Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans Hiring Ex-WNBA Star Swin Cash As VP of Basketball Operations

Pelicans Pelicans Hiring Ex-WNBA Star Swin Cash As VP of Basketball Operations

Griff making moves

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/10/ne...all-operations

The New Orleans Pelicans are hiring former WNBA Swin Cash to a senior executive position, reports ESPN's Zach Lowe.

According to the report, the Pelicans will name Cash vice president of basketball operations and team development, which includes scouting and player development.

Cash was a four-time All-Star during her 15 seasons in the league. Her 479 games played are sixth in WNBA history.

Cash, 39, also won two national championship playing for Geno Auriemma at the University of Connecticut and won three WNBA titles.

She mostly recently worked as an NBA analyst on several networks.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Diversity of thought is paramount. She knows her basketball. Can’t wait to see how our org continues to grow and develop.

Birdman and Manny Fresh need to be hired for half time entertainment directors (well, Manny Fresh at least).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Definitely would have preferred someone with actual NBA basketball ops experience. or a business/analytics person which we are still missing imo.

Extremely glad to see it. Her basketball resume is deep and varied, and as a player she was used to winning. Always glad to at that kind of knowledge and experience to the team.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Definitely would have preferred someone with actual NBA basketball ops experience. or a business/analytics person which we are still missing imo.
    I don't think they're done adding pieces.

Already added Griffin, Nelson, and Langdon. The basketball IQ of our FO is getting insane right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Hey you never know. Its like applying for a job that you have no experience, but find out you can do it very well IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY.

Time will tell... but I like the move.

In case you are wondering, Davis has not changed his mind.

Well, we didnt hire her for no reason. Were getting an influx of young talent for her to work with when AD is traded (Preferrably less than 3 years experience players or multiple rookies)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I don’t assume she does not know about the NBA. I hear she understands the basketball leagues, all of them. And I am happy she is a woman. More diversity is needed.

Griff’s next acquisition?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I personally think it's a great hire. I love how much action this team is taking into changing the culture as a whole.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Great hire! Griffin has absolutely killed it this offseason. I don’t know what else he could really do better then what he has done. Only wish I have for him now is to hire an NBA shooting coach Chris Matthews also know as “Lethal Shooter” on Instagram. This guy is one of the best at what he does and I would love to see him work with Zion to start his career. Could turn Jrue into a deadly 3pt shooter which would take his game to another level. He has a few teams that have hired him last season to work with some players with the Lakers and Sixers being 2 of the teams I believe. If we can’t steal him away full time then just have him work with Zion and Jrue. Griffin has been nothing short of incredible so far! The crazy thing is he is just getting started!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Great hire! Griffin has absolutely killed it this offseason. I don’t know what else he could really do better then what he has done. Only wish I have for him now is to hire an NBA shooting coach Chris Matthews also know as “Lethal Shooter” on Instagram. This guy is one of the best at what he does and I would love to see him work with Zion to start his career. Could turn Jrue into a deadly 3pt shooter which would take his game to another level. He has a few teams that have hired him last season to work with some players with the Lakers and Sixers being 2 of the teams I believe. If we can’t steal him away full time then just have him work with Zion and Jrue. Griffin has been nothing short of incredible so far! The crazy thing is he is just getting started!!
    Was this supposed to support him being hired?

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Was this supposed to support him being hired?
    Yeah, I thought that.

I don't know if Lethal Shooter is a good coach or not, I really can't say. I haven't seen his training sessions, I haven't spoken to him. I can't judge.

But if you're gonna give some testimonials, maybe ''he worked with the 29th ranked three point shooting team last year'' isn't a great one.

Sixers actually were 8th in 3pt %age last season, so that's a bit better.

Thread Information