Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

Saw this on another site (pure speculation). How would you chaps feel about:

BULLS: Lonzo Ball + #4 pick

PELS: Laurie Markannen + #7 pick

I would be running to the league office to accept that. Funny enough, I found it on a pro-Bulls site.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

I would be running to the league office to accept that. Funny enough, I found it on a pro-Bulls site.
    You know what they say: You can never have enough Finnish players on your roster.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

I would be beyond happy and accept it immediately lol

The Knicks never made a formal offer. The Celtics decided to go with more certainty and build around Tatum. They didn't offer a ton. It looks like the Lakers bid up the price against themselves.

The incoming Laker players are good, but it's the draft picks that make this an amazing trade package. That pick haul is Celtics/Nets level. If the Lakers have a key injury, those picks will be gold. They'll be so salary shackled, trading out of trouble will be nearly impossible for them.

NY and Boston were smart to back off. Beating that offer would be franchise-crippling.

From the NY Post:

"The Knicks never made a formal offer to the Pelicans for center Anthony Davis on the teams’ latest round of trade talks, according an NBA official.

While the Knicks had interest in the superstar center, talks with New Orleans’ new general manager, David Griffin, were preliminary and brief ever since he began soliciting offers two weeks ago. Davis is headed to the Lakers after Saturday’s blockbuster agreement.

The sense is the Knicks believed they could not match the demands of the Pelicans and essentially backed off."

https://nypost.com/2019/06/16/why-th...davis-pursuit/

After the Knicks didn't get the #1 pick it basically put them in a very hard spot. Especially when the Lakers won the pick right below them. If the Lakers hadn't jumped up so much and/or the Knicks got pick #2 maybe they could have gotten a deal to work. The Lakers desperation really pushed other teams to their limits. I don't think anyone expected the Lakers to give up their entire future.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    When has Beal been our target? I have never heard one thing except it being said here. Beal has never even been a realistic target until now since we never had the assets. Not trying to take credit but I have been calling for this move for a long time. I just didn’t think we would have Zion!
    Beal was reportedly a target when we thought we were keeping AD before the deadline. He also has been heavily mentioned in a potential 3 way deal with the Lakers by different media outlets.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I just don't know if Beal is realistic this offseason. Maybe by the deadline next year. But we'd have to give up almost everything we just got, I figure to have a shot. And I really don't wanna do that. That's a win now move. And we aren't there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I just don't know if Beal is realistic this offseason. Maybe by the deadline next year. But we'd have to give up almost everything we just got, I figure to have a shot. And I really don't wanna do that. That's a win now move. And we aren't there yet.
    I don't think Beal is realistic at all.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I only raise the notion that by the the deadline we can maybe get him because what if we are a much better team than most expect and says he wants out? And also what if we trade down with the 4th pick like I expect us to do, and snag a Shae Gilgeous-Alexander type player who becomes a hot commodity for a team who needs to get younger and cheaper like the Wizards?

Things can change rapidly in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I only raise the notion that by the the deadline we can maybe get him because what if we are a much better team than most expect and says he wants out? And also what if we trade down with the 4th pick like I expect us to do, and snag a Shae Gilgeous-Alexander type player who becomes a hot commodity for a team who needs to get younger and cheaper like the Wizards?

Things can change rapidly in the NBA.
    Yeah, things may change by the deadline.

I don’t understand everyone’s willingness to dump Ball and the 4th. Balls upside with the Pelicans is massive. He will actually have the ball. Is has as a distributor without Lebron. He can dish to Holiday. He can dish to Ingram. Best of all.... he will be dishing dimes to Zion. His defense is also incredible. Keep Ball and the 4th. There is no need to make any moves right now. Any move for anyone other than Beal which isn’t going to happen is unrealistic at this point in time.

Levar Ball said NOLA on the Jersey means No LA for his son��������

Quote Originally Posted by roberthgrove View Post
    Levar Ball said NOLA on the Jersey means No LA for his son��������

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but I just saw that we will get either a $11 million or $4 million trade exception depending on how the trade is structured that we could give up to increase our cap space to $23 million. So if we wanted to go after a max level guy on his first big contract we could do that. I hope we do that unless we trade for someone cause we need to take advantage of having Zion on his rookie deal IMO. I want DLo and then possibly move Ball. If we could move Ball with Hill that would be ideal. Or if we move that 4th pick I hope we can move Hill with that.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but I just saw that we will get either a $11 million or $4 million trade exception depending on how the trade is structured that we could give up to increase our cap space to $23 million. So if we wanted to go after a max level guy on his first big contract we could do that. I hope we do that unless we trade for someone cause we need to take advantage of having Zion on his rookie deal IMO. I want DLo and then possibly move Ball. If we could move Ball with Hill that would be ideal. Or if we move that 4th pick I hope we can move Hill with that.
    Who is up for their first max? DLo?

I rather draft Garland and give a stud 5 a max.

Not sure what you saw, but trade exceptions cannot be added to cap to sign free agents. They are used for unbalanced trades.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I don’t understand everyone’s willingness to dump Ball and the 4th. Balls upside with the Pelicans is massive. He will actually have the ball. Is has as a distributor without Lebron. He can dish to Holiday. He can dish to Ingram. Best of all.... he will be dishing dimes to Zion. His defense is also incredible. Keep Ball and the 4th. There is no need to make any moves right now. Any move for anyone other than Beal which isn’t going to happen is unrealistic at this point in time.
    I agree , Ball is elite when it comes to passing and defense you can’t teach that he needs to improve his shooting but that can be done he was actually a decent shooter in college . Ball is perfect in Gentry’s system and most importantly Gentry loves him , Ball isn’t going anywhere so stop suggesting trades with him it’s not happening .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the enamore with Ball but look at whose been winning championships the last decade... has any of those teams done it with a starting PG who shoots as poorly as Zo?? I like Garland with the 4th pick, guy reminds me a lot of Trae and Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I agree with your take on Ball. I like him and I like his game. I would like him for this team.....if not for Elfrid. I absolutely love Payton. I think the two are too similar for this team. Now I know, Elfrid has to sign and want to return. But what would you rather:

Elfrid Payton, Laurie Markannen, #7 pick

Or

Ball, #4 pick (and nothing else because Payton walks for nothing

It's a very clear top option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcollins9 View Post

The Wizard is still at work.

Quote Originally Posted by jcollins9 View Post

Would think the Bulls are more motivated for this move because they're below the Suns right now. A little less protection on their pick, maybe?

Fletcher is a doozy but I expect the pick to be traded

Well maybe it’s not a done deal yet. Woj tweeted that the Lakers are trying re-work the deal to create more cap space by possibly including Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga, and/or Jemmerio Jones to us or other teams. If we think Mo Wagner could be a good backup center I might take him since his salary is low for 3 more years. But I’m sure they already offered him to us
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-18-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Thread Information