Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He doesn't believe that's a possibility.

I've already said in this very thread that now they're on the team, since I'm a Pelicans fan not a player fan, I hope they prove me wrong. He doesn't care about that because all he wants are cheap gotcha moments. Let him have them; I've got him on ignore anyway. Much better things out there that I could do than waste my time on him. Like bashing my head up a wall until the paint chips, for example.
    I complained about Solomon Hill, I complained about Julius Randle, I complained about Boogie when he was bad, I complained about AD half-assing this season, and I complained about Rondo when he couldn't be bothered.

If I gave Anthony Davis, Rajon Rondo, Julius Randle, and Demarcus Cousin trash for not performing, what makes you think I'm gonna just start shedding tears of joy over Brandon ''Blood Clots'' Ingram?
    Yea I’m looking for cheap hitches moments.. Looks like you are really on board with Brandon “Blood Clots” Ingram.. This kid can turn into MJ and all it will do is drive you nuts which is sad. Hope you can enjoy the new team. Maybe try to come around on all blood clots Ingram while you’re at it.. great new nickname I might roll with..

My bold prediction: At some point in time, LeBron will make AD cry on national TV.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    My bold prediction: At some point in time, LeBron will make AD cry on national TV.
    That is a bold one!

I don't wish for it, because I don't want anyone else to be sad.

But I do hope that the only free agents they can manage this summer are bringing back Rondo and Javale McGee, and they have to run

Rondo
    Kuzma
    Lebron
    AD
    McGee

as a starting 5.
    Basketball.

Griffin isn’t done making moves either!! Look for these picks or some of them to be moved. We have a ton of assets while still being able to hold on to Ingram who was the center of the trade. Would love to hold on to Hart as well who is a direct replacement for Moore that I could see us moving. He could be a piece to help complete a trade soon or held onto as an asset for contending teams that need a solid bench guard. We are in such a good position right now to build a dynasty! I have a feeling Lonzo will be the main piece being moved but if he isn’t that means we have faith in his camp quieting down and letting him play basketball. Worst case scenario is he is an asset worth a tip half lottery pick. Did I say dynasty!?

Does anybody know what the Lakers cap space will be looking like once they sign AD to his extension? Do they have anyway of making room for someone like Kyrie or Kemba?

The Franchise
    ADs extension won’t be till next year and they’ll have bird rights.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    ADs extension won’t be till next year and they’ll have bird rights.
    Sure, they might resign him, but he's saying now that he won't sign that extension and they'll have to get him as a free agent. Sure, they'll have his bird rights, and if he wants to play there still in a year of course he'll resign for that cash, but it's a risk.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Ever been taking a shower, and you wash your hair, then start thinking about something dumb, and forget if you already washed your hair or not? So you just wash it again just in case?

That's me taking a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Ever been taking a shower, and you wash your hair, then start thinking about something dumb, and forget if you already washed your hair or not? So you just wash it again just in case?

That's me taking a shower.
    You ever been taking a shower, and you wash your hair and get out of the shower and like 5 hours later your hair's still wet because you decided to grow your hair out pretty long like 5 years ago and even though you kinda regret it now, you just never bother getting it all cut off because you're used to it this way and you don't wanna make such a big step because it feels more significant than it really is?

That's me.

Griff good start just came to a screeching halt.

This is weak.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    You ever been taking a shower, and you wash your hair and get out of the shower and like 5 hours later your hair's still wet because you decided to grow your hair out pretty long like 5 years ago and even though you kinda regret it now, you just never bother getting it all cut off because you're used to it this way and you don't wanna make such a big step because it feels more significant than it really is?

That's me.
    That used to be me. To be honest, it's been a while since I forgot if I washed my hair or not. Once the receding hairline started kicking in, I just keep it buzzed with clippers. I miss having hair though. I liked my hair. Sucks getting old.

So basically most of you feel like we got robbed??

Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan989 View Post
    Not at all. I think the exact, final judgement can't happen yet, since we've heard so many rumblings that there's another move in waiting, but as of right now, I'm pretty pleased with the trade. Not thrilled, unless something else happens, but definitely okay with it.

No. But from a known asset standpoint, seems weak. The future draft haul is a huge unknown. The stupid Lakers stand just as good of a chance to compete for chamionships for the next ~8 years.

Ball has to be flipped. At least you pray he does. No Kuzma. Ingram is the best player the Pelicans got back in return. Pray he develops.

And from a petty standpoint, just did NOT want to see AD in LA. yuck!

I mean we did get two 21 yr old guys with loads of potential and a 24 yr old hustle guy......if feel like if Lonzo can stay healthy he can def. be a young Rondo.....also Ingram I feel like has a nice ceiling as well.......then toss in the 3 1st rounds.......I mean that's a real solid trade for a guy who was skippin town anyway......I feel like all this youth is the perfect start to the Zion Era

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No. But from a known asset standpoint, seems weak. The future draft haul is a huge unknown. The stupid Lakers stand just as good of a chance to compete for chamionships for the next ~8 years.

Ball has to be flipped. At least you pray he does. No Kuzma. Ingram is the best player the Pelicans got back in return. Pray he develops.

I agree that one of Ball or Ingram should be flipped, totally. Not necessarily both, but at least one.

But I absolutely do not care at all about Kuzma. If someone said to me that I could either take Kuzma, or two pickswaps, I'd take the pickswaps every single day. Kuzma is a garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Why not have Lonzo stick around??......I feel like he's a real likeable guy who would fit in great with Zion Game and Personality wise......it's only really his dad that's a problem.....and does anyone really even take Lavar serious anymore??

Why not have Lonzo stick around??......I feel like he's a real likeable guy who would fit in great with Zion Game and Personality wise......it's only really his dad that's a problem.....and does anyone really even take Lavar serious anymore??
    It's also been a big issue that Lonzo has missed damn near half of all games in his career so far due to injury, is one of the worst free throw shooters in history, cannot shoot from three whatsoever, has a completely broken release, and is scared to drive.

It's also been a big issue that Lonzo has missed damn near half of all games in his career so far due to injury, is one of the worst free throw shooters in history, cannot shoot from three whatsoever, has a completely broken release, and is scared to drive.
    Yea but that's a two season stretch....there was a time when Holiday couldn't stay on the court and we all sing his praises now.......also Lonzo's FT shooting will def. improve and he has the ball handling to be a great driver....the 3pt shooting is a big question mark but if he could hit the occasional wide open look I feel like its ok atleast considering everything else he could bring.......the dude is a monster on defense

WAIT WAIT

Did I just miss this?

The 2021 protection is a REVERSE protection.

Like with the Harden/Adams trade. Lakers only get it if it falls OUTSIDE of the top 8. Top 8 and up, we get it.

Yea but that's a two season stretch....there was a time when Holiday couldn't stay on the court and we all sing his praises now.......also Lonzo's FT shooting will def. improve and he has the ball handling to be a great driver....the 3pt shooting is a big question mark but if he could hit the occasional wide open look I feel like its ok atleast considering everything else he could bring.......the dude is a monster on defense
    Jrue's injury troubles started after he broke his leg and got a metal bar put in it. Everything else was just complications from that one, major injury he's now over. Ball, on the other hand, has had several different injuries to his knees and ankles. Joint injuries like this are more worrying than one big injury because they tend to be biological, rather than just an outright ''got-hurt'' issue. He has bad ankles, and bad knees. That's a worry. Maybe it won't end up being anything, but it's legit to be concerned.

If you're betting on his free throw shooting improving, then I'm sorry to tell you that FT shooting is usually one of the more stable stats in a career. It's very rare that anyone really takes a huge leap throughout their career on that. Ball shot 43.5% from the line his first year, and 41% his second year. It's very unlikely he ever improves it to like, 75%+, which is what would be preferable for a point guard.

He is a good defender. He'll be fun to watch play defense with Jrue, and he is a good passer too, so he does have upsides. It's just that his flaws are so huge, and in such important areas that it's kind of hard to ignore.

edit: further confirmation

Thread Information