Pelicans Report

Thread: Todd Graffagnini to be Pels Play-by-Play guy next season

Todd Graffagnini to be Pels Play-by-Play guy next season

Meh
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Dang no Joel?

I think this is radio, not TV.

Sean Kelley is headed for a national gig.

Todd is an excellent choice. His game-calling has improved throughout his years at Tulane. He is very passionate about Tulane sports, and I am sure he will bring that same enthusiasm to the Pelicans.

I worked with T-Graff when I was a producer on the Gerry V show and he would come in for different segments. He is a good guy (from what I know of him), and he knows sports, I just don’t appreciate his voice as much as I do a Joel Meyers or sean Kelley type.

Who is the color radio guy nowadays?

An excellent move! Graff. Tells it like it is. He gets very excited calling the games. You will like him.

Final thought if you like wrestling announcer ‘s you will like Graff.

Ugh. Graff is unbearable... what's with the Saints org and hiring terrible PBP guys lately?

Happy for Kelley tho. He did great here.

Quote Originally Posted by keijicosis View Post
    Ugh. Graff is unbearable... what's with the Saints org and hiring terrible PBP guys lately?

Happy for Kelley tho. He did great here.

At least they did not bring back Gerry V!

https://www.pelicansreport.com/showt...member-Gerry-V

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Floyd View Post
    Who is the color radio guy nowadays?
    I think this past season it was mostly John Deshazier with Daniel Sallerson sometimes filling in. Not 100% sure though.

Graff is great. Love the emotions he's going to bring.

Thank god she did not hire Deke either.

Graff is wonderful if you expect the good guys to go 82-0. Never a bad word said about his employer’s team. Just a cheerleader.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Happy for Sean, he deserves his new role. I'm gonna miss his presence with the team though. Stand up guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpstr View Post
    Graff is wonderful if you expect the good guys to go 82-0. Never a bad word said about his employer’s team. Just a cheerleader.
    He has two modes.

Happy homer.

And Manic depressive.

The emotional rollercoaster of his broadcasting style is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by keijicosis View Post
    He has two modes.

Happy homer.

And Manic depressive.

The emotional rollercoaster of his broadcasting style is awful.
    You’re right. Now that you say that, I happened to listen to the end Tulane’s last men’s conference basketball game (I believe vs. Memphis). You’d have thought he was reporting that the Hindenburg had crashed. Absolutely over the top.

Starter
    In Todd's defense, he has 40+ years of bleeding Olive Green and Sky Blue. it's expected that his emotions go with the flow of the game. That being said, he's a professional and really developed into a very good broadcaster. I am confident he will call Pelicans games in a different manner than collegiate games.

Seems like the only ones against this are the Tulane haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpstr View Post
    You’re right. Now that you say that, I happened to listen to the end Tulane’s last men’s conference basketball game (I believe vs. Memphis). You’d have thought he was reporting that the Hindenburg had crashed. Absolutely over the top.
    I assume you weren't aware that was the last game of a 4-27 season that ended with an 0-18 conf record? Basically the Hindenburg HAD crashed. Yes, he may be a homer, but keep in mind, for most sports there wasn't a separate color analyst with him to give you that "homer" aspect, so Todd provided both. He does an excellent job of calling a game on radio, which means giving the score, the time remaining, and all the pertinent info like down and distance, foul situation or whatever, depending on the sport. See how long you have to wait sometimes for Zach Strief to give down and distance during a Saints game and you'll understand. Personally, if the Pels aren't happy with him, Tulane would love to have him back.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Seems like the only ones against this are the Tulane haters.
    I could counter and say it seems like the only ones for him are the Tulane fans.

I have no love or hate for Tulane. However, I have heard Graff's calls on the radio a few times and I hate his style of broadcasting.

Hopefully he tones it down a bit for the Pelicans broadcast. That said we're losing one of the best and glad Kelley got a bigger gig.
    Last edited by keijicosis; 06-14-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Thread Information