Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Confession time: Who wanted to pay Boogie the max?

You shouldn't have to be told that 2yr/40m with the 2nd year being a team option us NOT a max deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You shouldn't have to be told that 2yr/40m with the 2nd year being a team option us NOT a max deal.
    Still laughing you were okay with that deal even if it was not the max.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Still laughing you were okay with that deal even if it was not the max.
    Two different arguments. Don't claim max when Dell offered nothing close.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Two different arguments. Don't claim max when Dell offered nothing close.
    Go ahead spin it Mythol. It the reason people are blocking you on twitter. 2 years 40 mill would have send light years behind. No it is not max but worse.

If we got to give it to someone give it to Randle.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 06-11-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Go ahead spin it Mythol. It the reason people are blocking you on twitter. 2 years 40 mill would have send light years behind. No it is not max but worse.

If we got to give it to someone give it to Randle.
    LOL. 2yr/40m with a team option for the 2nd year is worse then a max? Are you just trying to parody MM at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    But the injury was significant. Building a roster is a fluid process and you are never "committed" to anything.
    At some point you are. When a team has committed so much to two players it better to see it to completion. The injury could have easily workout better long term for the Pelicans. The reason the Warriors were so good was Curry's second contract was a prove it deal. We could have signed Cousins to a prove it deal. I'm sure he would have rather that than the 5mil he got for one season.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    At some point you are. When a team has committed so much to two players it better to see it to completion. The injury could have easily workout better long term for the Pelicans. The reason the Warriors were so good was Curry's second contract was a prove it deal. We could have signed Cousins to a prove it deal. I'm sure he would have rather that than the 5mil he got for one season.
    He clearly wasn't interested in a prove it deal since he turned that down in order to sign for 1/5.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    He clearly wasn't interested in a prove it deal since he turned that down in order to sign for 1/5.
    Resigning cousins would have probably allowed us to keep AD. I was in favor of doing what it took to sign him (wouldn’t have taken the max). I thought it was a mistake to let him go. Everything worked out because the Pelicans improbably beat 96% odds and got the first pick. I am happy with how it worked out so far (hoping for good return on AD trade) but still don’t think that was a wise choice. You couldn’t foresee such an unlikely stroke of luck to get the first pick.

The man just lost 35 mil and a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    To my knowledge Demps washed his hands with the whole situation after the season ended. Never came back to Cousins with another contract.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    To my knowledge Demps washed his hands with the whole situation after the season ended. Never came back to Cousins with another contract.
    Reports were that he reiterated his offer of 2/$40 during playoffs. Once free agency started and Cousins maintained the stance that he would not accept that, the Pelicans pursued and signed Randle. Demps offered Cousins what we had left (between $12 and $15 million on a one year deal). He turned that down as well obviously,.

Cousins also gave up his bird rights.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Reports were that he reiterated his offer of 2/$40 during playoffs. Once free agency started and Cousins maintained the stance that he would not accept that, the Pelicans pursued and signed Randle. Demps offered Cousins what we had left (between $12 and $15 million on a one year deal). He turned that down as well obviously,.
    Yeah I believe Cousins said the opposite. But we'll never know with the he said she said going on.

Thread Information