Pelicans Report

Thread: R.J. Barrett News (wants to be with Knicks)...Does It Matter?

R.J. Barrett News (wants to be with Knicks)...Does It Matter?

R.J. Barrett after Knicks workout: 'This is the place I want to be' https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rj-barr...?.tsrc=fauxdal

No, he already said in an interview he’d be happy to be here, plus with Zion I’m sure he would like it

Doesn't matter and I'm sure he'd be happy to play with Zion in New Orleans.

But saying this is obvious. His agent doesn't want him to workout for anyone else because it's obvious he's going to go #3 as long as he doesn't get hurt or have a horrible workout. It's a foregone conclusion he'll be drafted by the Knicks, or whoever has the #3 pick if they trade out of it.

Charles Matthews tore his ACL in a workout, so injuries can definitely happen.

He wants to be drafted 3rd so he will say whatever he can to get drafted as high as possible. I'm not worried about his comments.

I think that comment was his way of asking the Grizzlies not to take him at 2.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Is RJ a Klutch guy? Could he be saying that so the Pels shift towards the Lakers deal instead? Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Is RJ a Klutch guy? Could he be saying that so the Pels shift towards the Lakers deal instead? Lmao
    Barrett's agent is Bill Duffy, not a Klutch guy.

Duffy also works for Mike Conley, Luka Doncic, and Rajon Rondo.

The connection is that Duffy also used to be Steve Nash's agent. Barrett probably took guidance from Nash on that.
    Basketball.

I think his heart is set on New York, but he seemed open to going somewhere else in prior interviews. Every player has their preferred destination.

tbh, id prefer a player that has enough character to not pander to whoever they are in front of but what can we expect from these guys balancing their future in their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    R.J. Barrett after Knicks workout: 'This is the place I want to be' https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rj-barr...?.tsrc=fauxdal
    IT DOES NOT MATTER!!! PELS ARE NOT TRADING AD TO NYK FOR THERE 3RD PICK AND THE NYK IS DRAFTING HIM!!! PELS NEED TO TRADE WITH THE LAKERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdee2019 View Post
    IT DOES NOT MATTER!!! PELS ARE NOT TRADING AD TO NYK FOR THERE 3RD PICK AND THE NYK IS DRAFTING HIM!!! PELS NEED TO TRADE WITH THE LAKERS!!
    Thank you for this fantastic, nuanced, and detailed take, Mr Pelinka.

Thread Information