Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Griffin has begun listening to offers for AD

Cool story fellas!

Seriously I hope this happens soon!

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not sure. If that were the case, he would not have refused to workout for Memphis (#2).
    IMO, he's refusing to workout for Memphis because it means his likely landing spot becomes NY. And I believe he's from Toronto area, so he'll be somewhat close to family and friends.

Good to know. It's time for us to move on. Davis was nice , but he is not an alpha type player. Maybe Zion will be...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    But ... I mean... we ARE two weeks from the draft... so Griff is going to be looking for final offers soon... so...
    I agree Griff will be looking to close a deal by rhe draft. I disagree that the leaked info by Shams is trying to force best final offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I like the knicks trade myself but the only thing i worry about is RJ wanting to be in New York and we end up with another AD wanna be in the lights kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Think about who "broke" the story. Shams has been the mouthpiece for Lebron/Klutch in these negotiations. Klutch may be trying to push Griffin to make a deal. Griffin may be slow playing it and it is making Klutch nervous.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Griffin will tell AD that he doesn't like the offers so far and he will need to opt in to an additional year, like Chris Paul, to get traded before the season.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave View Post
    I love that mentality.

The dream was to make it to the NBA. Whichever team that is, you just apply yourself, do your best, and as a rookie that should be the attitude. If you're 10 years into your career then maybe you start having preferences, but as a first year player, just enjoy yourself, take it all in.
    Basketball.

That no look pass by Barrett was beautiful and that dunk was sick, anyone else see a poor mans Tracy McGrady?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Griffin will tell AD that he doesn't like the offers so far and he will need to opt in to an additional year, like Chris Paul, to get traded before the season.
    That is what MM is saying is going to happen.

That is good news to hear. Ok my knicks trade moved up to #1+1.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    That no look pass by Barrett was beautiful and that dunk was sick, anyone else see a poor mans Tracy McGrady?
    I've been making that comparison for a while now. Something about his body language and the way he moves around. He has that kind of potential as well.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I've been making that comparison for a while now. Something about his body language and the way he moves around. He has that kind of potential as well.
    I don't think his ceiling is as high. T Mac was so fluid, so natural. He played with so much feeling on the court when he was healthy that it's actually pretty crazy to think about. Barrett is much stiffer, not nearly as natural a passer, doesn't have that ability to read defenses either. T Mac could slice through a defense even pretty early in his career, whereas Barrett gets stuck in traffic a lot with only one or two moves in his arsenal to escape.

Thread Information