Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Griffin has begun listening to offers for AD

Griffin has begun listening to offers for AD

Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 06-04-2019 at 12:34 PM.

I don't believe the rumors. AD loves it here.

Trade him to the Knicks on draft night.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Trade him to the Knicks on draft night.
    I like the knicks trade myself but the only thing i worry about is RJ wanting to be in New York and we end up with another AD wanna be in the lights kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I like the knicks trade myself but the only thing i worry about is RJ wanting to be in New York and we end up with another AD wanna be in the lights kinda guy.
    He’s just saying that because he doesn’t want to go 4,5,6 .....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think teams should be required to post trade offers to this website, so we can all comment on them.

Quote Originally Posted by jcollins9 View Post
    I think teams should be required to post trade offers to this website, so we can all comment on them.
    ...better yet get our approval...yea yea

Quote Originally Posted by jcollins9 View Post
    Completely agree.

I'll settle for them each hitting my DMs on Twitter for my take.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    He’s just saying that because he doesn’t want to go 4,5,6 .....lol

Not sure. If that were the case, he would not have refused to workout for Memphis (#2).

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not sure. If that were the case, he would not have refused to workout for Memphis (#2).
    Not sure that was true even if it was they said they were taking Morant already that may be the reason why

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Bruh, if Memphis goes with Barrett or Culver with the #2 pick, you're trading with the Knicks, and only the Knicks.

I think griff has always been listening to offers. This leak feels odd.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar7th View Post
    It’s Shams reporting it there is something more to it he’s one of the best and most accurate like Woj

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Griff is ready for his best and final offers. That’s all this means. He has a deal he likes, needs other teams to beat it or he’s pulling the trigger.

Think about who "broke" the story. Shams has been the mouthpiece for Lebron/Klutch in these negotiations. Klutch may be trying to push Griffin to make a deal. Griffin may be slow playing it and it is making Klutch nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Think about who "broke" the story. Shams has been the mouthpiece for Lebron/Klutch in these negotiations. Klutch may be trying to push Griffin to make a deal. Griffin may be slow playing it and it is making Klutch nervous.
    This is exactly where my thinking was, initially.....but it just seems like the leak would be something that lit a little more fire under Griffin, if true. This leak puts no fire under Griffin....

Oh. It came to me as I was typing.....this leak only lights a fire under teams vying for AD. So IIIIIFFFF your thinking is right about Klutch wanting this out there, and I like your thinking there, it could mean that the offer Griffin is leaning towards is not to a team AD wants to be traded to so the leak is to try to get other teams to ante up.

Now I'm going full on conspiracy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This is exactly where my thinking was, initially.....but it just seems like the leak would be something that lit a little more fire under Griffin, if true. This leak puts no fire under Griffin....

Oh. It came to me as I was typing.....this leak only lights a fire under teams vying for AD. So IIIIIFFFF your thinking is right about Klutch wanting this out there, and I like your thinking there, it could mean that the offer Griffin is leaning towards is not to a team AD wants to be traded to so the leak is to try to get other teams to ante up.

That's what I'm thinking. Griff may already have something in place and klutch is like oh ******** I messed up another client's money. Lol. Why would they leak lebron is willing to leave and then the pels are now taking offers now.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

Start from the place of the relationship with Klutch is no longer adversarial and it’s easy to figure this out. Plus Griff has very different media relationships and skills than Demps and his crew.

Also, Klutch didn’t leak LeBron looking to get out if the Lakers don’t make a move. This was all Bill Paschke, who has never broken LeBron or Klutch client news. His sources seem to be Lakers from office people who predate current regime or former coaches. It’s 100% speculation. Could it be true? Yes. Was it leaked by Klutch? Not likely.

The Shams report is Klutch/Griff letting folks who haven’t called know it’s time to get their best offers in if they have interest.

I think if Griffin's goal was to get the best final offers in then the rumor would be something like,

"Pelicans & Griffin closing in on a blockbuster trade involving Anthony Davis and multiple high tier players / picks."

The leak as it stands right now seems like it's coming from AD's camp to try and start forcing Griffin's hand into a trade. They are trying to speed up the process while Griff might still be firmly in the bring AD back camp.

Or maybe AD is actually wavering, and this is Rich Paul/Klutch doing their best to stir the pot so they move him before he changes his mind. You know Klutch doesn't want him in NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Or maybe AD is actually wavering, and this is Rich Paul/Klutch doing their best to stir the pot so they move him before he changes his mind. You know Klutch doesn't want him in NOLA.
    Possible but that would be the most beta thing ever to have your agent tell you what to do instead of you telling your agent what you want to do.

"I know you're thinking about staying AD but we're here to tell you no you're not."

I'd immediately fire him. Of course this is AD so anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think if Griffin's goal was to get the best final offers in then the rumor would be something like,

"Pelicans & Griffin closing in on a blockbuster trade involving Anthony Davis and multiple high tier players / picks."

The leak as it stands right now seems like it's coming from AD's camp to try and start forcing Griffin's hand into a trade. They are trying to speed up the process while Griff might still be firmly in the bring AD back camp.
    If this was the old regime and Klutch... sure. But Klutch and Griff have a different relationship. This also doesn't do anything to speed Griff up if Griff is deciding to wait. Rereading it, it honestly just sounds like Shams got word from other teams that Griff is picking up the phone and responding to inquiries about Davis again.

As teams continue placing calls into New Orleans, Griffin has begun listening to teams and their inquiries on Davis, league sources told The Athletic. Previously, the Pelicans had been trying to pitch Davis to stay — and now they are at least open to hearing people out.
    Seriously, I think Shams knew which one of those NBA blurbs in that article would get the most clicks, and just positioned it as something more than what it was. We know Griff is going to listen to offers. We know AD is going to get traded. Shams update didn't tell us anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If this was the old regime and Klutch... sure. But Klutch and Griff have a different relationship. This also doesn't do anything to speed Griff up if Griff is deciding to wait. Rereading it, it honestly just sounds like Shams got word from other teams that Griff is picking up the phone and responding to inquiries about Davis again.

Seriously, I think Shams knew which one of those NBA blurbs in that article would get the most clicks, and just positioned it as something more than what it was. We know Griff is going to listen to offers. We know AD is going to get traded. Shams update didn't tell us anything new.
    Sure I could believe this. I think this is far more likely a scenario than Griff trying to get final offers in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Sure I could believe this. I think this is far more likely a scenario than Griff trying to get final offers in.
    But ... I mean... we ARE two weeks from the draft... so Griff is going to be looking for final offers soon... so...

Thread Information