Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    There is now talk that Bradley Beal could be a target of the Pels!! I have been saying this for months!! My dream scenario could all fall in place!!

Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion
    This is a core 4 that can win a championship!! Not years from now but compete immediately!
    Beal has been their target for quite some time now. However, they have not been able to gain traction.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Beal has been their target for quite some time now. However, they have not been able to gain traction.
    Will be even harder now until they get a GM. Their front office is currently in flux.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    only thing wrong with that is gentry fought for ball to be his PG and wants jrue at off guard....you got to give the man what he need to win in his system...

If that’s our plan then I’m fine with it. I just don’t think we will pass up on Bradley Beal for Ball but if that’s not on the table then I’m all in on Lonzo as long as he’s all in with us.

It takes a fool to see that Ingram wasn’t the centerpiece of this deal. What made this deal so great is the picks to go along with him. How do I know they agree? Because we would have taken Kuzma instead of Ingram if that’s how we felt. Griffin has talked about Ingram as someone who can be a cornerstone. We don’t trade AD and have Ingram coming off a health issue as part of the deal if we don’t think he can be great. So for them to believe in Ingram it would have to mean they think he’s going to be as good as Lebron or Durant? No for them to believe in Ingram is for them to have graded him as someone they think fits with Zion going forward and can be a star SF who looks to be the best SF in the NBA under 25 years old going into the future. I would say they agree with me on Ingram and not you..
    It's like you're living in some strange bizarro world where you just ignore all facts and reports ot keep pushing whatever you want. You're why fake news is so popular now.

You keep changing the narrative and adjusting the goalpost to die on this hill and it's crazy. YOU CLAIMED Ingram put up numbers at 21 that no SF since LBJ and Durant have put up. I've blown that out of the water my posting his ACTUAL stats right next to PG13 and Kawhi. They destroy his numbers.

YOU CLAIMED Griff and company believe Ingram is the best SF at 21 since LBJ and Durant.

Now when I ask for proof you suddenly change your goalpost to "they believe he fits next to Zion and can be the best SF under 25 going forward".

THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT than saying he's putting up numbers not seen since LBJ and Durant at 21. I've never even disagreed that Ingram can be a star. I've said it multiple times in this very thread that he can be a good player and has the potential to improve. I literally said that the hope now is the Lakers organization is so disfunctional that the stunted these guys growth just like what happened with Russell.

You've got to stop taking your own supply man. You're being crazy about Ingram and you're all over the place trying to argue against facts and change goal posts to act like Ingram is the 2nd coming of Durant. NO ACTUAL STATS back this up.

I cannot stress this enough... NO STATS support your claim that Ingram has been better than every SF at 21 since Durant and LBJ.

Does that mean he won't be an All-Star? NO. He COULD develop into one and if he does, that's awesome for us. But you CANNOT just sit here and make insane claims that have no basis in actual FACTS and pretend the organization agrees with these claims because Ingram was part of a trade that included 2 other players and 5 other 1dt round picks... Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

When has Beal been our target? I have never heard one thing except it being said here. Beal has never even been a realistic target until now since we never had the assets. Not trying to take credit but I have been calling for this move for a long time. I just didn’t think we would have Zion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's like you're living in some strange bizarro world where you just ignore all facts and reports ot keep pushing whatever you want. You're why fake news is so popular now.

You keep changing the narrative and adjusting the goalpost to die on this hill and it's crazy. YOU CLAIMED Ingram put up numbers at 21 that no SF since LBJ and Durant have put up. I've blown that out of the water my posting his ACTUAL stats right next to PG13 and Kawhi. They destroy his numbers.

YOU CLAIMED Griff and company believe Ingram is the best SF at 21 since LBJ and Durant.

Now when I ask for proof you suddenly change your goalpost to "they believe he fits next to Zion and can be the best SF under 25 going forward".

THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT than saying he's putting up numbers not seen since LBJ and Durant at 21. I've never even disagreed that Ingram can be a star. I've said it multiple times in this very thread that he can be a good player and has the potential to improve. I literally said that the hope now is the Lakers organization is so disfunctional that the stunted these guys growth just like what happened with Russell.

You've got to stop taking your own supply man. You're being crazy about Ingram and you're all over the place trying to argue against facts and change goal posts to act like Ingram is the 2nd coming of Durant. NO ACTUAL STATS back this up.

I cannot stress this enough... NO STATS support your claim that Ingram has been better than every SF at 21 since Durant and LBJ.

Does that mean he won't be an All-Star? NO. He COULD develop into one and if he does, that's awesome for us. But you CANNOT just sit here and make insane claims that have no basis in actual FACTS and pretend the organization agrees with these claims because Ingram was part of a trade that included 2 other players and 5 other 1dt round picks... Just stop.
    I stopped after the first paragraph.. Someone is angry they have been wrong for a long time.. Enjoy Ingram!

I’m one of the few that really like Ingram, he was in a terrible situation and still worked very hard every day and was a 20ppg scorer at 19, he will only get better, I do wanna move Lonzo though

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I’m one of the few that really like Ingram, he was in a terrible situation and still worked very hard every day and was a 20ppg scorer at 19, he will only get better, I do wanna move Lonzo though
    Griffin and Langdon are right there with you my guy! Of course I’m on the Ingram train as well. Not only do I think Ingram will be a great player but more importantly his skill set fits with Zion very well. He’s a lot like RJ Barrett just a better scorer and shooter. I agree I wanna move Lonzo but if we decide to keep him then obviously a lot of our worries will not be a problem.

My prediction is we move Lonzo to the Suns for #6. We then move #4 and #6 for Bradley Beal..

FlockUp!!

Griffin and Langdon are right there with you my guy! Of course I’m on the Ingram train as well. Not only do I think Ingram will be a great player but more importantly his skill set fits with Zion very well. He’s a lot like RJ Barrett just a better scorer and shooter. I agree I wanna move Lonzo but if we decide to keep him then obviously a lot of our worries will not be a problem.

My prediction is we move Lonzo to the Suns for #6. We then move #4 and #6 for Bradley Beal..

FlockUp!!
    Agreed, also people forget to mention that Ingram shot 47% from the field last year, an amazing number, especially when you consider what was going on around him. With a good supporting cast I could see Ingram averaging about 21 points this year and in his prime he can be a 25ppg guy, and he’s a good passer and ball handler

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Agreed, also people forget to mention that Ingram shot 47% from the field last year, an amazing number, especially when you consider what was going on around him. With a good supporting cast I could see Ingram averaging about 21 points this year and in his prime he can be a 25ppg guy, and he’s a good passer and ball handler
    im good if ingram avg 20-25 a game.......payton came here in this system and was good.....ingram was playing good ball for luke before lebron went to the team.....

now we do have something going for us with ingram....Dlo went to Brooklyn and turned it around after leaving LA......randle turned it around here after leaving LA.......so i also believe ingram will blow it up here after leaving LA with a big chip on his shoulder......

Russell and Randle have both improved greatly out of L.A. Very optimistic Ingram and Ball will be significantly better.

What up with Finch?

Pels about to be the next Spurs yall.

When has Beal been our target? I have never heard one thing except it being said here. Beal has never even been a realistic target until now since we never had the assets. Not trying to take credit but I have been calling for this move for a long time. I just didn’t think we would have Zion!
    It feels like you have been gone a while. Beal has been the rumored target by the Pels in a lot of 3 team AD trade scenarios. Yes, though, all rumors. So their was much talk of it while you were gone but, as you said, we never really had the assets for that.

I don't think the Suns pull the trigger on Ball for #6. I think the Lakers would have made it happen if they could have. We might have to throw in future picks for that. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-16-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Pretty crazy the talent we will now have. We will be getting the #1 overall pick in Zion who is arguably the most valuable pick since Lebron. Added to that we have the 2015 3rd overall pick, 2016 2nd overall pick, and 2017 2nd overal pick. Some of these guys have more potential then others but we have a team full of young talent. Frank/Keinrich/Wood is just more added to the list. Most of them are going right into their breakout years in a system that features them all which will be exciting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It feels like you have been gone a while. Beal has been the rumored target by the Pels in a lot of 3 team AD trade scenarios. Yes, though, all rumors. So their was much talk of it while you were gone but, as you said, we never really had the assets for that.

Well it couldn’t have been by this front office that was linked to it because they are all brand new. I’m not taking credit as the first on this site to mention trading for Beal. For the past couple months I can guarantee I have been pushing basically this exact scenario as one of my favorite deals with the Lakers in a trade for AD. Only a few other users have been agreeing with the Beal deal I have seen. The only difference was I thought we would have Kuzma and a late Lakers lottery pick not Zion and #4. My dream scenario would have been Zion as I’m a Duke fan and Zion was my favorite player to ever come through. Then throw in the Lakers getting the 4th? Yea I can’t say I saw that one coming but it was in the back of my mind as my dream scenario. This only strengthens our ability to land Bradley Beal with a much higher pick to offer. I have been wanting a Lakers deal that packaged Lonzo and a pick for Beal. The Wizards can take #4 and Lonzo or we can flip him to the Suns for #6 giving the Wizards that option as well. IMO that’s what will happen and what I have been wanting for months. Zion only makes this deal even more important to make.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-16-2019 at 01:09 PM.

I don't think the Suns pull the trigger on Ball for #6. I think the Lakers would have made it happen if they could have. We might have to throw in future picks for that. Just my opinion.
    Yeah, Beal has been pretty much the number one target for Pels media for a while. Listen to any In the N.O. pods for like, the last two or three months and every single one gets de-railed by Shamit talking about Beal, and even the Bird Writes podcast shifts towards Beal pretty regularly.

Beal has been forced into every discussion for a whiiiiiiile now.
    Basketball.

Well it couldn’t have been by this front office that was linked to it because they are all brand new.
    Yes. It was with this front office.

Was your time in the stasis pod enjoyable?

I stopped after the first paragraph.. Someone is angry they have been wrong for a long time.. Enjoy Ingram!
    Thats probably for the best since you couldn't have read the rest and still kept believing your nonsense. Next you should start claiming Ingram has actually made 3 All Star teams already. I mean if facts don't matter why not?

And the beauty is, we actually HAVE the future assets to do just that.

Don't even bother, man. It's the exactly same issue I've been dealing with for months with this guy.

Ingram has been bad thus far in his career. In some ways only a little bad, in a lot of ways very bad. Is there a chance he improves? Absolutely. Is there a slim chance he becomes an all-star? Sure. Do I think it's likely? Not really.

But for certain people, if you say ''Ingram has been bad so far in his career, and I don't think it's that likely that he becomes several times better any time soon'', they hear ''Brandon Ingram has been the worst player since Kwame Brown, and will never amount to anything because he can't even walk in a straight line''.

It's two totally different things, but when you've got an agenda I guess it's easy to lie for it.

Thats probably for the best since you couldn't have read the rest and still kept believing your nonsense. Next you should start claiming Ingram has actually made 3 All Star teams already. I mean if facts don't matter why not?
    Some people are claiming Ingram's a 20 point per game scorer, which is crazy because in his three years in the league he's only averaged 20+ points in a SINGLE calendar month. One, in three years.

So you never know what they'll come up with next.

Yes. It was with this front office.

Was your time in the stasis pod enjoyable?
    Ok if it was by this front office how long have they been around? I have been pushing a Beal deal with the Lakers trade for months. Don’t know what the problem is with that.

Ok if it was by this front office how long have they been around? I have been pushing a Beal deal with the Lakers trade for months. Don’t know what the problem is with that.
    Lol. I have too many kids and to do that research dive.

I do remember when we discussed it before on this site months ago but this one was more linked to people with connections. Still just rumors. But it elevated from "GA would like this" to "wait, that connected guy said the Pels want this" and yesterday morphed into "oh myyyyyy, we have the assets to do that". You weren't here for the 2nd step so I was trying to fill you in.

Haha I got you. I’m glad people with connections are actually linked to this now!

I've said before I would be worried about our shooting and spacing but it is a new day and plan on backing our new team all the way. At the end of the day this is our team that is going out there to play for us and it is a new day for our franchise. Every player has something they need to work on, as fans we probably need to work on our existential feeling of dread and learn to enjoy ourselves again

Draft Pick
    There is now talk that Bradley Beal could be a target of the Pels!! I have been saying this for months!! My dream scenario could all fall in place!!

Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion
    This is a core 4 that can win a championship!! Not years from now but compete immediately!

Wait.. championship? They don't have Beal, Zion has not stepped foot on an NBA court and Ingram is dealing with a serious medical issue that may not only impact his career, but his entire life & life expectancy. The clot is "suspected" of being a result of his shoulder. No one can actually prove that. It's a wait and see.

Thread Information