Pelicans Report

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

No way in heck do I help the Lakers facilitate dumping those players. We agreed to terms, too bad for you. We have every reason in the world to not help them at all. Keep that 3rd max slot from being open.

Deal Done

Saw Lakers fans on twitter saying they are going to add Kuzma now. Not sure if true just throwing that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Saw Lakers fans on twitter saying they are going to add Kuzma now. Not sure if true just throwing that out there.

Let them keep him. He's not very good, and why would we want to help them? As far as I'm concerned, the deal is done for us. If tehy wanna move their garbage extras, let them find someone else.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Let them keep him. He's not very good, and why would we want to help them? As far as I'm concerned, the deal is done for us. If tehy wanna move their garbage extras, let them find someone else.
    I agree but we could easily flip Kuzma. Just saying that i could see the Lakers desperately doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I agree but we could easily flip Kuzma. Just saying that i could see the Lakers desperately doing it.

If we could easily flip Kuzma, then they can easily flip Kuzma. Let them deal with it. We should do absolutely nothing that could help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If we could easily flip Kuzma, then they can easily flip Kuzma. Let them deal with it. We should do absolutely nothing that could help them.
    This. And I think they may have a hard time finding anyone else to take those players either. Especially any team in the West. Any benefit you gain by getting a player on the cheap will be more than negated by the Lakers getting a 3rd max player. And its not like they have much to add to the players to sweeten the pot, except a few 2nd round picks. Lakers fans are like teenagers. They have a difficult time understanding the concept that "we don't have the money".

I wouldn’t want to help them either, but I’m sure someone would trade a 2nd round pick for Wagner since he went 25th in last years draft and has some value being a big that can help space the floor. The good thing is we would know if someone does since it sounds like they are trying to include him in our deal and we could possibly just take him instead. Not sure why they wouldn’t just trade him in a separate deal for 2nd round pick and then sell the pick. I know I would trade a late 2nd for him if I thought he could help my team. We could use a floor spacing big man to team with Zion at times, but yes I agree that we shouldn’t help them get more cap space. I just think Wagner would be easy to move either way, but maybe not.

I think he will get moved on draft night probably
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-18-2019 at 08:40 PM.

I’d get kuz and flip Ingram. It’s not about helping them it’s about helping ourselves if we can get more assets to help the rebuild I’m all for it. We helped them by trading ad there.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I wouldn’t want to help them either, but I’m sure someone would trade a 2nd round pick for Wagner since he went 25th in last years draft and has some value being a big that can help space the floor. The good thing is we would know if someone does since it sounds like they are trying to include him in our deal and we could possibly just take him instead. Not sure why they wouldn’t just trade him in a separate deal for 2nd round pick and then sell the pick. I know I would trade a late 2nd for him if I thought he could help my team. We could use a floor spacing big man to team with Zion at times, but yes I agree that we shouldn’t help them get more cap space. I just think Wagner would be easy to move either way, but maybe not.
    My point is, will the little you gain from acquiring Wagner be worth setting the Lakers up with 3 max players? And once you give them that space, they'll always have it. Once Lebron retires, they'll still have Davis and the other max player, and they'll just replace Lebron with the next available FA max player. Why would any team want to have to compete against that? They've been complaining for years about having to deal with GSW?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Don't get taken in by the nonsense. Kuzma isn't important.

If someone would trade a second round pick for Wagner, good for them. Let them trade it to LA.

If Kuzma could easily be flipped, good for LA; let them flip him.

As far as we are concerned, the Lakers are currently in their best possible position: unable to sign another star, and likely to suck next year.

That is where we WANT them, because the worse they are, the more likely AD is to leave, and the more likely they are to suck circa the 2021 draft when we have that reverse protection on their pick.

Why would we take on their trash garbage end of bench players who will never see a minute on the floor, when it does pretty much NOTHING for us, but helps them sign another good player, thus reducing their odds of being trash in the future? It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    My point is, will the little you gain from acquiring Wagner be worth setting the Lakers up with 3 max players? And once you give them that space, they'll always have it. Once Lebron retires, they'll still have Davis and the other max player, and they'll just replace Lebron with the next available FA max player. Why would any team want to have to compete against that? They've been complaining for years about having to deal with GSW?
    I hear ya, but I think Wagner will likely get moved on draft night either way. If we think he could help us I would take him. He’s got potential, so someone will move a 2nd for him in the draft IMO. I would rather we take him than the Lakers make a deal to send all 3 to another team and Wagner develops into a good backup big or possibly even a starter.

I hear ya, but I think Wagner will likely get moved on draft night either way. If we think he could help us I would take him. He’s got potential, so someone will move a 2nd for him in the draft IMO. I would rather we take him than the Lakers make a deal to send all 3 to another team and Wagner develops into a good backup big or possibly even a starter.
    So you're saying we should help the Lakers acquire a third superstar, thus depressing the value of all their assets from the AD trade

in case Mo Wagner turns into a solid backup?

Lakers Fans

June 15th: I can't believe we got AD.
    *news breaks of years, pick swap, and deferment*
    June 16th: I can't believe we gave up so much, it must be so the trade will happen on July 30th.
    *news breaks that the trade will happen July 6th*
    June 17th: I can't believe Rob didn't discuss this already with Griff, I bet AD will drop his trade kicker.
    *news breaks that AD won't and that LA is desperately trying to offload all their other contracts*
    June 18th: I can't believe Rob didn't plan for all this, I bet Kyrie already said he would take a discount.
    *news breaks that Kyrie is going to the Nets*
    July 6th: I can't believe we only have 23m cap space. I bet we still get Kawhi.
    *news breaks that they signed Barnes and Rondo*
    July 7th: I can't believe we signed Harrison Barnes and Rondo, I bet we easily when the championship.
    *they get eliminated from the post season*
    April 10th: I can't believe we've been eleminated from making the playoffs.

This season is going to be fun.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-18-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Lakers Fans

June 16th: I can't believe we gave up so much, it must be so the trade will happen on July 30th.
    June 17th: I can't believe Rob didn't discuss this already with Griff, I bet AD will drop his trade kicker.
    *news breaks that AD won't and that LA is desperately trying to offload all their other contracts*
    June 18th: I can't believe Rob didn't plan for all this, it must be Woj lying again.

July 6th: I can't believe we only have 23m cap space.

July 7th: I can't believe we signed Harrison Barnes and Rondo.

Have fun AD

Lakers Fans

June 18th: I can't believe Rob didn't plan for all this, I bet Kyrie already said he would take a discount.
    *news breaks that Kyrie is going to the Nets*
    July 6th: I can't believe we only have 23m cap space. I bet we still get Kawhi.
    *news breaks that they signed Barnes and Rondo*
    July 7th: I can't believe we signed Harrison Barnes and Rondo, I bet we easily when the championship.
    *they get eliminated from the post season*

[IMG]

via Gfycat

[/IMG]

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    There are alot of ways they can go with the picks and players they have. This next season will be fun no matter what.

I think he will get moved on draft night probably
    They'll trade away Wagner but still won't have that max slot. Lol

Why couldn’t the Lakers just do a separate deal with Atlanta dealing Wagner, Jones, and Bonga for a 2nd round pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Why couldn’t the Lakers just do a separate deal with Atlanta dealing Wagner, Jones, and Bonga for a 2nd round pick?
    They possibly could but it would have to be before the AD trade. NO wants to run that trade through asap which is why LA is trying to make it a 3 team.

The other thing is I'm not positive they could do it separately because they have to send out a certain amount of money to match AD.

They possibly could but it would have to be before the AD trade. NO wants to run that trade through asap which is why LA is trying to make it a 3 team.

The other thing is I'm not positive they could do it separately because they have to send out a certain amount of money to match AD.
    I would imagine a team would like Wagner enough to trade a 2nd round pick for him by Thursday. The 3 players the Lakers want trade only cost about $5 million together.

Basketball Guru
    imo the 4th pick is more valuable than kuzma...we got what we wanted...AD and the lakers got what they wanted.....everyone was happy the day this trade was announced.......so like this thread title says,,deal done...let the lakers fix their own problems....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    They could. If they throw in some cash to pay off a couple players when they are released, I am sure Atlanta would do it for a fake 2nd.

Well Larry Coon aka the guy that runs CBAFAQ and knows the most out of anybody about it that's not directly tied to the NBA just blew up the Lakers hopes.

https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/status...642117120?s=19

https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/status...002132992?s=19

https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/status...268425216?s=19

Even if they trade EVERYBODY (including Kuzma) AND AD dropped his trade bonus.... The Lakers would still fall 2m short of the full max if the trade is done on July 6th.

Mo Wagner is 6'11... can run the floor, can put the ball on the floor, is a good passer AND can shoot. I'm just sayin...

Thread Information