Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Raptors NBA Finals Thread

It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to like the Warriors

What is wrong with me

He is right, What we’re the Raptors thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    It looked like more than just Curry. Seriously, that could have been the turn around right there. Weird nobody noticed.
    Opon further review, GS had 2 players off the bench on the court during play. A third past half court but out of bounds. Isn't that a suspension? Or just wishful thinking.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Looks like I was right on the Warriors putting Cousins in against Gasol! Boogie in this 1 game might have changed his entire offseason and actually cash in during FA. Now that it looks like the Warriors will be giving him big minutes this series is huge for him. He didn’t have a huge night but was very solid and actually looked good on defense. As someone who tore their achillles twice he should look much better next season. I have a feeling the Lakers will go after him and likely where he ends up.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-03-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Looks like I was right on the Warriors putting Cousins in against Gasol! Boogie in this 1 game might have changed his entire offseason and actually cash in during FA. Now that it looks like the Warriors will be giving him big minutes this series is huge for him. He didn’t have a huge night but was very solid and actually looked good on defense. As someone who tore their achillles twice he should look much better next season. I have a feeling the Lakers will go after him and likely where he ends up.
    GA you are always getting it right. Glad you won again. If you do this again you will get a appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    GA you are always getting it right. Glad you won again. If you do this again you will get a appreciation thread!
    You forgot to tell him he was pretty.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You forgot to tell him he was pretty.
    U mad?

U mad?
    Absolutely infuriated. Steam is coming out of my ears like a Looney Tunes scene.

The more I think about this game, the more I think Golden State should be upset with themselves.

The officiating was very unbalanced in the first half, landing the Raptors with multiple key players like Gasol and Lowry in heavy foul trouble early. Several of those fouls were nonsense calls. That's lucky for Golden State.

The Raptors had a 6 minute period of time where they couldn't make a single shot. Yes, GS played very good defense, but they did get open looks and just couldn't make anything. Golden State can't bet on that happening again. That's rare.

And Golden State still only won by single digits, in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Klay started off the game hot as hell, and was the only thing keeping them in it for the first quarter. He's now injured. He may be back next game, but it would not be surprising if he was hobbled. KD may not be back for game 3. Iguodala looks like he's in a lot of pain. Looney's now injured, and he was the only big they had who could defend the PnR.

Curry was bad in game 2. Real bad. He finished with 23/3/4, which is subpar for him. He shot 3 of 10 from deep and only 35% on the night. Vanvleet exposed him on defense whenever they got matched up. He had no points or assists in the fourth quarter. He had 9 FTAs, and at least 4 of them were from flops: the same bad calls the Raptors got unlucky with early in the game.

If I'm Golden State, I'm heading into game 3 feeling lucky. Even with the officiating in their favour, Golden State won game 2 because Toronto went through an absurd cold streak. That's not a good sign.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

If I'm Golden State, I'm heading into game 3 feeling lucky. Even with the officiating in their favour, Golden State won game 2 because Toronto went through an absurd cold streak. That's not a good sign.
    To be fair, Golden State went through a similar cold streak to end the game. They had open looks, they just missed them.

You could argue that it's not a good sign for Toronto that they gave up a double digit lead at home to a team playing hobbled. Iguodala is hurting. Boogie is hurting. Steph was sick. KD is out. Klay and Looney got hurt.

It's not a good sign that the team that is healthy and came in with home court advantage, has now lost home court advantage to a 3 time champion that might be getting a 2x Finals MVP back in game 4.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    To be fair, Golden State went through a similar cold streak to end the game. They had open looks, they just missed them.

You could argue that it's not a good sign for Toronto that they gave up a double digit lead at home to a team playing hobbled. Iguodala is hurting. Boogie is hurting. Steph was sick. KD is out. Klay and Looney got hurt.

It's not a good sign that the team that is healthy and came in with home court advantage, has now lost home court advantage to a 3 time champion that might be getting a 2x Finals MVP back in game 4.
    Except both teams were cold during that stretch. Raptors scored only three points on a made bucket in the final 4 minutes, the exact same number Golden State did. Raptors got a couple of FTs, that's all they had extra. Both offenses died.

And it's also a case of the officiating coming back to save GS. Lowry got ejected for his 6th foul, when 2 of his first half fouls were nonsense calls he shouldn't have had. That definitely impacted the final few minutes.

I agree that the Raptors should be upset with themselves. If they had made even a handful of those open baskets, they still could have won despite the horrific officiating, and that's their fault. You have to make shots. But that doesn't change the fact that the Warriors were lucky that the Raptors had that cold stretch: the worst cold stretch of their entire postseason, and a cold stretch that had relatively little to do with Godown State.

I've been thinking about this today and I've realized:

Drake makes me hate the Raptors more than Green makes me hate Golden State.

I never thought this day would come but, I hope the Raptors lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I've been thinking about this today and I've realized:

Drake makes me hate the Raptors more than Green makes me hate Golden State.

I never thought this day would come but, I hope the Raptors lose.
    I mean, Green is annoying but he is a fantastic basketball player, and I don't think he's a sexual predator. Drake doesn't have either of those benefits: he's just a mouthy fan with creepy tendencies and a big enough wallet that the league forgives it.

Folks, he is not okay.

Just rewatched Game 2. Bunch of thoughts but I won't drop them all.

One big thought: maybe it's just the angle that we got on the NBA app broadcast, but it looks like Klay got hurt... flopping.

Like, Danny Green runs past him, and he purposefully lands funny trying to flop for the foul call, and hurts himself in his stupid non-landing.

He definitely hurt himself flopping. At first I started feeling sorry for the Warriors when I saw he'd hurt himself, but after seeing the replay that sympathy evaporated quickly :P

Quote Originally Posted by CarnbY View Post
    He definitely hurt himself flopping. At first I started feeling sorry for the Warriors when I saw he'd hurt himself, but after seeing the replay that sympathy evaporated quickly :P
    I didn't feel bad anyway. Obviously you don't want people to get seriously hurt but they only won their first ring anyway because Kyrie and Love were both completely out, and they've faced so many injured teams that I cannot feel bad for them.

LoL people have no sense of humor! Thanks buddy haha

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL people have no sense of humor! Thanks buddy haha
    Good luck Wednesday! Win more money!

I don't think Klay plays tonight. Could be wrong obviously, I'm not in the room with him or anything, but I wouldn't risk it if I were GS.

And there it is. Raptors really need to win this one. Need to steal one on the road to make up for losing one at home. No Klay, no KD, no Looney, Iguodala injured. Got to win this one, really no excuse.

Draymond with the hideous airball.... wow

Curry hits the follow up though

Thread Information