Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Confession time: Who wanted to pay Boogie the max?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We never even HAD Seth Curry!!! He was just on the summer league team! He was never a Pelican, never signed a contract with the team, never had a jersey, never played a single game for the Pelicans. And since entering the league, he's bounced from team to team and has only averaged double digits once, for one team.

Come on. Next you're going to try and roast Dell for letting Austin Rivers go.

Jimmertime!

Moving on now. Griffin doing a great job cleaning Demps mess.

Why are some people acting so dumb? Why does a thread about Cousins even have Seth Curry, Quinn Cook, or anyone else being discussed? Why does anyone CARE?

Let your anger go that you had for Demps. He's not here anymore, none of it matters. He was good, bad, whatever, he's gone. We are less than 2 weeks away from the biggest trade in the Pelicans franchise history.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Whether or not I wanted to pay him is irrelevant. I couldn't understand why we traded for him just to let him walk. That's one of Demps major blunders.
    I didn’t want to pay max money but I would have been willing to go pretty high before the injury. After I thought it was a more than fair offer.

As for letting him walk for nothing it’s better than signing him to a big contract when he doesn’t want to be here ala EGordon. If someone doesn’t want to be here then don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. It would have been nice to get a little something back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why are some people acting so dumb? Why does a thread about Cousins even have Seth Curry, Quinn Cook, or anyone else being discussed? Why does anyone CARE?

Let your anger go that you had for Demps. He's not here anymore, none of it matters. He was good, bad, whatever, he's gone. We are less than 2 weeks away from the biggest trade in the Pelicans franchise history.

Agree let’s just move on to the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Agree let’s just move on to the trade.

M.M says hello to you!

M.M says hello to you!
    As long as this version of MM is better than his actual persona then we got no issues. I honestly hope he does have an alternative account where he doesn't have to be a pita and can just engage in normal conversation without all the self sucking he does.

As long as this version of MM is better than his actual persona then we got no issues. I honestly hope he does have an alternative account where he doesn't have to be a pita and can just engage in normal conversation without all the self sucking he does.
    He still visits this site.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I didn’t want to pay max money but I would have been willing to go pretty high before the injury. After I thought it was a more than fair offer.

As for letting him walk for nothing it’s better than signing him to a big contract when he doesn’t want to be here ala EGordon. If someone doesn’t want to be here then don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. It would have been nice to get a little something back though.
    I get the injury had to be something that changed the plan, but when you planned on making the Davis/Cousins combo the future only to bail on it. It seemed like they didn't think it all the way through. I think at that point you are pot committed.

Completely unsurprising.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ran daily namesearches on twitter or something
    Basketball.

Obviously the Warrior's finesse rubbed off on him. How else do you explain a 6'10" 285 pound man flailing every time someone breathed on him?

Quote Originally Posted by NOMan78 View Post
    Obviously the Warrior's finesse rubbed off on him. How else do you explain a 6'10" 285 pound man flailing every time someone breathed on him?
    He will never be the same.

I believe you and if he's posting under another name hopefully we can have pleasant interactions without the stigma that the double MMs add.

I believe you and if he's posting under another name hopefully we can have pleasant interactions without the stigma that the double MMs add.
    He would like an apology from you then he will unblock you on Twitter.

He would like an apology from you then he will unblock you on Twitter.
    LOL. I'd rather keep interacting with Pseudo MM. It's far more pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    grow up

As a mostly lurker, I read this and agree completely. I feel like so many threads just turn into people attacking each other and I don't get it. I don't know, maybe subtleties and sarcasm doesn't travel well through text. Either way I love the Pelicans and I love you all, so lets start being better towards each other lol. Hope I don't get roasted for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet182 View Post
    As a mostly lurker, I read this and agree completely. I feel like so many threads just turn into people attacking each other and I don't get it. I don't know, maybe subtleties and sarcasm doesn't travel well through text. Either way I love the Pelicans and I love you all, so lets start being better towards each other lol. Hope I don't get roasted for this!
    *breaks a glass bottle on the ground*

Where's MSU when I need him.

*breaks a glass bottle on the ground*

Where's MSU when I need him.
    I wish I had any idea what this meant haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet182 View Post
    I wish I had any idea what this meant haha
    It's an inside joke that we've been doing lately. It's nothing mean. More a tease at MSU because of MY Elfrid comments a couple days ago. Like I got so upset with your comments that I broke a glass bottle.

Ahhh I see. I didn't take it as anything negative. Figured it was something like you explained. While I've lurked for almost 15 years, I honestly don't really read the names and who's saying what so I didn't even know who MSU was so that's on me

Come on out and confess. I’ll even eat the crow.

Who else wants to confess now? We can now agree Demps was a bad GM.
    Don't want to hijack your thread so I'll respond. I'm not the smartest fan from an actual knowledge of the game stand point, so I wanted them to do anything they could to keep him pre injury. We've been devoid of "superstars" for a while on this team so just having him on the team was a sexy thought. But achilles injuries are often career altering, so post injury yea I wanted nothing to do with that.

Quit defending Demps. Griffin has already exposed several deficiencies Demps had done.
    Including Demps in this conversation is wierd and makes no sense. Before injury we don't know if this team would have offered him the max, but he was playing like a max player before the injury. Had multiple 40/20 games and the team had begun to win.

After the injury the team didn't offer him the max.

So what the hell are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I get the injury had to be something that changed the plan, but when you planned on making the Davis/Cousins combo the future only to bail on it. It seemed like they didn't think it all the way through. I think at that point you are pot committed.
    But the injury was significant. Building a roster is a fluid process and you are never "committed" to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Including Demps in this conversation is wierd and makes no sense. Before injury we don't know if this team would have offered him the max, but he was playing like a max player before the injury. Had multiple 40/20 games and the team had begun to win.

After the injury the team didn't offer him the max.

So what the hell are you talking about?
    Wrong 2 years 40 mil Demps offered

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...contract-offer

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/07/03...-after-injury/

Thread Information