Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

IF TRUE

Need to repeat: I don't know if the pick swaps are legit yet.

Ramona Shelburne tweeted it, and she's generally pretty decent on LA news, but it wasn't mentioned in the Wojbomb.

Can anyone provide addition sourcing for the swaps?
    Basketball.

I'm going through extreme mood-swings right now.

If we keep Ball and Ingram, no further trades, and there's no pick swaps, then I hate it.

If we make another move, then I like it.

If we make another move AND got the pick swaps, then I love it.

I don't know what to feel yet. Too much uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So Boston did back out

Which makes the Lakers look like even bigger suckers falling for Griff's "Pick Swap" magic. My God the guy is a genius.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm going through extreme mood-swings right now.

If we keep Ball and Ingram, no further trades, and there's no pick swaps, then I hate it.

If we make another move, then I like it.

If we make another move AND got the pick swaps, then I love it.

I don't know what to feel yet. Too much uncertainty.
    Deep breaths. Soft focus. Think positive. Remember Griff ain't Dell - all of a sudden we are recouping all of our lost 1st rounders in a single trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So Boston did back out

I think this is Boston doing damage control wince Tatum is now on their team. A lot better to say, "we refused to deal you" than "we were totally going to trade you but got turned down".

maaaan I hate that it's the Lakers but we just raped their desperate asses

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

If Griff moves Ingram and the 2021 LA pick for John Collins, and DID get the swap rights, then can he be named Executive of the Year despite not taking the job until like three months ago?

Does this mean that... ultimately... the Nets won the Billy King trade?

Ainge never reached a finals with any of those assets, never won another championship, and the Nets fought back into the playoffs without any of those assets AND will probably steal Ainge's superstar this offseason.

Griff ain't even picked up the phone until Pelinka threw three firsts on the table

If Griff moves Ingram and the 2021 LA pick for John Collins, and DID get the swap rights, then can he be named Executive of the Year despite not taking the job until like three months ago?
    Imagine... 3 years from now. We got like the 26th pick. We trade to the 30pick. Then, swap back into the lotto at the 6th pick.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    From their instagram stories both hart and Ingram seem happy. Hart's smiling like a goofball and Ingram posted a big smiley emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Imagine... 3 years from now. We got like the 26th pick. We trade to the 30pick. Then, swap back into the lotto at the 6th pick.
    The fact that that's possible is brutal.

Like Shamit said, if this deal IS filled with these pick swaps, then with Lebron being about to turn 35 this season, the Lakers may have just Billy King'd themselves.

ATL, you can have #4 for #10 and #17.

The fact that that's possible is brutal.

Like Shamit said, if this deal IS filled with these pick swaps, then with Lebron being about to turn 35 this season, the Lakers may have just Billy King'd themselves.
    I think there is more movement coming and the swaps are legit. This deal is not yet complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'm not sure you can trade your pick and THEN swap back. Basically you choose which pick you will accept out of yours and the Lakers and then that's your pick.

I could be wrong but I think the rules say something along the lines of basically "you receive the better of your and the Lakers pick". Or something like that. So we'd already have #6 in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    I think there is more movement coming and the swaps are legit. This deal is not yet complete.
    Like I said, my mental state is in limbo right now because of the unclear reality of this trade.

If we make another good move, and we DID get the pick swaps, then this was a phenomenal deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm not sure you can trade your pick and THEN swap back. Basically you choose which pick you will accept out of yours and the Lakers and then that's your pick.

I could be wrong but I think the rules say something along the lines of basically "you receive the better of your and the Lakers pick". Or something like that. So we'd already have #6 in that scenario.
    I believe this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    From their instagram stories both hart and Ingram seem happy. Hart's smiling like a goofball and Ingram posted a big smiley emoji.
    links man links

thaaaat would be beautiful i might actually cry if we were that petty

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    links man links

On a tablet and I'm dumb and don't know how. Search on instagram for Brandon Ingram and it's first result. Check his story. And for hart... I saw it on twitter. Andrew Lopez linked it I think.

Thread Information