Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If we had to wait until July 30th to do the trade then the #4 pick wouldn't officially be ours until July 30th. This is after summer league is over so he'd miss out on all the practice and games with the team over the summer league.
    Thank you sir

LOLLLLLL. Man we will basically have the same amount of cap space as the Lakers this summer if AD doesn't waive his bonus. 23m vs ~20m.

Only difference is we have tons of ways to clear more caps pace if we wanted to chase a player...
    Is there a tanker needing a 13 million expiring in the distance? Lol

2021 Top 8 protected kind of stinks, but oh well. Then it would move to unprotected in 2022 which could be the year high schoolers are allowed to be drafted again. Then we could swap 1sts in 2023, an unprotected 1st in 2024, and the right to swap picks in 2025!

That is awesome!! Don’t care for the top 8 protected in 2021, but they were likely not to pick that high anyway. Love that we get the right to swap picks in 2023 & 2025, so we can still get decent picks without losing.

I didn’t think this trade could be that damn good, but it is. LeBron & AD may not even be on team come 2024 & 2025. AD probably will, but LeBron will be way up in age. I’m loving it

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    2021 Top 8 protected kind of stinks, but oh well. Then it would move to unprotected in 2022 which could be the year high schoolers are allowed to be drafted again. Then we could swap 1sts in 2023, an unprotected 1st in 2024, and the right to swap picks in 2025!

That is awesome!! Don’t care for the top 8 protected in 2021, but they were likely not to pick that high anyway. Love that we get the right to swap picks in 2023 & 2025, so we can still get decent picks without losing.

I didn’t think this trade could be that damn good, but it is. LeBron & AD may not even be on team come 2024 & 2025. AD probably will, but LeBron will be way up in age. I’m loving it
    You got it backwards. If the pick is top 8, it belongs to the Pelicans.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

It’s top 8 protected for us not them

2021 isn't top 8 protected, it has reverse protection. It turns into 2022 unprotected if it's outside of the top 8, we get it if it's in the top 8.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Can Ingram become a star player?????? He’s 21. If he’s healthy and develops a 3 point shot and improves defense I think he can become an all star. He’s shown too many flashes of brilliance for me to think it’s unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Can Ingram become a star player?????? He’s 21. If he’s healthy and develops a 3 point shot and improves defense I think he can become an all star. He’s shown too many flashes of brilliance for me to think it’s unlikely.

He has a lot to work on. He doesn't do anything great in particular. Not a great shooter, passer, rebounder, defender. But he's young and has upside. Unfortunately he's a RFA after this season.

It think Ingram may need some stability, but if he blows up in a contract year. I don't know. I just don't see him worth a max. He's a restricted Free Agent. So, we will see.

Yes this is awesome! On top of it we got some serious young talent. We killed this trade! Can’t wait to see Ingram and Zion!!

Dude we've had this song and dance already. You're WAY too high on Ingram. At 21 pg13 and Leonard destroy Ingram in stats. I'm. Not talking about comparing him to them now. I'm talking all of them being 21.
    All I know is Griffin and Langdon agree with me.. but I’m the fool lol!!

Given the entire situation this package is good. With the potential to be great if LA falls on hard times. When your franchise player tells everyone he's leaving this is about as good as it gets.

Absolutely he can develop into a star. Go look at every single star wing in the NBA and when they started to develop into stars. Ingram is already far ahead of where they were outside of a couple of GOATs.. He is just 21 years old and has Giannis length with the ability to create his own shot. Just as he grows into his body I think he becomes a star much less improving on his shot which will no doubt happen. I never doubt someone who is a hard worker and Ingram supposedly basically lived at the Lakers practice facility. Zion/Ingram is going to be our version of Kawhi/Pascal but a better duo overall. Can’t wait!

I am done with being negative. We have an exciting young core and got rid of a cancer. We will likely have a much better cap situation and a ton of draft picks to work with. We finally have a 1st class front office by all accounts. The future is bright for the Pelicans.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    All I know is Griffin and Langdon agree with me.. but I’m the fool lol!!
    How do you know they agree with you? Because they made a trade that included Ingram as well as 2 other 1sr round players and the rights to like 7 years of Lakers 1st round picks you think that means they believe Ingram is the best SF at 21 since LBJ and Durant?

That certainly is something a fool would think.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Given the entire situation this package is good. With the potential to be great if LA falls on hard times. When your franchise player tells everyone he's leaving this is about as good as it gets.

Yea no doubt. I think some are underestimating these draft picks big time. Especially in today’s lottery system we can end up with some great picks. The Lakers can be very good with Lebron and AD surrounded by the right players. AD is injury prone and Lebron is getting older. Just one of them misses time and the Lakers are in trouble. I see some very good draft picks coming out of this deal in the future.

Basketball Guru
    im so happy we did the trade i was hoping for....lonzo and jrue will be hell on the perimeter defense......also seeing lonzo throw lobs to zion will be highlights....

ingram should come in with a chip on his shoulder and i think give us 20....

the picks have a good chance of being good because lebron should be retired and AD cant lead a team so im looking forward to the future picks being nice....

glad gentry was pushing for his general in lonzo..we all know gentry teams work when you have a good general running it and lonzo is that pass first PG.....all i need lonzo to do is work on his shot....

this team will look like it did when AD sat out games after the trade deadline..the team was fun to watch because the ball was moving around and players were getting open shots and running the floor...it was a fun team to watch win or loss....

now i just hope that gentry uses ingram the right way because i dont want to see him standing around shooting the ball...he has to turn ingram loose and let him attack using his height...

its a good summer for the pels...

How do you know they agree with you? Because they made a trade that included Ingram as well as 2 other 1sr round players and the rights to like 7 years of Lakers 1st round picks you think that means they believe Ingram is the best SF at 21 since LBJ and Durant?

That certainly is something a fool would think.

It takes a fool to see that Ingram wasn’t the centerpiece of this deal. What made this deal so great is the picks to go along with him. How do I know they agree? Because we would have taken Kuzma instead of Ingram if that’s how we felt. Griffin has talked about Ingram as someone who can be a cornerstone. We don’t trade AD and have Ingram coming off a health issue as part of the deal if we don’t think he can be great. So for them to believe in Ingram it would have to mean they think he’s going to be as good as Lebron or Durant? No for them to believe in Ingram is for them to have graded him as someone they think fits with Zion going forward and can be a star SF who looks to be the best SF in the NBA under 25 years old going into the future. I would say they agree with me on Ingram and not you..

I think the Lakers are going to bring in Cousins. I have a feeling this will be the route they go to please fans getting another star. AD/Boogie with Kuzma off the bench. I’m just praying they don’t find a way to get Kyrie or Kemba..

There is now talk that Bradley Beal could be a target of the Pels!! I have been saying this for months!! My dream scenario could all fall in place!!

Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion
    This is a core 4 that can win a championship!! Not years from now but compete immediately!

Basketball Guru
    I think the Lakers are going to bring in Cousins. I have a feeling this will be the route they go to please fans getting another star. AD/Boogie with Kuzma off the bench. I’m just praying they don’t find a way to get Kyrie or Kemba..
    i dont see kyrie being a 3rd banana to lebron and AD after wanting to be the man on his own team.....he has his chance to be in NY so i think he will take it...

kemba said he would take less money to stay with the hornets and that tell me he like where he is at...i hope he dont flip and would be willing to take less money to be in LA....

i see boogie going to LA also trying to chase a easy ring but the injury thing might make him take a longer contract somewhere else....

forget the lakers..denver and utah may take that next step and make it to the finals this season coming...

We have Okafor/Wood/Diallo that can all play center. I’m comfortable going into next season with this group. Even after we say one someone like Beal we will still have assets to land a center. I’m having trouble finding a center that would actually be available I think is worth trading for and fits with what we need. I wouldn’t mind trying to pry Mitchell Robinson away from the Knicks. Only thing we need imo is a long athletic defensive center who doesn’t need the ball to impact the game. What would you guys like to see us do at center? I still think Okafor is going to develop into a very solid center.

Basketball Guru
    There is now talk that Bradley Beal could be a target of the Pels!! I have been saying this for months!! My dream scenario could all fall in place!!

Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion
    This is a core 4 that can win a championship!! Not years from now but compete immediately!
    only thing wrong with that is gentry fought for ball to be his PG and wants jrue at off guard....you got to give the man what he need to win in his system...

Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion
    I'm all in on getting Beal, but I doubt you get him without having to give up Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i dont see kyrie being a 3rd banana to lebron and AD after wanting to be the man on his own team.....he has his chance to be in NY so i think he will take it...

kemba said he would take less money to stay with the hornets and that tell me he like where he is at...i hope he dont flip and would be willing to take less money to be in LA....

i see boogie going to LA also trying to chase a easy ring but the injury thing might make him take a longer contract somewhere else....

forget the lakers..denver and utah may take that next step and make it to the finals this season coming...
    Yea I definitely agree. I could see Kyrie going to LA but I don’t see Kemba going. With his loyalty to the Hornets and the $ they can offer I just don’t see it happening. I think Cousins will sign maybe a 2 year deal with the Lakers having the 2nd year as a player option. I think he’s going to go whenever the $ is though even if it’s in Orlando. He lost a lot of $ and he didn’t even get a ring. I think he takes the financial route no matter what this time. The Lakers could be that team even in that case. If the Lakers land Boogie they would have a very good big man trio with AD/Kuz/Boogie that compliment each other well. Going to be an interesting offseason.

Thread Information