Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Like I said, if Griff has more up his sleeve, I can take it. If he flips Ingram and the 2021 LA pick for John Collins or something, I'll concede he was playing chess instead of checkers.

But I don't hold out much hope for Ball, and I don't think the risk of Ingram with his massive, massive flaws is worth taking. If any of the picks we got from LA have protections, or if one of them is the 2020, then I think we've set ourselves up for a robbery.
    At some point you have to take what teams give you. It's clear Ainge tried to get cute YET AGAIN and missed out because of it.

If we make another trade, then Culver. If we keep both Ball and Ingram, then Garland. Desperate for shooting in that case.
    What do you think about Hunter ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The biggest thing this tells me is Ainge missed out YET AGAIN. How long before the Celtics turn on him for not getting a superstar.... AGAIN?

Fans can say they want to build around their core but bringing back the exact same team minus Kyrie and getting bounced early in the playoffs are going to turn a lot of people against Ainge. Yet again he has valued his assets over making a move and he's about to get stuck with his team... Rozier has to get paid this offseason, Brown and Tatum the next two. Unless somebody develops into a superstar or the get super lucky in the draft they are going to be a mid tier team.
    AD isn't Kawhi. Plus they are losing Irving and potentially Horford and Morris. This isn't the same team that can win with the addition of one good player. Plus the East is going to be much more difficult next year. Ainge did the right thing. His chance was getting Leonard last year. No need and making a mistake this year that Kawhi ship has sailed.

This is a happy day in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Never doubt the injury bug won't decimate this super team with no depth. Old man Lebron and glass man AD.
    Exactly....Davis won't be around for 20+ games.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Like I said, if Griff has more up his sleeve, I can take it. If he flips Ingram and the 2021 LA pick for John Collins or something, I'll concede he was playing chess instead of checkers.

But I don't hold out much hope for Ball, and I don't think the risk of Ingram with his massive, massive flaws is worth taking. If any of the picks we got from LA have protections, or if one of them is the 2020, then I think we've set ourselves up for a robbery.
    At some point you've got to take what teams give you. Ainge got cute AGAIN and missed out on the superstar. 3 picks, one being #4 is a haul for 1 year left of AD.

I'd love to have made a deal with the Celtics but it takes two to make a deal happen. Let's wait and see what Griff does.

Take it for what it’s worth, and I don’t post often, have a buddy that works in the pels organization, just told me Lonzo is getting sent elsewhere. Take it for what it’s worth

we'll see if this trade pans. i thought the lakers offered more players including Kuzma and were willing to take on Solomon hill's contract back during the deadline.

When you really back up from the months we've been in this....and I know AD is elite....that is a HUUUUUUGE haul fot a guy with one year left on his deal.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I complained about Solomon Hill, I complained about Julius Randle, I complained about Boogie when he was bad, I complained about AD half-assing this season, and I complained about Rondo when he couldn't be bothered.

If I gave Anthony Davis, Rajon Rondo, Julius Randle, and Demarcus Cousin trash for not performing, what makes you think I'm gonna just start shedding tears of joy over Brandon ''Blood Clots'' Ingram?
    LoL wow

You just won’t be able to ever enjoy the Pelicans now even if Ingram turns into KD. Nothing will be good enough but I will enjoy watching him become a star in a Pelicans uniform along with many others!

Calling it now. Ball and two of those firsts for Beal

Okay, this is interesting.

Pick swaps?
    Wait.....

What?!?!?!!!! The Lakers gave us pick swap rights for the years in between the picks they gave us so we will get the best draft pick between the two of us for 7 years?????

Dude if that's true that's a freaking haul!

Griff flips #4 and Ball for Wizards #9 and Beal? Soinds feasible and good too. Lakers are still a dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Calling it now. Ball and two of those firsts for Beal

I sure hope not

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Take it for what it’s worth, and I don’t post often, have a buddy that works in the pels organization, just told me Lonzo is getting sent elsewhere. Take it for what it’s worth
    We already know this.. We flipping these birds for better assets

Wait.....

What?!?!?!!!! The Lakers gave us pick swap rights for the years in between the picks they gave us so we will get the best draft pick between the two of us for 7 years?????

Yea wow that is incredible!! Never heard of something like that!!

Wait.....

Im guessing if we don’t like where the pick ends up we can choose to move it down the road to the following year

Wait.....

I don't know, I haven't seen anyone but Shelburne mention that, but yeah you're right. It's the cliche, but here we go:

Huge if true.
    Basketball.

Wait.....

This is only relevant if the Pel's finish with a better record than the Lakers...no?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Super team of the next 3 years at least

Rondo/Butler/James/Kuzma/AD
    Can three of those guys even make it through a complete season?

Im guessing if we don’t like where the pick ends up we can choose to move it down the road to the following year
    Nah, that's not what it means.

It means if in, say, 2025 we have the #11 pick and LA has the #7 pick, we can choose to swap them, so we pick higher.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I believe in you my brother.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This is only relevant if the Pel's finish with a better record than the Lakers...no?
    Yes but remember LeBron is getting older and AD is fragile. So it’s a worth a roll of the dice

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    What do you think about Hunter ?

I think Hunter has some potential, but I think one of the riskiest things in a draft is a player whose primary selling point is that they have a ''high floor''.

It's usually code for ''limited upside''. I think that's true with Hunter. He's never going to be a star, star player. I think he would be a good pick, but not a great pick.

Thread Information