Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Done

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    sounds much better with the unprotected picks that's for sure - but the lakers always spend in FA and you'd think the odds are low for a super high pick on any given year. still - much better now.

and it's fun to route for the lakers to crash & burn.
    They had the 4th pick this year...

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    sounds much better with the unprotected picks that's for sure - but the lakers always spend in FA and you'd think the odds are low for a super high pick on any given year. still - much better now.

and it's fun to route for the lakers to crash & burn.
    They always spend, but the question of what they actual get is up in the air.

Kyrie's off to Brooklyn. KD is out for the entire year, and is probably NY bound anyway. Kawhi is probably staying in Toronto now, and even if he doesn't, LAC are the favourites for him, not LAL. Kemba said recently he'd even take a paycut to stay in Charlotte: he's not leaving, I bet.

Last year they were willing to spend. They got Michael Beasley, Rajon Rondo, Javale McGee, and Lance Stephenson. Let's see who they spend for now.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Only thing to do now is binge watch Brandon Ingram highlights until I like that he's on the team now. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Only thing to do now is binge watch Brandon Ingram highlights until I like that he's on the team now. *sigh*
    He hates LA, that's enough for me.

Even if he plays like garbage, which I imagine he will at least sometimes, even if he's improving, I'll just remember that he hates LA too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Given that Scott Kushner and Duncan have been tweeting that Griff isn't done, I would not be surprised.

I'd rather keep Ball over Ingram, but I'd much prefer one of them get moved so I can swallow my tongue if it's Ball for something good.
    LoL keep praying it’s Ingram and not Ball but guess what.. not gonna happen!! Griffin believes Ingram can be a cornerstone and an all star along with many others. Get over the fact you have to watch Ingram prove you wrong every night.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL keep praying it’s Ingram and not Ball but guess what.. not gonna happen!! Griffin believes Ingram can be a cornerstone and an all star along with many others. Get over the fact you have to watch Ingram prove you wrong every night.
    Or prove him right.

I think we can win in a similar fashion as the Raptors.

Zion/Leonard
    Ingram/Pascal
    Jrue/Lowry

We put the right guys around these 3 star players and this team can do some damage. I saw we move Ball to PHX and grab that 6th pick. Package the 4th and 6th to the Wizards for Bradley Beal. Having Jrue and Beal alone is a dangerous duo that can make the playoffs. You throw in Zion and Ingram! It’s about to get exciting Pelicans fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Or prove him right.
    He doesn't believe that's a possibility.

I've already said in this very thread that now they're on the team, since I'm a Pelicans fan not a player fan, I hope they prove me wrong. He doesn't care about that because all he wants are cheap gotcha moments. Let him have them; I've got him on ignore anyway. Much better things out there that I could do than waste my time on him. Like bashing my head up a wall until the paint chips, for example.

Hey so, you know how we got the LA 2024 pick, unprotected?

And you know how that's the year Lebron turns 40? So it's likely to be a pretty good pick.

Isn't that also the year Lebron James Jr enters the draft?

It's amazing that by waiting to trade AD we not only won the lottery but got a haul for AD multiple times bigger than what Magic offered at the deadline.

One thing that's important to note:

The only reason we can have such faith in this haul is that Griff has shown himself thus far to be pretty competent, and has put in place a competent staff.

Draft picks only mean anything if you have a front office capable of doing scouting, doing development, etc etc.

If Dell had somehow found a way to make this trade, it would have been the greatest move of his career. But it would also not fill me with that much hope: this is Dell Demps. What he does with first round draft picks is find a way to make them useless, by and large. And when we drafted players we did little to develop them: they would always get better when they left. Or they wouldn't want to play here anyway because the front office was such a turn off.

With our current FO, I feel much more confident that they will scout properly, make good drafting choices, and work properly on developing those draft picks. No, that doesn't mean every draft pick will turn into a star. You can never guarantee that. But the chances are so much better with Griff, Langdon, Cash, and Nelson, than they were before.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

I mean, I'm shocked we haven't done this yet. But we gotta throw the highlights up. Just because.

Wow.

It's like an onion and the layers keep unraveling.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Bobby Marks on ESPN saying deal likely not to be completed until July 30 to assist Lakers in free agency cap-wise. Costs Pelicans $4 million in cap space (because pick #4 will be signed by then).

Hey so, you know how we got the LA 2024 pick, unprotected?

And you know how that's the year Lebron turns 40? So it's likely to be a pretty good pick.

Isn't that also the year Lebron James Jr enters the draft?

Lebron will likely be off their books by then; they will quite possibly have a 31 yo Anthony Davis(or maybe not, who knows)

2024 is an awfully long ways off. It's really hard to predict who will be really good then. But the Lakers are the Lakers.....outside of this recent stretch where they have picked high multiple times, they had a historically consistent stretch of picking very low. In 2014 they picked 7th, 2015 2nd, 2016 2nd, 2017 2nd. So for 4 years they picked high and 3 of those years very high.

But before that? They had a freaking 31 year stretch where their highest pick was 10th. Think about that- for 31 straight years they didn't have a single very good 1st round pick. And the worthy pick wasn't even theirs initially but clevelands, so its really like 34.

that's why the 2015-1017 draft period for them was so talked about(in addition to them being the premiere franchise in the league)...because this *never* happens to the laker. No team has picked so amazingly low for so long consecutively I don't believe.....

If you had to pick one team in the nba and look to the future 5+ years and not even think about the current rosters and say "oh they will be good", then the lakers are that team....that's what history tells us at least.

All I know is right now they have Lebron Freaking James and a 26 year old AD. And more brand equity than any team in the league. They are happy and they should be.

We should also be happy relative to where we were as a franchise a month ago...because now we have Zion. Until the lakers trade for him several years down the road....(sorry bad joke)

Interesting that Ball, Ingram, and Hart were all first round picks..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tacosman View Post

We should also be happy relative to where we were as a franchise a month ago...because now we have Zion. Until the lakers trade for him several years down the road....(sorry bad joke)
    Slap yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

I mean, I'm shocked we haven't done this yet. But we gotta throw the highlights up. Just because.
    Whatever thumbnail filter they've used there makes them all look filthy.

Does this mean that we can root against LeBron, AD and the Lakers for the next 5+ years and not seem petty but simply trying to get our team better picks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    Does this mean that we can root against LeBron, AD and the Lakers for the next 5+ years and not seem petty but simply trying to get our team better picks ?
    Yes it does. Until 2025.

Yes it does. Until 2025.
    Depends. If the deferment rumors are true maybe we can root against them until 2026.

With Houston (I hate Gordon) falling off a cliff, Golden State hobbled, and AD with LA.....it really consolidates my "teams I root against and wish bad things upon" list.

Nice and tidy.

Depends. If the deferment rumors are true maybe we can root against them until 2026.
    Depends on if Lebron's son plays in college or comes straight in from high school

Or prove him right.
    It’s very possible. Which is a bad thing for all of us. Sorry I’m not pouting and going to be rooting against someone to be right. Not saying any names.. I have already made my stance on Ingram as a SF who is a future all star. I think he reaches a level in between someone like Butler and Durant. We got a good one!

Thread Information