Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Yay, it's been literally three hours and Lavar Ball is already running his mouth.

Can he just be banned from the SKC or something? Please?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I hate everything about that dude.
    You and I both.

Danny Ainge sat in his office jerking off furiously over the idea of a 2038 2nd round draft pick from the Orlando Magic that he wouldn't trade for Steph Curry or something

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Looks like Lavar Ball is ok with him playing in NOLA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why people hate on Lavar he really is talking facts. Lonzo will be much better now that the LA spotlight is off of him. Whether it’s here or someone else. He really supports his son.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Why people hate on Lavar he really is talking facts. Lonzo will be much better now that the LA spotlight is off of him. Whether it’s here or someone else. He really supports his son.
    I just hate his attitude. His loudness. His cockiness.

We have some negative fans bruh not cool lol how can u not like this trade I’m lost man

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yay, it's been literally three hours and Lavar Ball is already running his mouth.

Can he just be banned from the SKC or something? Please?
    He actually said he’s ok with him playing in NOLA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    I hate him because it's been less than 3 hours since the NBA team that he raised his children on, telling them at every opportunity that they would either play there, or nowhere, shipped his kid off to a city that his kid is on film saying he thinks is ''haunted'' and that he doesn't want to go to, and the first thing he does is run to the closest available camera to shove his big mouth into it and start yammering about how ''YOU ARE GONNA REGRET TRADIN' MAH BOII''

Like, come on. Get some dignity, Lavar. Get your priorities in order. Go see your son. Leave the cameras alone for a while. Nobody cares about you, your opinion, or what you have to say. You're a laughing stock and a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I just hate his attitude. His loudness. His cockiness.
    You’re right. I guess I just look at it as some people wish they had a father who would speak up and defend them. I can see how it’s annoying to some people but he is that way for a reason and it don’t bother Lonzo and he has to live with him.

ainge about to get ran out of town for thinking he could just fleece every team like they're the nets

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I hope Ingram becomes the next KD.

This man is like three hours late, but here's another guy reporting this pick-swap idea. Looks like it's definitely true at this point.

We've heard it from Mannix, Shelbourne, Windhorst, and now here.

The Lakers did not lose this. Don't get me wrong, the Pelicans can notch a win. But the Lakers didn't lose. Unfortunately for us that hate the Lakers, they don't need draft picks. They rarely draft superstars. They can literally have no draft picks ever and keep these incompetent people running the show but superstars will keep flocking there like moths to a flame. And yeah, they may have down years like they just did. And that's how we will win this trade. But they will never have to make smart plays like other franchises to get back out of the hole this hole. Saviors will go to them.

We won.

They will continue to be the Lakers.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

lots of thoughts, so I'll number them

1) to the people who are not pleased(assuming its what is being reported and I suspect they start in 2020), there was always a large contingent of us on here who were overstating our position here and I have been saying that since ADs demand. You never get 1:1 value in this type of trade, and we clearly didn't here but that's ok. We got more than the spurs got imo. But this idea that other teams were going to just unload all this stuff that was being discussed in some of the threads was never going to happen.

I think the KD thing definitely made working with the knicks less likely. And of course the lakers getting #4 made it more likely we would work with them.

2) The key piece in the trade is the #4 pick this year. The other two picks are likely to be fillers and late first. You never know and that's why the play the games and of course predicting injuries is tough, but a team with AD and Lebron next year, barring injuries, is going to be good? Will they be 49 win good or 59 win good? Who knows, but either way that's a 20+ pick I believe unless bigtime injuries happen.

the problem is it's a #4 pick in a draft with 2 or 3(depending on how you view RJ) really sought after players. So that's a bummer. #4 this year doesn't appear to be worth a ton more than #8 for example, as there is no concensus at 4. Garland seems to be the closest thing to that, and maybe someone wants to trade up to get him. or we want to take him and trade Lonzo.

3) I don't view the biggest problem with Ingram being the DVTS. I view the biggest problem being a team is going to have to decide on a contract for him next year really and if he has a future with them. If we keep him we'll have one year to decide, and assuming he stays healthy he'll probably put up ok numbers. He's going to get a lot of chances as we won't be very good, he's going to have tons of iso plays that he loves, and I could easily see 20/6/4 on so-so efficiency. And because he's still so young and if the dvt concerned is lessened, that's going to be a really big contract. Will it be max? Eh...maybe, maybe not depending on exactly how he looks. But it would be damn close if not I be as long as he has a solid yeart. And you've got to decide if you want to make that sort of commitment to a player who doesn't shoot the three well, who doesn't really create for others, who isn't a plus defender. He does do some things really well- he can get to the hole really well in iso for example, but......so to me that is more his downside than the DVT risk. A decision has to be made for a player I'm not sure makes everyone that much better.

4) Lonzo. Oh Lonzo. I think I like him more than a lot do. Yes he can't shoot in general, but look at his three point percentage trending. His career 3 point percentage is somewhat skewed by that start he had his rookie year.

good things about lonzo:
    -plus defender with even more potential to improve. He could legitimately be an all defense team type guard if things go well
    -very good in transition, both if he looks to score or pass
    -above average vision in halfcourt with crisp passing there too

bad things about lonzo:
    -horrific ft shooter
    -worse than the ft percentages, however, are how rarely he gets to the line. This is because he doesn't create for himself in halfcourt. He isn't a very good athlete and his first step isn't great, so he has trouble even getting in the lane with an advantage
    -he is just a limited halfcourt playmaker overall on offense. I don't know how much this can improve. Most of the time, when he's not in transition, he just feels like a very capable ball handler that can bring the ball up the court and get into a set, but he's not going to be the one really initiating the decisive action.
    -not a good catch and shoot guy
    -his finishing at and around the rim isn't great
    -he really doesn't have a lot of go to moves on offense. We've all watched enough basketball to know what moves players use to account for a decent portion of their shots in the halfcourt. It's a different set for every player. Ball doesn't really have these

Basically in the halfcourt, you watch a lot of lonzo tape and you get the sense most all of what he is doing out there isn't something a good backup pt can't do. Is there room for improvement? I guess....

5) On trading Lonzo and/or Ingram, sure I'm fine with it. But the problem is all the other teams know these flaws and concerns as well. That's why their value is what it is. I do think there are several teams that are fairly high on Lonzo and we could probably get more for him than Ingram. I'd peg Lonzo's value right now as being about what a frp in the 8-11 range would be.

6) Overall while we didn't get anything close to 1:1 value here and I still like the trade for the most part given what we could expect, I have to admit the lakers thing does sting a bit. Because they are the lakers, and we are the pelicans. And it's more than just a big market vs small market thing. It's also bigtime franchise vs franchise with about the lowest Q rating out there. Is that related to big market/small market? Sure, but not entirely. It just sucks to see the glamour franchise in the nba, the belle of the ball, the league's golden child, etc get AD. And we have to be real- we are a franchise, like Charlotte, that people sort of view dismissively. I think that's our best comp actually. We had our fun where we embarrassed them a few months ago and chanted at their players and everyone laughed, but in the end they get a 26 year old top 5 type player when healthy and motivated and we lose him. There is nothing 'good' about that. Losing a top 5 player was never going to be a good thing, so giving him to the league's alpha franchise when we are the ultimate beta franchise in every way sucks.....

at least the ping pong balls went our way and we get zion.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    They can literally have no draft picks ever and keep these incompetent people running the show but superstars will keep flocking there like moths to a flame.
    I really need to find out who came up with this narrative, and slap them.

The Lakers DO NOT regularly sign superstars in free agency.

The ONLY ONE. The SINGLE. Top ten free agent that the Lakers have signed in the last 20 YEARS. Is Lebron.

Anthony Davis: trade.

Howard: Trade

Gasol: Trade

Before Lebron, the last time they signed a top tier star while they were still playing at a star level was Shaq in 1996.

I don’t understand why Griffin didn’t demand Kuzma too.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    I don’t understand why Griffin didn’t demand Kuzma too.
    Because Kuzma is a garbage tier player and taking him would have meant losing out on one or more of the draft picks.

The ONLY ONE. The SINGLE. Top ten free agent that the Lakers have signed in the last 20 YEARS. Is Lebron.

Before Lebron, the last time they signed a top tier star while they were still playing at a star level was Shaq in 1996.
    Lakers draft picks have always been crappy when the team is good because players will demand to be traded to them. Look at from 2004-2008, not one Lakers pick was good.

Technically they don’t sign anyone but players demand to be traded to them which is what’s going to keep happening.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Lakers draft picks have always been crappy when the team is good because players will demand to be traded to them. Look at from 2004-2008, not one Lakers pick was good.

Technically they don’t sign anyone but players demand to be traded to them which is what’s going to keep happening.
    I'm not saying that the Lakers will definitely be crap. I'm saying that this idea that they CAN be crap and superstars just run there in free agency is an incorrect idea. Which it is. It's false.

That's not what I said. Like. At all.

I said they don't draft their superstars. LeBron, Kobe, Shaq. They will flock there. Always. The LA market draws them. You can go back 30 years to that dynasty and find Magic Johnson whom they drafted.

They will fall into a hole, we will reap the benefits, eventually a new superteam will form there. Much like the superteam KD was supposedly forming prior to his injury.

They don't have to play the offseason game like we do. They can lay in their filth and eventually stars will migrate to them. And even if it is a trade.....ummm......did you not just watch this trade? AD picked his team like it was FA.

this(if definitely true) is a good thing for sure. But I'm not holding my breath we will be better than them those last few years. But it certainly doesn't hurt to have it in there and is only a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The Lakers did not lose this. Don't get me wrong, the Pelicans can notch a win. But the Lakers didn't lose. Unfortunately for us that hate the Lakers, they don't need draft picks. They rarely draft superstars. They can literally have no draft picks ever and keep these incompetent people running the show but superstars will keep flocking there like moths to a flame. And yeah, they may have down years like they just did. And that's how we will win this trade. But they will never have to make smart plays like other franchises to get back out of the hole this hole. Saviors will go to them.

We won.

They will continue to be the Lakers.
    Trades are meant to be even. Lakers got what they wanted, a chance to contend Now . We got what we wanted a start on a rebuild for the future. It may hurt them in a few years and we might be contending in a few years. Only time will tell.

Thread Information