Pelicans Report

Thread: Lavar talks about Lonzo playing with Zion

Lavar talks about Lonzo playing with Zion

https://twitter.com/theherd/status/1...141632000?s=21
    Click Link to view video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 06-04-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    https://twitter.com/theherd/status/1...141632000?s=21
    Click Link to view video

He can "have is chance to do his thing" hopefully with another team other than the Pelicans. No thanks!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Lonzo is excellent in transition and a really good defender. He'd be a significant upgrade over Elfrid Payton. I don't know where the spacing is going to come from if you do a deal with the Lakers, which is why I'd prefer to move Lonzo and draft Garland, but if you could add three point shooting on the wing to Lonzo and Jrue, that's not a bad team with Zion also running the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Lonzo is excellent in transition and a really good defender. He'd be a significant upgrade over Elfrid Payton. I don't know where the spacing is going to come from if you do a deal with the Lakers, which is why I'd prefer to move Lonzo and draft Garland, but if you could add three point shooting on the wing to Lonzo and Jrue, that's not a bad team with Zion also running the floor.
    yea i think we need to somehow find a way to find us a shooter. Using lonzo to trade for a sniper would be great...I can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    yea i think we need to somehow find a way to find us a shooter. Using lonzo to trade for a sniper would be great...I can only hope.
    Knicks trade includes Allonzo Trier. 39% 3 point shooter as a rookie.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Knicks trade includes Allonzo Trier. 39% 3 point shooter as a rookie.
    Not a lot of volume, but yes, he can shoot. He's a bench guy though. Still need a PG, and can't play him at SF. Tea leaves (yall know I love my tea leaves) are leaning toward the Lakers deal being the deal unless a better offer comes in pretty quick.

Not a lot of volume, but yes, he can shoot. He's a bench guy though. Still need a PG, and can't play him at SF. Tea leaves (yall know I love my tea leaves) are leaning toward the Lakers deal being the deal unless a better offer comes in pretty quick.
    Right now we're stockpiling for the future and for potential, imo.

Still need a PG, can't play him at SF, but no trade really gives us everything we need. Lakers trade gives a PG and a SF in Ball and Ingram, but neither can shoot a lick. Boston trade is the best shot for that if we could get Tatum and Smart, since that's a PG and a SF and Tatum can shoot a little.

Can't wait until this whole thing is over. All I ever see from you is Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. Give it a rest. Their package isn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Can't wait until this whole thing is over. All I ever see from you is Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. Give it a rest. Their package isn't good enough.
    That’s your opinion he has his .

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    That’s your opinion he has his .

It's actually not opinion: NMThreeMVP actually believes the Lakers trade is already done, for a fact.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Man, didn't Lonzo disown his pops? Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    For the record, I’ve posted about trades with Heat, Knick, Celtics, Suns, Clippers...

I mean it’s getting pretty old that all you see is Lakers, Lakers, Lakers...

It's actually not opinion: NMThreeMVP actually believes the Lakers trade is already done, for a fact.
    I believe the Lakers trade is done, and Griff is holding out making it official to see if someone beats it. Not a fact. Just my belief.

I believe the Lakers trade is done, and Griff is holding out making it official to see if someone beats it. Not a fact. Just my belief.
    And you believe that scenario corresponds to something in reality. That is, you think it's true. Not just an opinion on what you'd prefer, but a judgement on what you think has legitimately occurred.

And you believe that scenario corresponds to something in reality. That is, you think it's true. Not just an opinion on what you'd prefer, but a judgement on what you think has legitimately occurred.
    Whatever dude. Sure.

If it’s worth anything - I actually would like Tatum/Smart/Williams/14/22/Memphis pick. I just think it’s not really on the table, and not THAT much better than the Lakers offer. What I think/believe doesn’t matter. Not even a little bit. Except to a few people!

Whatever dude. Sure.

If it’s worth anything - I actually would like Tatum/Smart/Williams/14/22/Memphis pick. I just think it’s not really on the table, and not THAT much better than the Lakers offer. What I think/believe doesn’t matter. Not even a little bit. Except to a few people!

If the Pels agreed to a trade with the Lakers then they couldn't back out of it because they'd get black balled from the entire league. No chance did the Pels tell the Lakers ok but are still listening to other offers. What would even be the incentive to agreeing to ANY trade while still listening to offers? That's not how negotiating works in the NBA.

I'm not saying the Pelicans have or haven't agreed with the Lakers but if they did they also stopped listening to other teams.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If the Pels agreed to a trade with the Lakers then they couldn't back out of it because they'd get black balled from the entire league. No chance did the Pels tell the Lakers ok but are still listening to other offers. What would even be the incentive to agreeing to ANY trade while still listening to offers? That's not how negotiating works in the NBA.

I'm not saying the Pelicans have or haven't agreed with the Lakers but if they did they also stopped listening to other teams.
    all I can say is, that it's really a shame that you should even have to post something like this....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

If Lonzo would commit here and his dad would stay in the shadows I love the deal. Lonzo and Jrue would hands down be the best defensive back court in the NBA. I think Lonzo will becomes a solid 3pt shooter once he is able to work with one coach that won’t keep chancing his mechanics. Ball is one of the best passers in the NBA already and having him on the fast break with Zion would be incredible. As is I think he can be a very solid PG and like I said his shooting will come around. The drama is the only thing that scares me.

Ingram gives us a legit SG/SF that can flat out score and play point forward as well. He is someone that can no doubt shoot 40% from 3pt whole hovering around 50% from FG. Ingram just needs to keep working and developing his game. Just as this kid adds strength he will be a problem. He could have a slow star to next season do to rehabbing from surgery. IMO after the all star break we will have a star caliber SF who will be an all star caliber SF for the next 7+ years.

Then you have Kyle Kuzma who gives you another player who can be a great fit around Zion. He is a big that can stretch the floor and many in basketball are saying he is who they need to keep around for Lebron and AD. The Lakers won’t have that option if they want to make a deal with us.

Unless RJ is there with the Lakers 4th pick I’m packaging the 4th and some potential picks along with Ball for an All Star player similar to what we did with Jrue Holiday. As I have said before Bradley Beal is my guy. Kuzma is also another piece that holds a lot of value around the league and someone who is a big asset for us. I see the Lakers trade as much more then we just get Ingram/Kuzma/Ball/Hart/4th/future picks. Once we have these assets we have so many different options on who we can move and keep to improve this team and put the right guys around each other.

Ideally for me it’s the Knicks who currently have my favorite package but the Lakers are a very close 2nd. I like the Boston deal but they just don’t have the packages to compete with these other 2 IMO. Move Ball, 4th pick, and a future Lakers 1st for Bradley Beal.

Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Kuzma/Zion in a small ball lineup would be so much fun to watch. Zion can easily play center similar to Draymon Green and if he say has a mismatch with some big I can guarantee they have a tougher mismatch going the other way. I think the team below could do some damage next season and depending on Zion being close to what we expect be a team nobody wants to see in the playoffs.

Jrue/Frank
    Beal/Hart
    Ingram/Keinrich
    Zion/Kuzma
    Okafor/Wood/Diallo

Thread Information