Pelicans Report

Thread: New season ticket holder with questions

New season ticket holder with questions

Hey guys, just had a quick question. Just got full season tickets for the first time and was wondering if they are easy to sell on secondary market. I’m a saints season ticket holder as well but I do sell a few of the marquee games during the year to either break even or come close. Broke college student but love going. I figured 42 games gives ample opportunity to make back some of the $700 spent but wanted to get some input. And also for people with full tickets, how do you like it?? Do you make it out to all the games?? I’m excited, section 308 row 6!

Not a season ticket holder myself due to living literally an ocean away, but welcome to the board! Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question properly, I know there's a couple of STH's on here that might know.
    Basketball.

Not really easy to sell on the secondary market. Having Zion may help initially. The tickets that are easier to sell would be the Warriors and Lebron games and probably whatever team AD goes to.

I do the weekend 12 game package myself as i have a little drive. I usually buy/sell random games here and there during the week of teams i want to see. I generally will buy some that are cheap that i may want to go to and try to sell at a profit....if they dont sell i just go. I am lucky enough to have my 12 games in Sec. 101 half court and siked about the upcoming season.

Selling tickets is not an investment stragety but you can get some of your money back selling the big games and keep moving the price to match what is selling around you. Especially for weekday tickets you can find some pretty good seats at a reasonable prices so you have to stay diligent. Section 308 will be a little more of a challenge as those tickets are generally abundant and not the most preferred angle however alot of people do like that view and at the right price you should be able to sell some and end up eating some. I would expect to take some of a loss overall in trying to sell. Moral of the story is expect to lose money overall but you can reduce the hit some if you use a good selling stragety. Like pelicansfan said focus on selling the warrior/LA and other playoff teams for the best chance of making some money back.

Also, if you dont go you can also look at those extra tickets as gifts to friends or combine them to have a party with friends. You can take games you not going to and combine into a certain game possible. You are also eligible for a 5 game buyback that will carry over to next season purchase. Talk to your ticket agent about combining tickets to see what they can do.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 06-06-2019 at 10:08 AM.

I had weekend packages (due to living out of a few hours away and not being able to go to mid week games) for a couple years. Lower bowl tickets in a nice location. This was like AD years 2-4 of being here. I never found the secondary market to be so amazing that it would really offset the cost of my tickets as a whole.

Maybe if you sold all your tickets to the marquee games and only went to the games that no one wanted to go to. The NBA isn't like the NFL though. There's simply too many games to keep the demand super high unless you're a super competitive team going for a title or something.

Maybe Zion helps that but I don't think you can expect to sell like half your tickets and then that will cover your entire season ticket cost. Be happy if you get the value of the ticket itself. Especially against bad teams.

I had full season tickets until I moved. They are not easy to sell outside of marquee games and because games rarely sell out you are competing with face value available direct from the team.

That said, if you know there are games you aren't going to, they used to buy back tickets from you for credit towards next season or if you wanted to get more seats for a particular game to take extra people. There was a 48 hour window prior to game day I think.

Overall I loved having season tickets. The 2 free beers before games made it worth it to me alone and the concession discounts too. My rep would often move me to the closer, or bring me on the floor for shoot around. He would also give me free tickets from time to time to give out to friends to try and hook them. It was really an excellent customer service experience and money well spent.

** they bought back more than 5 games for me and will for you too if you make them feel confident you will renew

Thread Information