Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ESPN PARTY FOR PELS FANS EXCITED ABOUT ZION

ESPN PARTY FOR PELS FANS EXCITED ABOUT ZION

Hi everyone,

I work for ESPN and I will be visiting your great city this weekend to find Pels fans to talk about Zion. We are holding a private party and crawfish boil for you to enjoy as we film and show Zion what to expect when he gets drafted to the Pelicans. We will be filming for a feature hosted by ESPN correspondent Marty Smith that will air on ESPN on Draft Day.

Marty and I are looking to find the locals take on New Orleans and what makes it so special. We also want you to tell us why Zion should be excited to drafted there.

I have a limited amount of tickets set aside for the members of the Pelicans Report.

The Boil will be at 5 pm on Saturday, June 15th. Please only message/post if you can make this date and time.

In your message/post tell me what you'd like to say to Zion. I'll draw names and message the winners with the location on Thursday afternoon. Winners will get 2 tickets to the event.

Invites to this event can also be won on the Sports Hangover with Gus Kattengill on ESPN RADIO 100.3 FM. He will be giving out invites all week on his radio show from 12-3pm.

Good Luck and I look forward to meeting you on Saturday

Dale Mauldin

I saw a post thinking this was a scam. The moderators of this site have verified that I work for ESPN and that this is a real event.

This sounds like a fun event and one I'd love to go to if I wasn't living out of town and unable to make it that day.

Someone needs to tell Zion that this city loves its sports figures and will always support them. The city has suffered a lot but has always taken it's punches and kept going. Show loyalty to Nola and Nola will show loyalty back for life.

This like an interview for sportscenter situation? My mom always told me I have a literature face not a TV face...

Zion, Don’t watch ESPN! You are welcome here in NOLA and yes I will buy you a brew.

That is my message.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 06-10-2019 at 05:40 PM.

it's for SportsCenter but it's way more informal, no sit-down interviews. I'm putting you in the drawing for tickets.

I like what you're saying, too bad you're out of town.

Wish I lived near NOLA.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I don't live in the area. I wish I could come.

Also, disregard anything negative I said about your company :P

If picked, I'll go.

To Zion: Nola truly is a good pot of gumbo. All these different cultures just come together as one whether it's time of jubilation or resilience. Just embrace the city and show some love, you will be the ingredient that everyone is talking about for years to come.

I’m sorry for being negative earlier too. Some of these contests on forums. You don’t know if real or a joke.

I down can kids go?

Zion King as King Zulu on Mardi Gras

Props To ESPN for coming to message boards like this and finding real fans to attend. Sounds like it’s going to be a fun evening.

My message to Zion would be that he has a chance to do something special. New Orleans basketball has long been looking for its own Drew Brees to lift up the franchise but so far from Chris Paul to Anthony Davis no one has been able to do it. With Drew Brees retirement looming if he is able to to live up to the hype and turn this franchise into a winner he will be the heir to Brees, become the king of NOLA and be universally beloved throughout the city.

My message to him would be that he has a chance to be even bigger than Brees. He has the personality on top of being a freak. He can absolutely be the king of the gulf coast region .The city loves the players and the players love the fans . Look at Reggie Bush when he first came in league. The fans absolutely loved him even though he didn't perform up to expectations of being an all time great.
    Last edited by roberthgrove; 06-11-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KennaBrah View Post
    If picked, I'll go.

To Zion: Nola truly is a good pot of gumbo. All these different cultures just come together as one whether it's time of jubilation or resilience. Just embrace the city and show some love, you will be the ingredient that everyone is talking about for years to come.
    This is almost a line out of our script! I like what you're saying you're in the contest. I plan on pulling names Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by roberthgrove View Post
    I down can kids go?
    Kids are welcome, its always fun to see the next generation of fans. I'll put your name in the drawing!

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Props To ESPN for coming to message boards like this and finding real fans to attend. Sounds like it’s going to be a fun evening.

My message to Zion would be that he has a chance to do something special. New Orleans basketball has long been looking for its own Drew Brees to lift up the franchise but so far from Chris Paul to Anthony Davis no one has been able to do it. With Drew Brees retirement looming if he is able to to live up to the hype and turn this franchise into a winner he will be the heir to Brees, become the king of NOLA and be universally beloved throughout the city.
    I like it! Your name is in the drawing! I'll let you know Thursday. Also if you have friends that aren't on this message board, let them know about this contest and have them join the site! Might as well double your chances to get in, its gunna be a fun afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by DM_VIDEOMAKER View Post
    Kids are welcome, its always fun to see the next generation of fans. I'll put your name in the drawing!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roberthgrove View Post
    My message to him would be that he has a chance to be even bigger than Brees. He has the personality on top of being a freak. He can absolutely be the king of the gulf coast region .The city loves the players and the players love the fans . Look at Reggie Bush when he first came in league. The fans absolutely loved him even though he didn't perform up to expectations of being an all time great.
    I'm down to enter the drawing, but I wanted to echo this sentiment. Zion has the personality, ethic, and support to take on the mantle soon to be left by Brees. That position as "King of Nola Sports" was incredibly profitable and successful for Brees, and can catapult Zion in ways he can't even imagine right now.
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    I'm down to enter the drawing, but I wanted to echo this sentiment. Zion has the personality, ethic, and support to take on the mantle soon to be left by Brees. That position as "King of Nola Sports" was incredibly profitable and successful for Brees, and can catapult Zion in ways he can't even imagine right now.
    Smow you're in the drawing!

I am also interested in attending the crawfish boil.
    I would tell Zion that his anticipated arrival in NOLA has already had a major impact in my family's life. My son and I used to go to Pelicans games quite often before last season, but the whole AD debacle really soured us on the NBA and we didn't attend any games in the second half of the season. My son's interest in the Pels has soared since those ping pong balls fell our way. Pels games are a great bonding experience for me and my son, and I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    I am also interested in attending the crawfish boil.
    I would tell Zion that his anticipated arrival in NOLA has already had a major impact in my family's life. My son and I used to go to Pelicans games quite often before last season, but the whole AD debacle really soured us on the NBA and we didn't attend any games in the second half of the season. My son's interest in the Pels has soared since those ping pong balls fell our way. Pels games are a great bonding experience for me and my son, and I missed that.
    We would love to have you and your son out to tell us your story. you're in the drawing!

Interested. I'd tell Zion to not be afraid to check out the culture. I think a lot of pro athletes just play and not really take advantage of the what the city has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by n00gze View Post
    Interested. I'd tell Zion to not be afraid to check out the culture. I think a lot of pro athletes just play and not really take advantage of the what the city has to offer.
    n00gze you're in the drawing!

Thread Information