Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

...we get to go McDonalds
    This is an absurd trade. The only way this trade makes any type of sense is if they know they're getting Kyrie or Kawhi.

I legitimately think the only thing that stopped Pelinka giving up more picks is the fact that you can't trade 2026 picks yet.
    Basketball.

This is ridiculous. The only thing that would make go 'wtf' at this point is AD in a year going "I don't want to be part of a team who trades like dumbfux. I'm taking my talents to south beach."

Am I dreaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Am I dreaming?
    In a sense.

Real question: do you think when Griffin got the final offer that he called Ainge? Or he finalized the deal?

Real question 2: if Griffin called Ainge and told him what he needed to beat, what do you think Ainge said in return?

Real question: do you think when Griffin got the final offer that he called Ainge? Or he finalized the deal?

Real question 2: if Griffin called Ainge and told him what he needed to beat, what do you think Ainge said in return?
    Griff probably called Ainge and said ''Listen, Danny, I know you have some interest, you've made a few offers. This is what the Lakers are offering. Do you wanna raise on that, or are you done?''

And Ainge said: ''I'll do it, but only if you send me your 2042 second round pick and swap rights to your 2031 second round pick too.''

And Griff said ''Goodbye, Danny.''

And hung up.

BTW, Mason Ginsberg on podcast, said the Celtics had Tatum on the table. He also brought up the reverse protection, which turned out to be true, so I'll take him at his word.

BTW, Mason Ginsberg on podcast, said the Celtics had Tatum on the table. He also brought up the reverse protection, which turned out to be true, so I'll take him at his word.
    Pretty sure it was Shamit that brought up the reverse protection, cause Mason said he didn't have the sources on this issue.

But still yeah, Ainge probably did have Tatum on the table but only in a deal that would reduce other assets. Tatum and not much else.

I really like the trade as it puts us in a position of power.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pretty sure it was Shamit that brought up the reverse protection, cause Mason said he didn't have the sources on this issue.

But still yeah, Ainge probably did have Tatum on the table but only in a deal that would reduce other assets. Tatum and not much else.
    Ha. I always had them flipped then.

That reverse protection on the 2021 pick is some sneaky work there.

If the Laker's are still good, it lets us essentially defer it until the 2022 draft, which is likely to be the double draft. If the Lakers suck, it gives us a top, top pick.

Man, I'm gonna be scouting high schoolers next year

Ha. I always had them flipped then.
    Yeah, Shamit's the one who was in Atlanta playing frisbee, Mason was the one in Chicago.

I think Ainge was muted on speakerphone but laughing at his arch-nemesis giving up the farm.

Seen a couple of people saying ''lol, Pels are just the new Celtics, and they never won anything.''

This is obviously not true, for two key reasons.

1) We have Zion. When the Celtics traded their stars for pieces to the Nets, their roster for the next season was devoid of talent. They had nobody to build around. They didn't have a young star to guide their asset use. Their leading player in minutes per game was Jeff Green, who averaged 16.9 points a game. We don't have that problem: we still have a legit two way star in Jrue, and Zion is incoming with all the promise and potential in the world.

2) We have an executive who is not afraid to spend. The last decade of Danny Ainge has been characterised by 2 things: firstly, he makes advantageous trades, and secondly, he is stingy with assets once he has them. This has been a defining problem for Ainge: as superstar after superstar has become available, he has passed on them time and again rather than part with any picks or young players. PG13 stayed in OKC. Ainge had the chance to make that move, and he passed on it. He had the chance to get Kawhi, who won Toronto a ring and is probably staying there. He passed cause he didn't want to trade Terry Rozier. He just had the chance to get AD, and passed, because he didn't wanna give up Tatum. Ainge is a hoarder.

Griff doesn't have that problem. He's happy to move assets. He won't just throw them away, he's not an idiot, but he's a creative trader and is willing to make moves to continually improve the roster he's guiding. Now he has more assets to work with than ever.

We aren't the new Celtics. We have a much higher ceiling than that.

What is the Ingram status? Is He healthy and can recover from the blood clots?

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    What is the Ingram status? Is He healthy and can recover from the blood clots?
    He'll be fine as long as they don't recur.

So basically we just have to cross our fingers and hope that either he's fine, or that Griff moves him before it becomes an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan989 View Post
    Yea but that's a two season stretch....there was a time when Holiday couldn't stay on the court and we all sing his praises now.......also Lonzo's FT shooting will def. improve and he has the ball handling to be a great driver....the 3pt shooting is a big question mark but if he could hit the occasional wide open look I feel like its ok atleast considering everything else he could bring.......the dude is a monster on defense
    From all accounts he mentally does not want to be in New Orleans. Both he and his pops want a larger market.

WAIT WAIT

Did I just miss this?

The 2021 protection is a REVERSE protection.

Like with the Harden/Adams trade. Lakers only get it if it falls OUTSIDE of the top 8. Top 8 and up, we get it.
    And can defer the '24 pick to '25. My God, it only gets better.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    From all accounts he mentally does not want to be in New Orleans. Both he and his pops want a larger market.

Old news. By those same accounts they still love the Lakers and feel like they will win championships.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1560666581089.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	6430
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Old news. By those same accounts they still love the Lakers and feel like they will win championships.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1560666581089.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	6430
    When will people stop putting together these stupid pictures and conjecturing that Lamelo and LiAngelo will be NBA players?

LiAngelo is 20. He has not been drafted, he has not been put on a G league team, nobody is seeking his skills.

LaMelo has a negative basketball IQ, and by skipping on college and skipping on playing in an established league, he's put up huge trash stats against Literal Nobodies.

Neither of them are likely to be NBA players. Stop this, media.

Lonzo is not his dad. I’m an X lakers fan. Zo has been trying to distance himself from his dad since he got in the NBA. I can see the New Pelican players working out very well with the Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Lonzo is not his dad. I’m an X lakers fan. Zo has been trying to distance himself from his dad since he got in the NBA. I can see the New Pelican players working out very well with the Pelicans.
    He's been doing a very poor job of it.

If he's willing to play and willing to completely rework his jumpshot and spend the next three months shooting 500 FTs a day, then cool.

But he's not a thrilling player at this point.

When will people stop putting together these stupid pictures and conjecturing that Lamelo and LiAngelo will be NBA players?

LiAngelo is 20. He has not been drafted, he has not been put on a G league team, nobody is seeking his skills.

LaMelo has a negative basketball IQ, and by skipping on college and skipping on playing in an established league, he's put up huge trash stats against Literal Nobodies.

Neither of them are likely to be NBA players. Stop this, media.
    Haha. I saved that meaning to show you and then Lucky caught my attention. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Haha. I saved that meaning to show you and then Lucky caught my attention. Lol
    Man....

I hate the Ball circus.

Thread Information