Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

time to watch lonzo and ingram highlight videos......................

Let’s be positive and see what happens we don’t have to post seven different negative post just go somewhere and sit down they are Pelicans now ans they will be Pelicans , Griffin likens Ingram and Gentry likes Ball get over it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it!!
    Would have liked to get Kuzma but that’s fine.

I would love to keep Lonzo if his dad stays out of it like he has lately and Lonzo becomes all in with what Griffin wants. I believe Lonzo can develop into an all around very good PG who if can ever shoot is a star. If not we have a very valuable trade piece in Lonzo along with future 1st round picks that quite a few teams would be very interested in.. Lonzo could thrive in Gentry’s system with the talent he will have around him. Lonzo and Jrue is instantly the best defensive back court hands down. The compliment each other fairly well.

Ideal scenario is we move Balll and 1-2 future 1st for Bradley Beal. The Wizards get their future PG and replacement for Wall along with draft picks. Wall they can also trade as well gathering assets to start a rebuild. The Pelicans get an all star SG that compliments Jrue/Ingram/Zion perfectly. Both teams win in this scenario. Also a possibility is Lonzo is moved for the 6th pick to the Suns which we can then use to flip to someone like the Wizards who would like to go a different route from Ball.

With Josh Hart we have a direct replacement for Moore who is much cheaper and imo going to be a stud next season. Perfect 3&D SG off the bench to play in the back court with Frank Jackson. Exciting bench duo right there imo. Won a NCAA Chanpionsip at Villanova as one of their best players. He’s going to be a very good NBA player for a long time.

Then of course we come to Ingram. Obviously our Docs have given him a 100% go or we don’t make this deal. This kid is going to be a flat out star and will compliment Zion in a similar way as RJ but even better. Ingram looks to become a deadly shooter from 3 and someone who can play point forward creating for others. I expect him to maybe start off slow not being able to do basketball activities this offseason but around the all star break or sooner we will see the young star we just landed in Ingram!

We also have quite a few draft picks along with the 4th pick in this years draft. We have the chance to draft someone who fits in exactly with what we need. Lots of good players that will be available in this spot. I think ultimately this pick is trade for another star caliber player. Either way very exciting to see who we get and what we d!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-15-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If Griff flips something like Ingram and the Lakers 2022 pick for John Collins, I forgive him.
    It's possible. Man. Griff has an absolute arsenal of assets to work with. Making our scouting and development departments top notch is paramount. But he really does have the ammunition to do some great wheeling and dealing. It's like the exact opposite of Life with Dell.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Let’s be positive and see what happens we don’t have to post seven different negative post just go somewhere and sit down they are Pelicans now ans they will be Pelicans , Griffin likens Ingram and Gentry likes Ball get over it .

I complained about Solomon Hill, I complained about Julius Randle, I complained about Boogie when he was bad, I complained about AD half-assing this season, and I complained about Rondo when he couldn't be bothered.

If I gave Anthony Davis, Rajon Rondo, Julius Randle, and Demarcus Cousin trash for not performing, what makes you think I'm gonna just start shedding tears of joy over Brandon ''Blood Clots'' Ingram?
    Basketball.

This is truly Lebrons league now . The future is looking really bright for us though. I wonder what we do with all these picks now.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There was good and bad with any trade.

Frankly, I'm not too worried about giving the Lakers AD. If it were the Clippers, Blazers, or Nuggets, I'd worry. But the Lakers have pretenders calling the shots. And LeBron is on the downward slide of his career. It wouldn't surprise me if those picks we got are tremendous assets for us. Plus, we probably will flip Ball.

Wow, what a horrible, depressingly underwhelming return.
    Dude.

I don't think we could have asked for a much bigger haul from the Lakers. It's everything they could basically offer including three 1st round picks, the only thing they held back was Kuzma but instead we got 3 picks. 1 which is #4, then we will have 4 years for the last one... They could be utter trash in 4 years.

I'm not a huge fan of Ingram and Ball... At all but I expect Griff isn't done dealing yet either.

They still have $30m in cap space

Laker's have their pick. Don't be surprised if they sign Kemba or Butler.

And if they miss on the free agents, they can take their $30m and sign multiple decent roleplayers.

Lakers will be a 45-50 win team next year. If we have their 2020 pick as part of this agreement, it's going to be worth less than the Boston #22 pick was this year.
    Why would we want a 2020 pick. That's Bush league. We should want 2021 and 2023.

Super team of the next 3 years at least

Rondo/Butler/James/Kuzma/AD

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why would we want a 2020 pick. That's Bush league. We should want 2021 and 2023.
    I agree, that's what we SHOULD be wanting, but we don't actually know which years we got yet.

It sounds like it will be done July 6th.

So speculating 2020 and 2022 for the other 1sts.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I'm so pissed that Tatum isn't coming here. I hate that LeBron got what he wanted. But hey, I'm staying positive. I'm actually a bigger Josh Hart fan than most.
    This means the reports of Kyrie going to Brooklyn are almost a certainty, and the Celtics will build around Tatum instead of trading him. They couldn't give lose Kyrie this year, AD next, and give up Tatum too.

WTF didn't the Lakers just draft Tatum instead of Ball and i'd be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Dude.

I don't think we could have asked for a much bigger haul from the Lakers. It's everything they could basically offer including three 1st round picks, the only thing they held back was Kuzma but instead we got 3 picks. 1 which is #4, then we will have 4 years for the last one... They could be utter trash in 4 years.

I'm not a huge fan of Ingram and Ball... At all but I expect Griff isn't done dealing yet either.
    Like I said, if Griff has more up his sleeve, I can take it. If he flips Ingram and the 2021 LA pick for John Collins or something, I'll concede he was playing chess instead of checkers.

But I don't hold out much hope for Ball, and I don't think the risk of Ingram with his massive, massive flaws is worth taking. If any of the picks we got from LA have protections, or if one of them is the 2020, then I think we've set ourselves up for a robbery.

I hope Ball, Ingram, and Hart come in with a chip on their shoulder that Gentry can tap.

Okay, this is interesting.

Pick swaps?

I complained about Solomon Hill, I complained about Julius Randle, I complained about Boogie when he was bad, I complained about AD half-assing this season, and I complained about Rondo when he couldn't be bothered.

If I gave Anthony Davis, Rajon Rondo, Julius Randle, and Demarcus Cousin trash for not performing, what makes you think I'm gonna just start shedding tears of joy over Brandon ''Blood Clots'' Ingram?
    Yep your right you complain about everything , how about let’s just give it a chance you may be surprised this will be a good team . Who do we take at 4 ??

Please be true.

Everyone happy

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Yep your right you complain about everything , how about let’s just give it a chance you may be surprised this will be a good team . Who do we take at 4 ??

If we make another trade, then Culver. If we keep both Ball and Ingram, then Garland. Desperate for shooting in that case.

The biggest thing this tells me is Ainge missed out YET AGAIN. How long before the Celtics turn on him for not getting a superstar.... AGAIN?

Fans can say they want to build around their core but bringing back the exact same team minus Kyrie and getting bounced early in the playoffs are going to turn a lot of people against Ainge. Yet again he has valued his assets over making a move and he's about to get stuck with his team... Rozier has to get paid this offseason, Brown and Tatum the next two. Unless somebody develops into a superstar or the get super lucky in the draft they are going to be a mid tier team.

Hopefully the theme of guys leaving the Lakers and turning into ballers continues. Hopefully we can turn Jrue into the Suns 6th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The biggest thing this tells me is Ainge missed out YET AGAIN. How long before the Celtics turn on him for not getting a superstar.... AGAIN?

Fans can say they want to build around their core but bringing back the exact same team minus Kyrie and getting bounced early in the playoffs are going to turn a lot of people against Ainge. Yet again he has valued his assets over making a move and he's about to get stuck with his team... Rozier has to get paid this offseason, Brown and Tatum the next two. Unless somebody develops into a superstar or the get super lucky in the draft they are going to be a mid tier team.
    All that dude cares about is media perception and winning trades not winning championships

Man... Come on Griff

Thread Information