Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Basketball.

Wow, what a horrible, depressingly underwhelming return.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That’s a lot of draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    From a team that will be good.

And we have to take back Lonzo Ball, who is less than useless on the offensive end, and Brandon Ingram, who can't shoot, can't defend, and might be out of the league in 12 months time.

Ok. Good assets for the future. This will be good. Not as good as our dream packages but better than just Tatum or Brown and a lot of trash.

Remember to take the AD trade and draft lotto as a whole and throw Zion into the equation. Then it is a grand slam.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Best case scenario?

Griff is still on the phones and keeps flipping assets.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Ok. Good assets for the future. This will be good.

Remember to pretend that the return we got was different from what it actually was, then it's a grand slam.
    FIFY

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm so pissed that Tatum isn't coming here. I hate that LeBron got what he wanted. But hey, I'm staying positive. I'm actually a bigger Josh Hart fan than most.

FIFY
    Lol. Ball will be great. A better Rondo. And getting a young Rondo would have been awesome........Lonzo traded for other assets in 5.....4.....3.....2.....1.....

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I'm excited about that. The Lakers can still implode. Even still, Zion, the 4th pick, future picks, we have all of our picks. Even if the Laker players fail and Jrue leaves, the future is BRIGHT!

It's the draft picks that matter

I'm giving Griff the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's not done dealing. If this is legitimately it then wow, he's very very very lucky he's built up a lot of good will because if this trade is a 1 dimensional flat swap, then he's burned a lot of it.

I also don't think Beal is a possibility anymore for anyone wanting Beal.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It's the draft picks that matter
    Luv 2 have #4 in a widely-considered 3 man draft + 2 future picks from a team that won't be in the lottery.

Grand slam.

I swear to god, if any of these picks have protections on them.

Luv 2 have #4 in a widely-considered 3 man draft + 2 future picks from a team that won't be in the lottery.

Grand slam.
    Never doubt the injury bug won't decimate this super team with no depth. Old man Lebron and glass man AD.

Guys. Really. Zion, #4 pick, two future 1st round picks (which could turn nice with injuries), and all of our future picks still intact. Even if every Laker player fails and Jrue leaves (for more assets), if we draft and develop well, we have the ammo to be a great team for a long time.

If a Laker or two works out, good team now with ammo to make some great trades happen. Don't just look at the players. Those assets fill up our future bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Never doubt the injury bug won't decimate this super team with no depth. Old man Lebron and glass man AD.
    They still have $30m in cap space

Laker's have their pick. Don't be surprised if they sign Kemba or Butler.

And if they miss on the free agents, they can take their $30m and sign multiple decent roleplayers.

Lakers will be a 45-50 win team next year. If we have their 2020 pick as part of this agreement, it's going to be worth less than the Boston #22 pick was this year.

Let's be honest here. Lonzo/Jrue/Zion is gonna be fun. Who knows what to make of Ingram. Griffin seems to love him. So hopefully, he lives up to the expectations.

This ruined my weekend.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

AD is not a beacon of health. Lebron's body is starting to break down. The Lakers' organization is dysfunctional. I don't think it's a surety that the Lakers make the playoffs this upcoming season or the next.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Let's be honest here. Lonzo/Jrue/Zion is gonna be fun. Who knows what to make of Ingram. Griffin seems to love him. So hopefully, he lives up to the expectations.
    There's gonna be so many bricks and missed free throws.

It's gonna be great

Jrue can't get to the FT line, Lonzo's scared to get to the FT line, and neither Lonzo no Zion can shoot the FTs when they get there anyway! Thrilling.

It’s a lengthy guard combo for sure. We need to bring in shooters in FA

If Griff flips something like Ingram and the Lakers 2022 pick for John Collins, I forgive him.

We flipping Lonzo and draft Garland. Lol

Thread Information