Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Raptors NBA Finals Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    While I don't necessarily disagree, how do you play Siakim and Zion together?

Any way you want. He guards all 5 spots.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Cook, Livingston, Jerebko, Cousins, and Klay.

This must be the lineup Kerr sees in his nightmares.
    Basketball.

Vanvleet looking like prime D Rose with these layups man

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Vanvleet looking like prime D Rose with these layups man
    He’s going to have to play that way if the Raptors want to win.

Honestly, if the Raptors win it all, would Kawahi come back to Toronto?

Cousins getting bailed out for the brick.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    He’s going to have to play that way if the Raptors want to win.

Honestly, if the Raptors win it all, would Kawahi come back to Toronto?
    I think so. He'd come back, sure. He might stay even if they lose.

Vanvleet is thoroughly outplaying Curry right now, but honestly that's not a very high bar cause Curry has been toilet water.

Wow, Cousins bailed out AGAIN by another whistle. That was a clear charge.

Kawhi with that high IQ offensive board, Lowry swishes it. Just dynamic, high IQ play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Kawhi with that high IQ offensive board, Lowry swishes it. Just dynamic, high IQ play.
    I never understood basketball IQ until people started talking about Kawhi’s IQ back in SA. It’s amazing how smart he is. Siakam is getting to that level as well (or maybe his talent is catching up to his IQ).

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I never understood basketball IQ until people started talking about Kawhi’s IQ back in SA. It’s amazing how smart he is. Siakam is getting to that level as well (or maybe his talent is catching up to his IQ).
    Yeah, a lot of people use IQ kind of randomly (as if it just means any good play, or as if every good player is high IQ) but when it's legit, it's obvious. Some players just visibly see the court differently. Kawhi is one. Fully engaged Lebron is another. Duncan was one.

Zion is another, jsyk.

Toronto is looking like a well oiled machine tonight. They have amazing depth and each one of their players know their respective roles.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Toronto is looking like a well oiled machine tonight. They have amazing depth and each one of their players know their respective roles.
    Taking nothing away from Toronto, who are playing fantastically, but a large part of it is that Golden State has just been garbage. If it wasn't for the horrific officiating, Toronto would be up 20 right now.

Disgusting offensive possession by Curry. He had that floater, but passed for no reason. Got it back, had the three he'd normally take, gave it up to drive and tried to get a foul call on a wild prayer-shot. Missed. No call. Garbage.

Edit: and seconds later, he takes that exact three.

Curry finally making some shots. He keeps this up, he'll be healthy in no time.

Warriors been bailed out to the tune of 20 first half FTAs.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Warriors just flat out look like the lesser of the two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Warriors just flat out look like the lesser of the two teams.
    Totally agree.

After game one, saw a lot of people on twitter saying ''the game's finished and Toronto's lead still doesn't feel safe'', and I have to wonder if they were watching the same game as I was. Toronto's lead looked rock solid and near-untouchable the entire second half.

And their lead tonight feels similar. Golden State just doesn't look like they have it.

Now Looney's questionable to return.

Warriors looking baaaaaaad.

Two terrible defensive plays by Toronto.

Can't sleepwalk here. Curry was warming up at the end of the second. They let the foot off defensively and Curry will just hit five threes and suddenly they're fighting back.

This officiating is giving me the feeling of our second round matchup against the Warriors last year.

Raptor's cannot keep settling for Gasol threes right now.

Raptors offense is looking extinct right now.

I think it's really nice of the refs to decide that because Klay can't dribble, he doesn't have to. That's very accommodating of them.

And of course it's Vanvleet who knocks the lid off.

The Raptors really letting Vanvleet down right now.

Thread Information