Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I believe in you my brother.
    Given that Scott Kushner and Duncan have been tweeting that Griff isn't done, I would not be surprised.

I'd rather keep Ball over Ingram, but I'd much prefer one of them get moved so I can swallow my tongue if it's Ball for something good.
    Basketball.

Pick swaps?!?! Genius if true.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nah, that's not what it means.

It means if in, say, 2025 we have the #11 pick and LA has the #7 pick, we can choose to swap them, so we pick higher.
    But the math doesn’t add up, that would let us control them for 5 years not 7, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Calling it now. Ball and two of those firsts for Beal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have been saying this for months.. If this happens we will be competing for championships now.. NBA is wide open next year.. I promise you the Lakers don’t wanna see... That team can be very good and in a year scary..
    Another scenario would be is we trade Ball for #6 with the Suns and move the 6th and 4th to jump up to #3 with the Knicks and take RJ? I still take the Beal deal but that would be my 2nd favorite.

Jrue/Frank
    Beal/Hart
    Ingram/Keinrich
    Zion/Wood
    Okafor/Diallo
    This team would be scary!

What’s gonna be funny is when we go in there and whip the Lakers next year that’s gonna be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said in the other thread, if Atlanta take the #4 in exchange for #10 and #17, you take it. Draft Okeke and Bol Bol. Instant shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I believe in you my brother.
    Yeah he wouldn’t, couldn’t say for what or who, but he said Lonzo is gone

So Boston did back out

Nah, that's not what it means.

It means if in, say, 2025 we have the #11 pick and LA has the #7 pick, we can choose to swap them, so we pick higher.
    But wouldn’t we already have the 5th pick and the 11th pick since we own that first rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    But the math doesn’t add up, that would let us control them for 5 years not 7, interesting.
    I just picked an example year. In reality, it's like this:

If we received the #4, and the LA 2021 and 2023 FRP

Then it would give us the right to swap our pick with theirs in 2020, 2022, 2024, and 2025.

That either gives us directly their pick, or allows us to swap for it, in the 2019, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25 draft. That's 7 drafts.

But wouldn’t we already have the 5th pick and the 11th pick since we own that first rounder?
    Maybe, we don't know yet WHICH of their firsts they are sending us.

Or does it mean that the years we don’t have their 1st rounder we still have the power to swap with them? If so, nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This is only relevant if the Pel's finish with a better record than the Lakers...no?
    Yes correct but we basically get 3 first round picks from them AND 4 years of pick swap rights...

Look what just happened to Golden State. If Bron and/or AD go down for significant time a year where we thought we'd keep our own pick could turn into a HUGE gain if the Lakers are bad.

Again, I'm waiting to make sure this is true but this trade is nearly unheard-of if we got 3 frps and pick swap rights for the years in between.

Hahahahha!!!

But was does Billy King'd mean?

And yeah. I mean. We really don't know anything until we see what all these picks are.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Or does it mean that the years we don’t have their 1st rounder we still have the power to swap with them? If so, nice!!
    Basically, the next 7 years, the Pelicans have the Lakers pick if we want them to? Didn't know you could owe someone picks more the one year in a row. Unless this is a loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Hahahahha!!!

Billy King was the GM of the Nets when Ainge robbed them blind and ruined them for years and years.

I just picked an example year. In reality, it's like this:

If we received the #4, and the LA 2021 and 2023 FRP

Then it would give us the right to swap our pick with theirs in 2020, 2022, 2024, and 2025.

That either gives us directly their pick, or allows us to swap for it, in the 2019, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25 draft. That's 7 drafts.
    Ahhhhh nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Basically, the next 7 years, the Pelicans have the Lakers pick if we want them to? Didn't know you could owe someone picks more the one year in a row. Unless this is a loophole.
    Pick swap rights is a loophole, because it doesn't take their FRP away from them, it just essentially swaps it down.

So if we had #11, and they had #6, and we wanted to swap, we'd get #6 and they'd get #11, but it's not them losing their pick because they still get a FRP of their own in that year. Just changes the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Hahahahha!!!

Billy King was the GM of the Nets when they did the absurd trade that made the the Celtics who they are today. I mean, we were literally just talking about trading for the last of the Celtic's assets from that trade. That happened in 2013. 6 years later and the Nets are just pulling themselves out of it.

If true that is freaking amazing, holy crap.

Billy King was the GM of the Nets when Ainge robbed them blind and ruined them for years and years.
    Ah ok. Sadly. The Lakers and Knicks are in a different plane of existence. While a franchise like us has to stay competitive just to stay in the same city, those teams can **** away picks as much as they want and be abysmal for years yet high profile players will always flock to keep them relevant.

We still win, though.

7 years of picks or swaps woahhhhh. Yeah, we won.

Okay. So that makes this trade way better than we could've hoped. I mean, the Lakers basically better win a title in the next two years or so.

Which I'm not confident they can do.

Thread Information