bother.
    Luckily, there's a decent likelihood of those things happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    If we keep 4 and everyone stays, Garland is not an option.

1. We have Ball at PG
    2. Hart is backup (eh, maybe not)
    3. Jrue can play backup PG
    4. He's a Rich Paul client, who at this point, isn't welcome in New Orleans. He's close to Roger Goodell level. He will get murked.

I'm not assuming any other deals get done. I hope I'm wrong.
    That's why I'm totally happen to see if ATL would consider swapping #4 for #10 and #17.

Then we take Chuma Okeke and Bol Bol. That gives us another SF, one who can defend very well and legitimately shoot, and another legit big who can block shots and also legitimately shoot.

Shooting shooting shooting at multiple positions.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    You have been quite, lately. Missed you and the Australian peeps.
    lol, have you seen this place the last few weeks? threads were jist going nuts lol

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I mean it's literally everything they could offer us outside of Kuzma. Absolutely nothing else could have been included (you can only trade 1st round picks up to 6 years in the future so if we got 19, 21, 23 we literally couldn't have gotten a 4th from them). Plus all their young players, AND pick swap rights? It's a huge deal. Massive.

That's why I'm totally happen to see if ATL would consider swapping #4 for #10 and #17.

Then we take Chuma Okeke and Bol Bol. That gives us another SF, one who can defend very well and legitimately shoot, and another legit big who can block shots and also legitimately shoot.

Shooting shooting shooting at multiple positions.
    I don't think we make that trade. Historically, 4 carries more value than 10+17.

I mean it's literally everything they could offer us outside of Kuzma. Absolutely nothing else could have been included (you can only trade 1st round picks up to 6 years in the future so if we got 19, 21, 23 we literally couldn't have gotten a 4th from them). Plus all their young players, AND pick swap rights? It's a huge deal. Massive.
    Do we know swap rights are for sure involved? I'm not assuming anything.

I don't think we make that trade. Historically, 4 carries more value than 10+17.
    Sure, but for us, in our position?

Nah. There's no sure fire prospects at #4 except maybe Culver, and Culver is no sure fire shooter, which we desperately need. Rather trade down and get the opportunity to try and get multiple bites at the cherry for shooters with upside.

Do we know swap rights are for sure involved? I'm not assuming anything.
    Shelburne tweeted it. She's generally pretty good on LA stuff, but she's the only one, so who knows?

Intriguing.

I'm going through extreme mood-swings right now.

If we keep Ball and Ingram, no further trades, and there's no pick swaps, then I hate it.

If we make another move, then I like it.

If we make another move AND got the pick swaps, then I love it.

I don't know what to feel yet. Too much uncertainty.
    My exact feelings

Sure, but for us, in our position?

Nah. There's no sure fire prospects at #4 except maybe Culver, and Culver is no sure fire shooter, which we desperately need. Rather trade down and get the opportunity to try and get multiple bites at the cherry for shooters with upside.
    For once, I'm telling you: I think you undershot our trade.

If we move 4 to Hawks, I'd expect it to be 8 + 17 or even 8 + 10.

Intriguing.
    I really feel like these kids could step up big time getting away from that cesspool.

If we flip them, we flip them.....but I think they'll be loadd better here than they were there.

Shelburne tweeted it. She's generally pretty good on LA stuff, but she's the only one, so who knows?
    Definitely is. But until there's other reports, I'm taking trade on face value. Lets pray together lol

Thread Information